2015 4* RB Kerryon Johnson commits to AU!

tombigbeetiger

I was actually just about to post that I would love to see - after the fact - what all the coaches' Outlook calendars look like. It's amazing to me that they're so many places, seemingly at once. Who keeps track? Someone must be in their ear reminding them of talking points with whatever kid(s) they're about to visit (parents' names, pets, classes in school, girlfriends, other hobbies, why they like Auburn, what they've done in games to impress coaches, etc.). Absolutely mind boggling.

Sorry to derail but I just wanted to piggyback on Mikey's comment.

This would make for a fascinating thread if some of you have insight.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Malzahn, Lashlee and Horton visit KJ at the Madison Academy bball game tonight ...

psrsL1L.jpg

Huntsville, Ala. – (WHNT) College football coaches across the nation are making a final push towards signing day. Gus Malzahn and his staff are no exception and on Friday they spent the afternoon and evening at Kerryon Johnson’s home. After the in-home visit, Malzahn and Johnson went watched Madison Academy take on Madison County in basketball. Offensive Coordinator Rhett Lashlee and running backs coach Tim Horton joined Malzahn in the rocket city to make sure Kerryon isn’t thinking about changing his mind. According to Johnson’s twitter account, the visit “went as great as expected,” leaving most to believe we can expect a signature with Auburn on Wednesday.

http://whnt.com/2015/01/31/gus-malzahn-and-his-offensive-staff-visit-kerryon-johnson-at-home/

Maybe also helping out Bruce Pearl? Madison Academy has the nations #14 bball junior prospect...

http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/article/6598542377653962900/madison-academy-5-star-phenom-joshua-langford-ranked-nations-no-14-junior-by-espn/

Haveta say KJ is my favorite! He has been great for us for a long time. Hope he has a Terrific run while at AU!

So I went to lunch today with my mom and this kid in an AU sweater (with his family in tow) was standing behind us in line. I kept thinking that he was REALLY into AU, wearing the vest and all, so I leaned over and said , "War Eagle" to him and his family. They said it back and we all went our separate ways. Now that I see his picture, it was Kerryon and his family! REALLY nice people! Glad to have this kid on the plains!!

• 2 years later...

What a blast to the past, me telling a source to RELAX regarding Kerryon flipping, and seeing wareagle6 , chimes, and WareagleAU on the screen. Last time I conversed with Chimes, the topic was Mia Khalifa.

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

What a back this kid has became . Fantastic young man 

Don’t forget he probably could’ve been a fine safety for Auburn as well. He is just talented. 

3 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

What a back this kid has became . Fantastic young man 

Right? When I read one of the comments about him being a safety I was like "what?!" I know the AU family can get bummed when some recruits don't turn out as expected and/or leave, but it's nice when they become SEC POY. :)

8 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

What a blast to the past, me telling a source to RELAX regarding Kerryon flipping, and seeing wareagle6 , chimes, and WareagleAU on the screen. Last time I conversed with Chimes, the topic was Mia Khalifa.

I miss Chimes.

Archived