Former AU WR Nate Craig-Myers Transfers to Colorado St.

CameronCrazy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw on 247 that Craig is planning another trip to AU. I hope he comes and commits, esp if he still plans on committing this summer. This kid is a great one.

We're not in his top 3 ATM. We have work to do here. Or should I say Sammy, Duke, and Co have work to do.

:-)

Was just relaying what Nate said in the last articles he was interviewed in before my post that you quoted. Had not heard from you in a while on Nate at that point so I had nothing else to go by.

boom!!!!!!! Good Job coach Craig!!

And Coach Laslee and Sean White.

Jeris McIntyre IYAM.

Absolutely! Jeris loves AU and loves our new staff. He is the assistant coach at Tampa Catholic, so this could easily be the start of our recruiting efforts in Tampa. He had a group at AU for the 7v7 and already has several promising underclassmen high on the tigers.

Free read on Nate's commitment. Link

Five-star receiver Nate Craig of Tampa Catholic, one of Auburn’s top 2016 targets, has committed to the Tigers.

6_2940500.jpg

Craig is the No. 2 prospect in Florida for 2016.

Craig revealed his decision on Twitter.

The 6-foot-3, 205-pounder is the No. 2 receiver and No. 17 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite.

Craig has visited Auburn multiple times, most recently last Friday-Sunday. He also attended A-Day in April.

“They told me I’m the No. 1 guy on their board,” Craig told AUC. "They said they’ve got guys that are juniors that will probably be one-and-done and leaving after that.”

The Tigers offered Craig in January.

Craig called Auburn his top school earlier this year, but later changed it to Ohio State.

On Saturday, he claimed, “I don’t have a leader”

The weekend visit, though, helped push Auburn over the top.

During a meeting with Tigers coach Gus Malzahn, “he told me they’re balancing it out more [on offense],” Craig said.

According to Craig, the Tigers have compared him to standout Auburn receiver Sammie Coates.

“I feel like we’d have the same role on the team,” Craig said.

What is it about Auburn that stands out the most?

“The relationship with the coaches,” Craig said. “They make you feel like family.”

Craig is 2016 commit No. 3 for Auburn, which previously landed tight end Landon Rice and running backJalin Buie. Like Craig, Buie is from Florida.

He spent a whole week at Bama and decided Auburn was the best fit.

The talented athlete, who spent all of last week at Alabama, said his relationship with the Auburn coaching staff is ultimately what won him over.

"I just thought Auburn was the best fit for me," Craig said. "I got to go up there this weekend and spend some time with coach [Dameyune] Craig and coach [Gus] Malzahn and that just sealed the deal for me. I was at Alabama for the whole week, but just building a relationship with the Auburn coaches and coach Craig was a big impact on my recruitment and did a great job. With coach Malzahn I got to spend some time with him and then I sat down with my mom and decided to make a decision."

;D

Wow, this is big time! With this O, get used to being in the running for the elite offensive prospects. The Gus Bus is loading up again.

assuming he sticks with Auburn, he will be the first 5 star WR out of high school since Ben Obamanu.... unless we sign one this year...

You know what assuming does right?

no.... please tell me. I'm dying to know

assuming he sticks with Auburn, he will be the first 5 star WR out of high school since Ben Obamanu.... unless we sign one this year...

Assuming - used for the purpose of argument to indicate a premise on which a statement can be based.

example - Assuming Alabama tries for the field goal, Chris Davis will run it back.

Assuming - used for the purpose of argument to indicate a premise on which a statement can be based.

example - Assuming Alabama tries for the field goal, Chris Davis will run it back.

So.... what is wrong with me assuming Craig will stick with Auburn?

Nothing, I assume he sticks with Auburn as well. Especially committing this early.

In the possible words of Big Bird....... assuming your assumption I assume it would be ok.

In the possible words of Big Bird....... assuming your assumption I assume it would be ok.

There's a lot of :moon: in that sentence. Definitesounds like something that would come from BB.

Not WDEwde, but I would guess that the word "assuming" carries with it some doubt in people's minds. I think WDE is thinking he sticks period. Also, you have to like the fact that E posted saying that a huge majority of early commits stick. Craig is a huge get! Great day.

I don't think this staff would have taken his committment now if they didn't feel real good about his mindset and character much like they did with Queen and Rice.

I saw on 247 that Craig is planning another trip to AU. I hope he comes and commits, esp if he still plans on committing this summer. This kid is a great one.

We're not in his top 3 ATM. We have work to do here. Or should I say Sammy, Duke, and Co have work to do.

:-)

Was just relaying what Nate said in the last articles he was interviewed in before my post that you quoted. Had not heard from you in a while on Nate at that point so I had nothing else to go by.

No harm no foul. I was just a little puzzled at that comment.

Not WDEwde, but I would guess that the word "assuming" carries with it some doubt in people's minds. I think WDE is thinking he sticks period. Also, you have to like the fact that E posted saying that a huge majority of early commits stick. Craig is a huge get! Great day.

I was realty just poking a little fun. Assuming, ass out of yourself and stuff.

DC does not have a track record of losing a recruit so I'm pretty sure we are good here. Kid is going to be elite in this offense. I'm pretty damn pumped about this one.

Even though i hate to compare the two, but this kid really reminds me of Julio Jones...tough, can go up and get the ball...similar build...he's gonna be really special for us

I'd be more than happy to have Julio clone himself and send his mini-me to Auburn. Dude's an amazing athlete and a great guy off the field. Only made 1 bad decision that I can think of...

Mike Farrel has compared him to Percy Harvin, but better.

Kid reminds me a bit of Percy Harvin for his ability to not only make people miss but also bounce off contact and keep his balance. He can elevate a bit better than Harvin at the same stage and is bigger but not quite as quick around the corner. But we're talking about one of the top 5 or so receivers I've seen if he continues to develop and that's a long, long time. Love this kid and this commitment, he's a franchise guy.

Mike Farrell

National Recruiting Analyst

mike@rivals.com

Kid reminds me a bit of Percy Harvin for his ability to not only make people miss but also bounce off contact and keep his balance. He can elevate a bit better than Harvin at the same stage and is bigger but not quite as quick around the corner. But we're talking about one of the top 5 or so receivers I've seen if he continues to develop and that's a long, long time. Love this kid and this commitment, he's a franchise guy.

Mike Farrell

mike@rivals.com

Wow, that's quite the comparison. It would be great if we could have Coates and Williams get drafted in consecutive years heading into Craig's NSD in 2016.

Mike Farrell

mike@rivals.com

Wow, that's quite the comparison. It would be great if we could have Coates and Williams get drafted in consecutive years heading into Craig's NSD in 2016.

Craig's commitment articles indicate that the coaches think they might both go after their junior years. I know that's been a thought on DW for awhile.

Archived