2015 4* FB Chandler Cox commits to AU!

RunInRed

not that he looks small, but he's got some work to do if he wants to look like Jay

The guy is still in HS....but for the most part playing Fullback is about attitude and toughness. Fred Beasley, William Andrews, were some of best NFL FBs in their days.....AU's second nickname should probably be FBU

Not too mention Tony Richardson who is one of the all time best NFL FBs and hands down the best pros that came from AU.

The best PRO regardless of position? Maybe but i don't know about hands down....

Reread. I did not say regardless of position. I was strictly talking at FB for that entire sentence.

Evans had a very nice run in the NFL too. I think he may have at least one championship ring from his time with New England.

I think Prosch will have a nice NFL career too.

Tommie Agee did alright, too. Prosch will do well in the right offense. I hope Cox gets on the Gus Bus.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not that he looks small, but he's got some work to do if he wants to look like Jay

The guy is still in HS....but for the most part playing Fullback is about attitude and toughness. Fred Beasley, William Andrews, were some of best NFL FBs in their days.....AU's second nickname should probably be FBU

Not too mention Tony Richardson who is one of the all time best NFL FBs and hands down the best pros that came from AU.

The best PRO regardless of position? Maybe but i don't know about hands down....

Reread. I did not say regardless of position. I was strictly talking at FB for that entire sentence.

Evans had a very nice run in the NFL too. I think he may have at least one championship ring from his time with New England.

I think Prosch will have a nice NFL career too.

Tommie Agee did alright, too. Prosch will do well in the right offense. I hope Cox gets on the Gus Bus.

Nice memory! I remember Agee. He was very good.

I believe the coaches have a new requirement that any Auburn FB has to have 20 inch pythons hanging from his shoulders. So yes, if he commits he needs to get in the weight room ASAP.

We can always use a big blocking back like Chandler to open things up for the running game. However, I've been reading on different sites that he might be a heavy lean towards Florida right now.

We can always use a big blocking back like Chandler to open things up for the running game. However, I've been reading on different sites that he might be a heavy lean towards Florida right now.

Must not be reading this site then

AU4ever. I'm taking a new approch here with you.

Please explain why you feel that he is a HEAVY FL lean after he named AU his leader after his recent visit?

He was a UF lean au4e, but his visits to The Plains have shown him the light and the truth. He named us his leader recently. His teammate Ivey is still considered a UF lean ATP. That could change if we can get Cox on board. But Cox is a take all on his own of course.

He was a UF lean au4e, but his visits to The Plains have shown him the light and the truth. He named us his leader recently. His teammate Ivey is still considered a UF lean ATP. That could change if we can get Cox on board. But Cox is a take all on his own of course.

JMO, I think both will come to the promised land and will play at AU.

I hope so, and I tend to agree. Ivey and Patterson/Williams will round out the OL class about as good as you could have hoped for IMO. How do you recruit it any better?

I hope so, and I tend to agree. Ivey and Patterson/Williams will round out the OL class about as good as you could have hoped for IMO. How do you recruit it any better?

That would be as good as our class a few years ago. JB Grimes is a special coach who is having a great impact on our players and recruits. He is a much bigger asset and a better coach than I even hoped he would be.

Plus 1. Completely agree. It will be a great class if it comes through as you posted. I think Grimes is doing a wonderful job. The kids really like him.

Plus 1. Completely agree. It will be a great class if it comes through as you posted. I think Grimes is doing a wonderful job. The kids really like him.

There was a point where I wanted us to recruit more skill players because they do the highlight reel stuff. Then I watched the monsters we had on the line this year and saw the light. Those skill guys can't do what they do if they don't have the blue collar guys blocking for them. So give me some maulers!

Cox in many ways is a skill guy... It is really interesting to see him taking snaps out of the wildcat, and throwing the ball, when we know his true strength is his lead blocking skills along with strength and speed for a kid his size. He appears to be a smart kid with a high football IQ if you ask me.

Cox in many ways is a skill guy... It is really interesting to see him taking snaps out of the wildcat, and throwing the ball, when we know his true strength is his lead blocking skills along with strength and speed for a kid his size. He appears to be a smart kid with a high football IQ if you ask me.

Totally agree with this.

Totally agree with this.

That .....and has the Full Back mentality...which is kinda like the LB mentality...totally willing to give up his body to make a play.

• 2 weeks later...

@OS_Recruiting: #Auburn coaches and #Florida coaches all stayed til the end last night #RecruitingWar for Duke and Tez @Tezivey @chandlercox10

Archived