2013 4* OL Austin Golson (Ole Miss signee & transferred to AU)

TigerProwl24

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hear, hear! I second NoALtiger's motion to wish them all well!! (As long as it isn't at our expense...)

Maybe a stupid question, but what would the expense be? If it is subbing another recruit for Golson instead, then I would take Golson. He is a proven SEC starter. Dixie, little help here, it is Monday and I am not sure I understood you correctly.

Hear, hear! I second NoALtiger's motion to wish them all well!! (As long as it isn't at our expense...)

Maybe a stupid question, but what would the expense be? If it is subbing another recruit for Golson instead, then I would take Golson. He is a proven SEC starter. Dixie, little help here, it is Monday and I am not sure I understood you correctly.

I think Dixie's wishing Hugh Freeze well, but not at the cost of an Ole Miss victory over Auburn.

Quote"

I think not standing in Golson's way was the right thing to do"

What the new information tells us is that Freeze Did stand in Golson's way, exactly as Saban stood in Grant's way. In other words, there was nothing Freeze could have done to prevent Golson from leaving Ole Miss and enrolling at Auburn. Freeze could have given Golson a release which would have allowed Golson to go on scholarship at once but Freeze did not give a release.

The fact that Auburn would have made Golson do a year as a walkon anyway doesn't change the fact that Freeze did not issue the release. Ergo, Freeze doesn't loses add to his Mr. Nice Guy image.

let me (try to) FTFY

And add: one instance of not going the extra mile, doesn't necessarily undo the other times of making such a walk.

Fix your own writings. If mine need fixing I'm capable of doing it myself. Care to post a list of instances when Freeze intentionally hurt his own program in order to help some struggling kid or school?

Oh, don't get me wrong...

... there's nothing wrong with your writing or spelling for that matter. The fix was made to something else.

As for your request: You might try this link to see why some might/could consider Hugh Freeze to be a nice guy,

Werner spent the next three years there. North Delta went 27-7 and won two district championships. Werner turned away interest from college coaches who needed assistants, telling them he couldn't afford to spend the time required on the road recruiting and in the office – away from his children. Instead, he settled into life as a single father and high school coach.

"I became a much better parent," he told Yahoo!, "(by) finding out what real families are supposed to be like."

Then Hugh Freeze was hired by Ole Miss, a few miles up the road. Werner had been an assistant along with Freeze under Ed Orgeron. Freeze offered Werner the co-offensive coordinator's position with a modified job description: Reduced travel, less time in the office, kids allowed at all times. Werner consulted with Maya, 13, and Ian, 7, and then accepted the job with family restrictions.

"It's a great testimony to what kind of man he is," Ole Miss receivers coach Grant Heard said. "He knows what he has to get done at work, and he knows he has to get home to love his kids.".

Sure one instance doesn't make him a saint; no more than one less doesn't. Which is exactly what you were attempting, when painting him as another N.Saban clone, for simply speaking the truth when he diplomatically stated (link):

"Well, I didn't let him go," Freeze said at the Regions Tradition Pro-Am at Shoal Creek. "When a kid satisfies his national letter of intent, which is two full-time semesters, he can go walk on anywhere he wants to, so a lot of people don't know that."

But... please explain again... how his reply such be take as a derogatory statement or indicates some character flaw?

It doesn't. However, the sugary "Oh what a sweet boy" comments earlier in this thread are clearly not warranted either, which was my point.

point taken... point made... and agree

I think Dixie's wishing Hugh Freeze well, but not at the cost of an Ole Miss victory over Auburn.

McLoof is correct. I apologize for not being clearer JFD, I just saw your question this morning. I was just saying; I would be a little miffed myself (more like Mad as Hell, but in way that I really mean it. Not like Obama's being "Mad as Hell" about the VA or Benghazi, or the iRS or.....You get my point.) and may even express these feelings the same way the Rebears fans are doing now. So, as not to bring any bad juju on us, I wanted to wish all parties involved well, just not at our expense.

People tell me my posts are too long sometimes. Just trying to oblige them.

McLoof is correct. I apologize for not being clearer JFD, I just saw your question this morning. I was just saying; I would be a little miffed myself (more like Mad as Hell, but in way that I really mean it. Not like Obama's being "Mad as Hell" about the VA or Benghazi, or the iRS or.....You get my point.) and may even express these feelings the same way the Rebears fans are doing now. So, as not to bring any bad juju on us, I wanted to wish all parties involved well, just not at our expense.

Yeah, you should minimize your posts. Agreed.

:poke:

Dixie, np. Thanks. I hope Golson starts for us several years and blows open holes that allow us to beat Ole Miss by 4 TD's , GA by 5 TD's, and BAMA by 6 TD's. (GA could complain that Golson was beating up their poor DT's. That would make my day or year.

http://www.aufamily.com/forums/forum/3-politically-speaking/

http://www.aufamily....cally-speaking/

Sorry if this wadded thy panties. :comfort:

http://www.aufamily....cally-speaking/

Sorry if this wadded thy panties. :comfort:

Thanketh thee for thy goode manners, sir knight.

• 4 weeks later...

As a walkon does he have ability to play this year, or will have to sit out one year?

As a walkon does he have ability to play this year, or will have to sit out one year?

Coach Grimes said he will be redshirting this year, and I think he would not have been eligible to play as a walk-on. Great article by Ryan Black to clear things up http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2014/06/16/3156933/auburn-football-ole-miss-transfer.html

Archived