Former AU WR Nate Craig-Myers Transfers to Colorado St.

CameronCrazy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The air show yesterday had to have had Nate salivating to get here and play. I think JJ will be going pro after next season so I would bet Sean White will be who's throwing the ball to Craig.

He will need a heckuva year to go pro after starting for a single season.

a heckuva year doesn't seem that farfetched after yesterday, and he has a good chance to see a decent amount of action in mop-up duty. Plus with his size, arm strength and ability to move in the pocket he probably already has a few NFL types salivating

First round QBs usually have a longer track record.

The air show yesterday had to have had Nate salivating to get here and play. I think JJ will be going pro after next season so I would bet Sean White will be who's throwing the ball to Craig.

a heckuva year doesn't seem that farfetched after yesterday, and he has a good chance to see a decent amount of action in mop-up duty. Plus with his size, arm strength and ability to move in the pocket he probably already has a few NFL types salivating

My uncle is an ex-NFL scout & he is awe struck over JJ. He can make all the throws & is the prototypical size of an NFL QB. He will probably get the chance next year to enter the draft & with the numbers he will put up next year under Gus as the starter he will be a No.1 pick.

First round QBs usually have a longer track record.

Usually, but not always. Cam only played one year, Jameis would've been a first rounder if he could come out after this year, RGIII came out of nowhere, etc.

JJ will get playing time this year, and if he has that plus another full season and really plays well, I think that'll be all NFL scouts need to see. He has all the measurables already

Cam had a track record as a starter in JC then followed that up with a great year in D1.

In reality that juco track record had 0 relevance when scouts were looking at him as a draft prospect.

Don't forget, in the NFL especially at QB, a lot of weight is placed on prototypical height, size, and arm talent. JJ has all of that. If he performs as one of the top 10, maybe even 20 QBs in the nation and doing it in the SEC I guaran-darn-tee you he will get a high draft grade after his junior season. I would recommend he don't go simply because the majority of pro QBs who only had 1 starting year in college usually flop in the NFL. With that said, I would not be surprised to see him go in that scenario.

Cam had a track record as a starter in JC then followed that up with a great year in D1.

In reality that juco track record had 0 relevance when scouts were looking at him as a draft prospect.

Don't forget, in the NFL especially at QB, a lot of weight is placed on prototypical height, size, and arm talent. JJ has all of that. If he performs as one of the top 10, maybe even 20 QBs in the nation and doing it in the SEC I guaran-darn-tee you he will get a high draft grade after his junior season. I would recommend he don't go simply because the majority of pro QBs who only had 1 starting year in college usually flop in the NFL. With that said, I would not be surprised to see him go in that scenario.

Matt Barkley's mistake might be a cautionary tale that hurts our cause in keeping him longer.

Why are we talking about this in Nate's thread though?

Somebody said something to the efeect of more elite WRs should jump on the Gus bus given how good JJ can be. Then someone said something like JJ could go pro after next year though. Then the rest is history.

Why are we talking about this in Nate's thread though?

Somebody said something to the efeect of more elite WRs should jump on the Gus bus given how good JJ can be. Then someone said something like JJ could go pro after next year though. Then the rest is history.

Sounds like the story of my life

As The World Turns!!!

Like Sand In A Bottle!!

The good news about a broken fibula, is that it's not weight bearing... less difficult to come back from than a fractured tibia. He's lucky it wasn't the dreaded tib-fib fracture... My buddy Tim Hudson knows that injury all to well.

Way back in the 1970s my track teammate broke his fibula TWICE his senior year in high school but still received a deserved full track scholly to Tennessee. He had an illustrious 4 year track career with the Vols. War Eagle Nate!

Way back in the 1970s my track teammate broke his fibula TWICE his senior year in high school but still received a deserved full track scholly to Tennessee. He had an illustrious 4 year track career with the Vols. War Eagle Nate!

Good stuff. Not necessarily worried about Craig, but you still hate to hear about a guy getting hurt, and it's good for we medically ignorant folks to hear stories like yours. I broke a few bones in high school and didn't exactly bounce right back from any of them.

Ihate to hear about any player on our recruiting list that gets injured like this. Because if they get broken bones playing against wimpy high school players, I worry about their durability playing against SEC defenses.

I suppose that's just me being the paranoid type.

Ihate to hear about any player on our recruiting list that gets injured like this. Because if they get broken bones playing against wimpy high school players, I worry about their durability playing against SEC defenses.

No offense, but did you play sports growing up? There are a million different ways a kid can break a bone. Has very little to do with the size of the athletes around him or her (and we won't speculate on whether the other players that this particular high school junior competes with and against are "wimpy").

Let's try to think next time before calling high school players "wimpy." I'm guessing you never played football in high school. All it takes is a "being in the wrong place at the wrong time kind of incident." It's not necessarily always the heaviness of a hit like you are suggesting.

This is laughable.

WOW. :dunno:

WOW. :dunno:/>

You can say that again. Rex, sometimes injuries just happen. It doesn't have anything to do with the competition.

Archived