2017 JUCO ATH D'Anfernee McGriff

RunInRed

I assume he projects as a RB?

http://www.al.com/au...r_4-star_2.html

This says he would get a shot at QB but would be open to playing FB or RB. I don't think many people see him as a QB at the next level.

My nephew was his left tackle the last couple of years so I've watched him a lot. While very talented, he's not the electric athlete that Vanover was and he likely won't be playing QB at the next level. He's a DB-WR-maybe RB. He was a workhorse last year, they called QB run after run after run. He was not really a passing threat and Leon did not really have a great WR threat. My other nephew may be one if his guards this year…I'll keep watching him.

Leon always fields a very talented team. I can picture him as a very good LB.

I wanna play...I can picture him as a Unicorn, jumping over rainbows!! (Am I doing it right?)

Definitely NOT right!

:- )

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me, or does his name sound like someone is intentionally mispronouncing "D'Anthony"?

Anfernee is not a terribly uncommon name.

Still sounds like an intentional mispronunciation of Anthony ... as if you were mocking someone's poor diction.

We can just call him "Penny" if he comes to AU.

Keith Neibuhr just made his CB prediction to Auburn. First one to do so. Dameyune Craig is listed as his primary recruiter - can't be upset at all about that.

EDIT:

Is he 6' or 6' 3"? The first post list him at 6' with a quote about him being 6' 3".

Thanks

Likely somewhere inbetween. 247 has him at 6'1". Rivals at 6'0". Scout at 6'3". ESPN at 6'0". So likely a little closer to the 6' mark, but he may grow a little between now and signing day too.

WR. I am really intrigued by this kid. He is a big frame kid and he can move. I don't think he is a burner but he is physical enough. The situation reminds me of Ricardo Louis a bit. They aren't exactly alike but their skills are similar IYAM.

WR. I am really intrigued by this kid. He is a big frame kid and he can move. I don't think he is a burner but he is physical enough. The situation reminds me of Ricardo Louis a bit. They aren't exactly alike but their skills are similar IYAM.

4_1277219.jpg

D'Anfernee McGriff

Athlete, Dual-Threat Quarterback, Running Back

Tallahassee, FL (Tallahassee Leon)

Ht: 6-1 | Wt: 230 | 40: 4.34

Did you mention burner ? Ok so add .10 to it, me still likey. ;D

Yeah, he is fast enough. When you consider he also weighs 230lbs or so. I like his downfield vision setting up his runs too.

Yeah, he is fast enough. When you consider he also weighs 230lbs or so. I like his downfield vision setting up his runs too.

I definitely think we can find a place on the field this this guy if if is open to both offense and defense. He can play football.

This kid moves well and carries his weight well. He can play everywhere except oline and Dline. Very impressive

This kid moves well and carries his weight well. He can play everywhere except oline and Dline. Very impressive

I am in agreement with you, but then I thought about DE. He COULD develop the body to play DE, but it isn't likely. He is an incredible athlete though and versatile.

Put him on commit watch this weekend.

sweet! He will definitely contribute somewhere. I can see him at LB, safety, star, wildcat QB, receiver, RB. He can do a lot.

let's hope he plays better than Penny did

Penny was devastating until injuries wrecked his career.

he was a head case at times.

You're thinking of Lil' Penny.

You're thinking of Lil' Penny.

2z8x9qv.jpg

I'm not recallingt that, so much as he got so popular so quickly that the issue of who was top dog between him and Shaq was an issue, as it eventually was with Shaq and Kobe.

Archived