Auburn currently leads for...

CameronCrazy

I think in the end we end up getting ben edwards and Holland will not be able to resist playing in college with his high school team mate. Tre williams is going to have another 5 star to play alongside him

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darryl Williams??? Grew up an Auburn Fan - earned an invitation to the "The Opening" this July. He is expected to be one of only 20 offensive linemen invited. Any information on how high he is on our list?

Not high at the moment.

Don't we lead for Carr as well?

yes

FWIW I don't think Carr ends up a take for AU. The staff always wanted him to commit early to help the class. With him taking things slow I think he will lose his spot. Plus just IMO I think he gets exposed at camps this Summer.

Add Jovon, WR Jayson Stanley, ATH McGriff (A Day commit watch), and CB Darius Slayton. All are takes for the staff and AU leads for all.

Add Jovon, WR Jayson Stanley, ATH McGriff (A Day commit watch), and CB Darius Slayton. All are takes for the staff and AU leads for all.

Updated. Thanks, E!

That's good to hear E. Any of those guys, other than possible D'Anfernee, set to commit anytime soonish?

Sharp and Kim are set to commit soon. No specific date. UGA has made it tight with both though.

Don't we lead for Carr as well?

yes

FWIW I don't think Carr ends up a take for AU. The staff always wanted him to commit early to help the class. With him taking things slow I think he will lose his spot. Plus just IMO I think he gets exposed at camps this Summer.

I believe E is 100% correct on Carr. He has wIted to long.

Carr made a big mistake. Queen made a good decision at about the same time. TQ might not be a take now if he had waited.

Carr was high on our list and was asked to commit early and be a face of the class. He waiting and the staff, while still pursuing him, are looking elsewhere. Also, there have been some discoveries with his athleticism and technique that might drop his rating once he faces tougher comp at elite camps. If that indeed occurs, he would not have a committable offer from our staff.

Carr made a big mistake. Queen made a good decision at about the same time. TQ might not be a take now if he had waited.

Interesting. Most around here have already given him the keys to the bus.

Opinion of course. No way it could be fact. Hypothetical stuff is just that. Fact is he's committed to us and I hope it stays that way through signing date.

Even though some on this board don't believe it TQ is the #1 QB committed or uncommitted on the staff's board. They expect a monster year from him this year.

I completely disagree with this. Queen was a huge get for AU and we were lucky we were on him early. He has taken a HS that has very little playoff history to heights they have never been. He is a leader and a very talented QB, with a great arm. He is also leading the way in recruiting players to AU. Kerryon mentioned yesterday that TQ was recruiting him hard to AU and he wanted to start doing the same for AU.

Even though some on this board don't believe it TQ is the #1 QB committed or uncommitted on the staff's board. They expect a monster year from him this year.

That's good to hear. I believe that he's their #1 guy, and I believe that Gus is looking to shift back to a mobile-but-not-exactly-dual-threat QB.

I just don't ever make assumptions about what's going to happen when- or if- a player gets on campus.

Point I was trying to make is AU is in on so many high profile QBs right now (due in part to the magical season) that staff might want to wait and see how things shake out before taking a QB committment right now. That being said I'm glad TQ committed when he did and I shouldn't even think about what ifs. My original wording was probably bad and this might not be much better. I certainly didn't mean anything negative toward TQ or TC for that matter. I still hope he signs also with AU.

I don't understand why we would move away from a balanced running/passing quarterback, when it is exactly this type of athlete that has led us to two national championship games recently. The running threat from qb is what makes the offense go. I just love what we are doing and hope we don't move away from the scheme to accomodate a good passing qb with mediocre wheels.... Even a great defense can not guess right every time when a qb can hurt you with his legs and is a threat on each play. It just makes everyone more effective. I think we need two more of these please.

I don't understand why we would move away from a balanced running/passing quarterback, when it is exactly this type of athlete that has led us to two national championship games recently. The running threat from qb is what makes the offense go. I just love what we are doing and hope we don't move away from the scheme to accomodate a good passing qb with mediocre wheels.... Even a great defense can not guess right every time when a qb can hurt you with his legs and is a threat on each play. It just makes everyone more effective. I think we need two more of these please.

You build the gameplan around the strengths of your players. As great as Cam and Nick are as runners they are not what made this offense go in the championship years. It was hellacous run blocking by the OL in both years that made the O go.and allowed the runners Cam and Nick are to excel. Without the run blocking from the OL Cam and Nick would have been no where near as productive as they were as runners. The O last year would have struggled a good bit if we did not have the run blocking we had because Nick was not a great thrower and the WRs for the most part were not great. We arguably had the best run blocking OL in the nation both years. It would be great but you can't expect to have that kind of run blocking every year. With that said, we are always going to be able to run the ball with our RBs just because of pace alone while Gus is here so you want an accurate efficient passer to be able to balance that out whether the QB can run or not along with being accurate. Don't forget, Gus was very succesful at Tulsa with heavy pass Os with 2 non running QBs and also was succesful with Chris Todd also.

We had a balanced running/passing QB last year? Which team were you watching?

All a QB really needs is enough mobility to extend a play and occasionally run for a first down. As long as we have an o-line that doesn't have him running for his life, we'll do fine with whatever QB Gus wants to recruit.

If the qb has any mobility at all ... And simply enough running ability to be a threat and keep a D honest then that can be an extra threat in this offense. Of course mike Vick running with manning/Brady passing would be ideal. Haven't seen that one yet though.

Archived