2015 4* RB Kerryon Johnson commits to AU!

tombigbeetiger

Watching the you tube video of Kerryon's commitment, three words came to mind. They were "class" and "Auburn Man." Well done young man and Kerryon welcome home. Just wait until the first time you are in the locker room after a very tough hard fought win, you are dog tired, you are sore all over and your head is pounding, Gus tells you how proud he is of your brothers and you and you each come together and sing "War Eagle" before returning to the field where 80,000 fans are still waiting to tell you they love you. You have a good feel for the Auburn Family now, you will have an even better feel then and all your aches and pains will disappear in a second.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the you tube video of Kerryon's commitment, three words came to mind. They were "class" and "Auburn Man." Well done young man and Kerryon welcome home. Just wait until the first time you are in the locker room after a very tough hard fought win, you are dog tired, you are sore all over and your head is pounding, Gus tells you how proud he is of your brothers and you and you each come together and sing "War Eagle" before returning to the field where 80,000 fans are still waiting to tell you they love you. You have a good feel for the Auburn Family now, you will have an even better feel then and all your aches and pains will disappear in a second.

Well said. I thought the same thing. He seems like an all-around great kid. Glad to have him!

I've been trying to think of someone that his running style reminds me of but it's tough. I want to say Kenny Irons but, that's not quite right. Dare I say he reminds me of Darren McFadden?!! He has the talent and speed to run past you but he's not afraid to run through you!

Watching his highlight video, it feels good seeing him run TDs into Bama's endzone (they played a state championship game there). Hopefully he'll be doing plenty of that during his time at AU ;D

Just watched some video and his running actually reminds me somewhat of Cam-- the way he can weave through defenders making them miss, not looking exceptionally fast while doing so, but just having very good instinctive moves.

Any idea if Kerryon will get a 5th star this year?

He already had and lost it on Rivals. 247 has had him a 4* for a long time.

Typical rivals when one commits to AU instead of bama! Lol, WDE Kerryon, u will absolutely love it in Auburn!!

Actually we had a number of recruits move up on Rivals last year.

I might be wrong, but I think he was joking.

Given 6's post history on that issue he's likely not.

Great pickup! I'm thinking this ends it for RB's this year if Jovon chooses Auburn as expected.

Jovon?....you must be kidding .....thought you said that AU would never sign him.... :) .......of course I said that too....so who knows :dunno: we might have been wrong.

Great young man with character. Could be a true leader. Welcome young MAN ! ! !

p.s. If he had picked west vance, he would have been given SIX stars" immediately ............. :-\

Does this commitment help us with any other recruits? I'm stoked about Kerryon and maybe some other HS prospects are too..

If Kerryon chooses to help us recruit like TQ does then yes I'd say so.

Just watched some video and his running actually reminds me somewhat of Cam-- the way he can weave through defenders making them miss, not looking exceptionally fast while doing so, but just having very good instinctive moves.

As weird as it is, I agree with you. Doesn't necessarily run like a true RB...more like an athlete. Good comparison IMO.

Does this commitment help us with any other recruits? I'm stoked about Kerryon and maybe some other HS prospects are too..

Kerryon mentioned in during his commitment yesterday that he was looking forward to help recruiting other players to AU. He said the first player he would be focusing on is the DT Payne. I hope he helps us with him.

Kerryon mentioned in during his commitment yesterday that he was looking forward to help recruiting other players to AU. He said the first player he would be focusing on is the DT Payne. I hope he helps us with him.

BOOM! That's what I'm talking about!

Great pickup! I'm thinking this ends it for RB's this year if Jovon chooses Auburn as expected.

Jovon?....you must be kidding .....thought you said that AU would never sign him.... :) .......of course I said that too....so who knows :dunno: we might have been wrong.

We were correct at the time. The NCAA and AU had agreed to that. Gus & co. got it changed somehow. Just goes to show you how long "never" really isn't.

Kerryon got a small bump from ESPN that gave him back his 5th^ LINK Title updated.

Sweet! Thanks E. Kerryon will be a difference maker. He sounds like a very bright kid and a exceptional athlete.

Archived