Former AU WR Nate Craig-Myers Transfers to Colorado St.

CameronCrazy

Y'all remember Eli Stove? I feel like people forget about him.

I'm not gonna lie. I remembered there were NCM, Davis, another guy who was almost on their level in terms of recruiting rankings, and then the big kid, McClain. So it's very true and kinda strange that I forgot Stove.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's pretty clear the offense regressed last year...was it due to QB play, Gus being stubborn, Rhett being dead weight, youth, inexperience, talent, play calling, Martians, the Saban effect, the Aubietron, JayJacobs, other coaches figuring Gus out, or the decision to continue making twinkles. If the QB play gets better - then the play calling and offensive production gets better....we may not find this out until September when Dabo comes to town.

The play calling last year with the exception the A&M game was horrendous. That disappointed me as much as much as our quarterback play

A coach can only call plays that his players are capable of executing. With severely limited capability at QB, the plays that could be called were severely limited.

I was more disappointed at the play calling with SW in the game. I think we all agree he can throw, seems like they would let him throw to the middle of the field more, take a couple more deep shots to loosen up the field besides the fake end around (really doesn't matter if we connect it or not) and give him some more options besides a wheel route and a 6 yd curl....also the stopping of running the ball and the player substitutions were horrible as far as the hb's.

People can save me the pass blocking thing hundreds of coaches work around that problem, even if barber was better Robinson wasn't completely inept that he couldn't be on the field at all, and the game was close and there was no need to go to air attacks every down a couple of the games I.e. Georgia

Couldn't agree more Cole. He was put in far too many third and very long situations due to just pure stubbornness.

I have not but I think Marcus and Ryan Davis will have the edge on him with their time in the system. I look for him to get on the field in some capacity this year though.

I hope I don't have unreasonably high expectations for him.

Probably not compared to me. I think he will be the best WR on the team & starting before the season is over.

That's exactly what I think. I know Davis was rated more highly but I can see Craig doing for us what Sammie Watkins did his freshman year at Clemson.

Good point. I do tend to forget about him. I'm also not as high on Kyle Davis as most.

Probably not compared to me. I think he will be the best WR on the team & starting before the season is over.

That's exactly what I think. I know Davis was rated more highly but I can see Craig doing for us what Sammie Watkins did his freshman year at Clemson.

WOW.

WOW.

Disclaimer: Mine is a lay person's opinion and likely to be inflated, unrealistic and patently wrong.

Meyers is special though, and the opportunity is there.

NCM was #1 overall at one point before his injury. If he recovers fully without issue, it wouldn't be a shock for him to be the best of the bunch.

Not in the final rankings. KD dropped some because he had a good but not great senior year.

Not in the final rankings. KD dropped some because he had a good but not great senior year.

Interesting. Thanks for the correction.

Interesting. Thanks for the correction.

All the big 3 dropped at least a bit on almost all 4 sites.

Where they finished:

Nate

Rivals- 35 (was once #1 in nation)

ESPN- 37 (was as high as 10)

Scout- 52 (was in top 15)

247- 117 (was as high as 10 5*)

Composite- 43 (was in top 15 5* at one point)

Kyle

Rivals- 130 (was once a 5* in top 30)

ESPN- 54 (was in top 35 at 1 point)

Scout- 133 (was in top 20 5*)

247- 54 (was as high as 15 5*)

Composite- 72 (was in top 25 5* at one point)

Eli

Rivals- 56 (at or near his high for that site)

ESPN- 113 (was in 60s at 1 point)

Scout- 195 (was in top 100)

247- 285 (was in the 50s at one point)

Composite- 121 (was in the 50s at one point)

We had a great year recruiting receivers last year. I am concerned our offense is not very sophisticated when it comes to passing the ball. I wish I had more confidence that CGM would have our receivers running routes that take advantage of our talent at WR and whichever QB wins the job. Thoughts?

We had a great year recruiting receivers last year. I am concerned our offense is not very sophisticated when it comes to passing the ball. I wish I had more confidence that CGM would have our receivers running routes that take advantage of our talent at WR and whichever QB wins the job. Thoughts?

In all his years of college coaching, Gus has had one bad and one ordinary season of offense. The rest have been top 5, record setters, etc. Why the lack of confidence? If our QB can pass, we'll get the ball to them. If we have to settle for a running QB whose passing game is questionable to weak then the passing stats won't look so hot, though we'll probably still score points in bunches.

Our offense is not sophisticated with passing the ball but it does not have to be. WRs were open a lot of last year. The issues were they either dropped the ball, were not thrown to because of incorrect reads or staring down other WRs, & the staff shrunk the the target areas as they lost trust in JJ & were trying to build it w/ Sean.

I am just hoping against hope that we use and play our newly recruited receivers like other schools (Clemson, Ala and many others) that seem to find ways to make their newly found talent immediate starters and impact players..not wait and "develop" them until they are Juniors and well forgotten commodities. Regardless of the QB, these players have to be given the chance to make the field in game one while no one is expecting us to have new found firepower.

CGM has to make it happen regardless JMHO

• 2 years later...
  • ellitor changed the title to Former AU WR Nate Craig-Myers Transfers to Colorado St.
On 12/19/2018 at 9:22 AM, weathergeakal said:

Lol, I think they actually found every highlight he had with us, all 5-6 of them.  So underutilized. 

Archived