2013 4* OL Austin Golson (Ole Miss signee & transferred to AU)

TigerProwl24

We offered him a few days ago, which was huge for him since he grew up pulling for AU. He is a TOP OT from Prattville and committed to FSU last spring, but has SERIOUS interest in AU and could potentially be a part of our 2013 class. 

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the most part, because our staff has their own way of doing things and it could be, that Chizik wanted to meet him face to face first, so they would be on the same page before we offered.

A year till NSD is late?

Well they obviously waited longer than other schools did and it obviously has hurt us with this kid.   :beatmullet:

I don't think it has hurt us. We just have a different approach than some others is all and who is to say that certain kids don't respond really well to it.

If you don't plan on "processing" players, you better be dang certain they will pan out. I hope they continue to

be thurough.

A kid from Prattville coming to AU?  Not sure I believe that one, even if he grew up AU.  Will Ward, the center, I believe was the last one we got out of Prattville, and he was pretty unheralded.

Maybe we actually have a chance at a kid from Prattville now that the coach is gone? I will admit that I know nothing about the HS coaches in that area except we have not had much luck and that he just left.

Also agree with the others - you make an offer that you plan on standing by come national signing day so you better offer the kids you really want. He must be very good.

At the least it will make FSU work harder now.

No, this is war, something like an arm's race. FSU got the better of us this year but don't expect our staff to back off. I want to see all the negative recruiting by these schools backfire. I've heard how our program will fall apart under Chizik, that we are in a downward spiral and can't sustain any type of success. I look for our team, coaches and players to hear this and have a chip on their shoulder going forward. Don't think for a second that our team hasn't been taking notice of all the things swirling around the program or even the reaction of our OWN fans on signing day. In the classroom, in recruiting and on the field, I look for this next year to be stellar...

See my post from 2/4/11:

"Look for the Pville--UAT pipeline to be broken by rising junior OT Golson"

AU has a real shot and he could be very special.

Maybe we actually have a chance at a kid from Prattville now that the coach is gone? I will admit that I know nothing about the HS coaches in that area except we have not had much luck and that he just left.

Also agree with the others - you make an offer that you plan on standing by come national signing day so you better offer the kids you really want. He must be very good.

A misconception I have tried to fix on this board a number of times. Dubose was not the problem. He actually wanted players open to Auburn. It was the rest of the coaching staff pushing players away from Auburn. Whoever the new coach is will not fix the problem unless he cleans house on the staff.

A misconception I have tried to fix on this board a number of times. Dubose was not the problem. He actually wanted players open to Auburn. It was the rest of the coaching staff pushing players away from Auburn. Whoever the new coach is will not fix the problem unless he cleans house on the staff.

Uh huh, as long as Dorsey Motors is in town, that's not gonna change.

:we: y'all

• 11 months later...

Interesting that they think OT is a priority?? But maybe they just think OL in general is a priority. I'd love to see us get some interior OL prospects

I've always thought Golson was top OL in the state. So how could you not be interested in the No.1 guy? 1) Coaches may not be impressed with some OTs that were recruited last year. 2) Some of them may be homesick or don't feel they fit in. Its Probably

too late to have a chance with Golson. Most likely we sign the JUCO OT Tunstil if we can get him in school. CDC was one of Golson recruiters probably because of AL connection. Wander how active he really was in the recruiting of an OT.

Free from Bryan at AUC

4-star OT Austin Golson from Prattville (Ala.) High remains committed to Florida State following his official visit to Alabama this weekend. He's planning to visit Auburn Feb. 1

Free from Bryan at AUC

4-star OT Austin Golson from Prattville (Ala.) High remains committed to Florida State following his official visit to Alabama this weekend. He's planning to visit Auburn Feb. 1

Keeping my fingers crossed with this guy. Any other insight E?

Free from Bryan at AUC

Yes. After his visit to Bama today he said he didnt feel comfortable and he doesnt think Bama is right for him.

Free from Bryan at AUC

Yes. After his visit to Bama today he said he didnt feel comfortable and he doesnt think Bama is right for him.

Great news! Muhahaha

Please review my prior posts...they have been most accurate for over a year on this young man for good reason...things change...but someone very close to him said over a year ago that he "may not wear orange and blue he will never wear red and white"...seems the news regarding his visit this weekend confirms this.

And, contrary to what many believe, he was offered by Coach Grimes in late November or early December of 2011...this was after his commitment to FSU...he's a good kid...the dynamics of his recruitment and situation is unique (aren't they all?)...these things will ultimately play into his his final decision.

Archived