2017 JUCO ATH D'Anfernee McGriff

RunInRed

This dude will be a gator when it's all said and done

Agree.

Just read his tweets.

August 4th:

I am currently at Jireh prep. A 4 month program working my ass off to get back to my dream,my home,my love. THE UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA

In the words of Telly Savalas' Kojak.... "Who loves ya baby?" According to our own people UF was not too happy that this player went prep school and not JUCO. Do they still love him back? Our people were up front with him do we want him more?

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I told you guys he was going to prep school way back in January. I don't why the JUCO thing became a thing, but I heard from his coaches that it was prep school once UF entered the picture. I might question who's paying for the prep school.

This dude will be a gator when it's all said and done

Agree.

Just read his tweets.

August 4th:

I am currently at Jireh prep. A 4 month program working my ass off to get back to my dream,my home,my love. THE UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA

In the words of Telly Savalas' Kojak.... "Who loves ya baby?" According to our own people UF was not too happy that this player went prep school and not JUCO. Do they still love him back? Our people were up front with him do we want him more?

Believe me, UFA wants him. The kid is very, very talented. He is a matchup nightmare.

AUDevil you and WDEWDE have very different takes on this situation.

Definitely, and maybe my info has been relayed poorly or deceptively...but it comes straight from his team.

I told you guys he was going to prep school way back in January. I don't why the JUCO thing became a thing, but I heard from his coaches that it was prep school once UF entered the picture. I might question who's paying for the prep school.

Many prep schools have scholarship money available for truly outstanding athletes. UF would benefit if he succeeds at prep school. If he does succeed academically there he can enroll early at UF and save the scholarship slot he took in February. If not, the slot is lost and they'd have to sign him twice. I can't see a reason UF would want him at JUCO instead of prep school, unless they thought he couldn't do what's necessary for him to qualify at the prep school.

Archived