2016 4* RB Kareem Walker (Michigan commit)

ellitor

I'm guessing that some of you thought Barry Sanders, Carnell Williams and Reggie Bush "danced around" too much? There's a big difference between being indecisive behind the LoS and making people miss at the second level.

This video is littered with Thomas breaking tackles, but go to the 2:20 mark and tell me he has a problem with dancing around:

http://www.hudl.com/...lights/88496375

Back to Kareem Walker: looks like a young Walter Payton or Gayle Sayers. Just a smooth, fluid way of moving with the ball.

I have watched a lot of RB film over the last several years, IMO Roc's is the best. Just an amazing talent. I cannot wait for him to start playing. It will be fun to watch.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jojo1515

I'm guessing that some of you thought Barry Sanders, Carnell Williams and Reggie Bush "danced around" too much? There's a big difference between being indecisive behind the LoS and making people miss at the second level.

This video is littered with Thomas breaking tackles, but go to the 2:20 mark and tell me he has a problem with dancing around:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/517634/highlights/88496375

Back to Kareem Walker: looks like a young Walter Payton or Gayle Sayers. Just a smooth, fluid way of moving with the ball.

Nobody said Roc had a problenm with anything. I agree he is one of the best I have seen, cammycam just likes Kareems style better. To each their own. I would like to see some stats to show who has better college careers...of course we have to wait about 6 years for those. Roc is a great one and may be one of the best ever, Kareem only being a sophomore has potential to reach the same level. Hope we can have both on campus so Kareem can learn from Roc....combine the two and you have an unrealistic video game player!

I like how his film included him blocking on a pass play and not just him running & catching the rock.

This... More than anything, you hear how freshmen need to be coached up in the area of blocking, most. Nice to see a player who is getting that in high school, and knows it is important enough to include it in his reel.

There is an article up on Walker in 247 now. I just watched his film again. He would be terrific in our offense. Are we his leader? Who is he a fan of?

There is an article up on Walker in 247 now. I just watched his film again. He would be terrific in our offense. Are we his leader? Who is he a fan of?

Don't know but that's becoming less and less of a factor in recruiting now-a-days.

Don't know but that's becoming less and less of a factor in recruiting now-a-days.

I think I agree. We have recently seen this a lot.

All that hair doesn't slow down Sammie. This Kareem can wear his hair anyway wants as when he signs with us.

Doesn't slow Sammie down compared to what? Have you seen Sammie play without the mane? I made my comment as a joke but there is some validity to it. You think he doesn't feel all that hair hanging out of his helmet?

I absolutely hate bammer in every way but the fact that they make players keep their hair "up" and not flowing down their back is pretty smart, if you ask me.

Walker (6-1, 210) visited Auburn for the Tigers' A-Day game on April 19 and reportedly came away impressed with Gus Malzahn's offense.

"It's very hard to anticipate what's coming next, because they're high tempo," he told 247Sports. "When you get a good quarterback and a good running back together in that offense, it's real fast with the no huddle. It makes it real difficult."

Walker told 247Sports that while he doesn't claim any leaders, Alabama and Penn State are the two programs that currently stand out in his recruitment. He visited Penn State last month and Alabama recruiter Mario Cristobal went to New Jersey to visit with Walker last weekend.

He's also being recruited hard by Michigan, Notre Dame and Tennessee and has added offers from Clemson, Florida State and Virginia in the last week.

www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/04/alabama_auburn_after_5-star_20.html

I understand from the Alabama residents that al.com is pro UAT but this nugget from the article bothered me. "It is the program across the state, however, that may have made the biggest impression..." Really? Perhaps wishful thinking. Long time until this 2016 recruit signs.

I understand from the Alabama residents that al.com is pro UAT but this nugget from the article bothered me. "It is the program across the state, however, that may have made the biggest impression..." Really? Perhaps wishful thinking. Long time until this 2016 recruit signs.

according to that article, the alabama scholarship made him say WOW :Sing:

according to that article, the alabama scholarship made him say WOW :Sing:

I didn't even click the link when I saw it was AL.com. Waste of time reading that junk in regards to AU.

I have NO doubt in my mind that Auburn will find several Top notch RB's to join the family. Walker is a good one. If he goes elsewhere, we will find another back that wants to be at AU that will serve our university well.

Tremendous is an understatement! WOW! One of the best highlight films i have ever seen from a RB

While his film is impressive, go back and watch Roc Thomas' video...or the current Jovon Robinson video...Auburn may have 2 better RBs on the roster before he even commits...of course if he gets better between now and then, all bets are off :)/>

Huh? Jovon will be in the NFL by the time this kid ever sets foot on any campus. And Roc will be a junior.

Well, if you'd pay attention, I was talking about who had the better highlight film. Also, Roc may very well redshirt and be a redshirt sophomore and Jovon would come in next year with 2 years to play, correct? So he would be a senior unless he left early (which is possible). So again, I think Roc and Jovons highlights are better than Kareems (even looking at Rocs sophmore highlights). So therefore, there could be 2 bettrr RBs on the roster when this kid would sign. And again, if he gets better, all bets are off. Understand now?

I understood before. But Roc is not going to redshirt barring an injury, because no one redshirts top tier running backs anymore because most (if they are ever going to be) are pro ready by their junior year if not before, and a redshirt would be a waste of a year. And Jovon is almost 100% 1-and-done wherever he goes, because all indications are he is NFL-ready now an just needs a good showcase year. So chances are almost certain that by the time Kareem ever has a chance to set foot on campus, Jovon will not be here, and Roc could very well be going into his last year. To suggest that they will in the future cut into Kareem's playing time should he come here is asanine. Now if you want to compare his film to Kerryon's and talk competition, that would make more sense, but not Roc's and certainly not Jovon's.

And for the record, I was not trying to be rude in my post, just point out what appeared to be an innocent oversight. I'm not sure why you got so indignant about it.

Nope. Still doesn't look like you understood.

Tremendous is an understatement! WOW! One of the best highlight films i have ever seen from a RB

While his film is impressive, go back and watch Roc Thomas' video...or the current Jovon Robinson video...Auburn may have 2 better RBs on the roster before he even commits...of course if he gets better between now and then, all bets are off :)/>

Huh? Jovon will be in the NFL by the time this kid ever sets foot on any campus. And Roc will be a junior.

Well, if you'd pay attention, I was talking about who had the better highlight film. Also, Roc may very well redshirt and be a redshirt sophomore and Jovon would come in next year with 2 years to play, correct? So he would be a senior unless he left early (which is possible). So again, I think Roc and Jovons highlights are better than Kareems (even looking at Rocs sophmore highlights). So therefore, there could be 2 bettrr RBs on the roster when this kid would sign. And again, if he gets better, all bets are off. Understand now?

I understood before. But Roc is not going to redshirt barring an injury, because no one redshirts top tier running backs anymore because most (if they are ever going to be) are pro ready by their junior year if not before, and a redshirt would be a waste of a year. And Jovon is almost 100% 1-and-done wherever he goes, because all indications are he is NFL-ready now an just needs a good showcase year. So chances are almost certain that by the time Kareem ever has a chance to set foot on campus, Jovon will not be here, and Roc could very well be going into his last year. To suggest that they will in the future cut into Kareem's playing time should he come here is asanine. Now if you want to compare his film to Kerryon's and talk competition, that would make more sense, but not Roc's and certainly not Jovon's.

And for the record, I was not trying to be rude in my post, just point out what appeared to be an innocent oversight. I'm not sure why you got so indignant about it.

Not sure if I will be screwing hthings up here but:

1. Barring injury, Jovon has a good chance of being 1 and done.

2. I doubt Roc redshirts. Gus likes to play his best people, and I think at least on running plays Roc will get some carries.

3. Roc wil most likely be a Jr when Walker is a Freshman. If Walker is as good as we hope, he will most likley not redshirt either.

4. Karryon might have more effort on Walker than Roc. Kerryon will be a Sophmore, and he has a lot of talent as we all know.

2. I doubt Roc redshirts. Gus likes to play his best people, and I think at least on running plays Roc will get some carries.

3. Roc wil most likely be a Jr when Walker is a Freshman. If Walker is as good as we hope, he will most likley not redshirt either.

4. Karryon might have more effort on Walker than Roc. Kerryon will be a Sophmore, and he has a lot of talent as we all know.

The original statement was about their film, not that we would be full at running back. He could have replaced Jovon with Bo and the statement would have had the same meaning. He was talking about their high school film.

Poster 1: "That's the best high school film I've ever seen."

Poster 2: "We have a running back showing up in the fall with better high school film."

Poster 2 is not saying we don't need, or shouldn't take Walker, he's just saying Thomas' high school film was better. Nothing more, nothing less.

The original statement was about their film, not that we would be full at running back. He could have replaced Jovon with Bo and the statement would have had the same meaning. He was talking about their high school film.

Poster 1: "That's the best high school film I've ever seen."

Poster 2: "We have a running back showing up in the fall with better high school film."

Poster 2 is not saying we don't need, or shouldn't take Walker, he's just saying Thomas' high school film was better. Nothing more, nothing less.

Roc's film is way, way good.

We also had poster after poster saying that you don't bring in a high star qb to sit the bench, well we all know that is not true, because HS tape don't mean s%^%&%^&t after signing day!!!! Playing time is earned not handed out, surprises me that it is even a discussion.

Guest jojo1515

We also had poster after poster saying that you don't bring in a high star qb to sit the bench, well we all know that is not true, because HS tape don't mean s%^%&%^&t after signing day!!!! Playing time is earned not handed out, surprises me that it is even a discussion.

Agreed^

Surprises me that I thought Rocs film was better, and 3 weeks later people are still debating something I didnt even say...I still think Roc has better film...and guess what...he will be on campus before Walker likely commits anywhere...still the same as it was 3 weeks ago lol. Walker looks great, Roc just looks better..there should be nothing other than that read into my comments. This is hilarious.

Agreed^

Surprises me that I thought Rocs film was better, and 3 weeks later people are still debating something I didnt even say...I still think Roc has better film...and guess what...he will be on campus before Walker likely commits anywhere...still the same as it was 3 weeks ago lol. Walker looks great, Roc just looks better..there should be nothing other than that read into my comments. This is hilarious.

Tons of posters on SECRANT last year thought Roc's film was the best HS RB film they had seen all year. He has a chance to be very, very special.

Agreed^

Seconded.

Archived