2015 4* RB Kerryon Johnson commits to AU!

tombigbeetiger

"@AyeyoKEJO: Auburn served me peach cobbler and ice cream.....they clearly know the way to my heart"

5* Karryon Johnson also said that the versatility of Auburn's offense stands out to him.

recruiting rules are complicated and confusing so I'm sure I'm wrong but I thought we weren't allowed to feed recruits unless it was an official visit?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AU big leader right now but as always in recruiting things can change. I feel comfortable saying KJ o AU though.

23: Do you think signing Javon Robinson would have any impact on KJ's decision?

AU big leader right now but as always in recruiting things can change. I feel comfortable saying KJ o AU though.

Have no clue there, but the thought of snagging both KJ and JR tickles me to death

Have no clue there, but the thought of snagging both KJ and JR tickles me to death

Won't let me start a thread yet (or ever...lol) but I was curious if a team has ever had two heisman finalist. Then again, I guess ill google it.

Won't let me start a thread yet (or ever...lol) but I was curious if a team has ever had two heisman finalist. Then again, I guess ill google it.

It's not common, but it has happened a good many times. In 2004, Adrian Peterson and Jason White from Oklahoma were finalists as well as Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart from USC.

"@AyeyoKEJO: Auburn served me peach cobbler and ice cream.....they clearly know the way to my heart"

5* Karryon Johnson also said that the versatility of Auburn's offense stands out to him.

recruiting rules are complicated and confusing so I'm sure I'm wrong but I thought we weren't allowed to feed recruits unless it was an official visit?

He could have been referring to any of the many restaurants downtown that serve peach cobbler and ice cream. Maybe he bought it? I don't know, just a guess.

No if we sign Jovon it will nnot impact Kerryon decision. I expect Kerryon to commit to us very soon by MAY.

I lkike the sound of this. Johnson is a very good athlete. He will contribute. He actually reminds me of Jovon some in his running style. In Gus's offense having 2 guys like this will only benefit AU and the players too.

No if we sign Jovon it will nnot impact Kerryon decision. I expect Kerryon to commit to us very soon by MAY.

Nice -- thanks, 23.

Kerryon is being recruited as a rb and will ne a future stud @ AU at the rb position.

Key word was MAY move to safety, We are deep at RB

Kerryon is being recruited as a rb and will ne a future stud @ AU at the rb position.

Key word was MAY move to safety, We are deep at RB

Agreed but like 23 said he is probably more valuable at RB. It would be nice to have a versatile stud though.

I'm excited we might get this kid. Our depth at running back is in a good position but not too crowded to scare away recruits.

Both CAP and Grant are gone after this year for anyone who doesn't remember. That leaves us with Barber, Rock, Pettaway all great kids but none are proven entities yet so it makes sense why running backs are still giving us a look.

Nothing really new, but per a good source at MA, it's FSU and AU by a long shot over Updyke U. with, in his opinion, FSU the leader right now. I know this goes against what some have said here, but that's what I was told and I believe him. Also said KJ is signing as a RB regardless of where he goes and isn't interested in going the D route which could have been a real possibility.

Nothing really new, but per a good source at MA, it's FSU and AU by a long shot over Updyke U. with, in his opinion, FSU the leader right now. I know this goes against what some have said here, but that's what I was told and I believe him. Also said KJ is signing as a RB regardless of where he goes and isn't interested in going the D route which could have been a real possibility.

Thought I saw where FSU had a couple RB's higher on their board. Crazy as it sounds, idk if KJ is a take for them at this point unless he's open to moving to WR/S.

FSU may be his leader but he's not their leader at RB. It's very good for AU KJ wants to play RB as he is #1 on our board but only #5 on the FSU RB board.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived