2013 4* OL Austin Golson (Ole Miss signee & transferred to AU)

TigerProwl24

I always thought our previous staff may have disrespected Austin by being so late to offer. As I recall Bozeman and Grant Hill were offered first. IMO Golson should be high 4 or low 5 star. On the other hand, the Bammer guys (Bozeman and Hill) should be high 3, low 4 star guys, AG is definitely the cream.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always thought our previous staff may have disrespected Austin by being so late to offer. As I recall Bozeman and Grant Hill were offered first. IMO Golson should be high 4 or low 5 star. On the other hand, the Bammer guys (Bozeman and Hill) should be high 3, low 4 star guys, AG is definitely the cream.

He is a solid 4 star. Does not have the raw talent to be a 5 star. His best attributes are his footwork and he works his butt off.

Well there is a solid chance they get Laremy Tunsil which would be the highest of 5 stars for OL.

Guest jojo1515

John Jones (@johnj17) tweeted at 10:26 PM on Sun, Jan 13, 2013:

@EagleDamnWar Golson was raised by grandparents, both AU grads. Old staff did not recruit him at all. 70-30 for AU now. Class kid

@EagleDamnWar Golson was raised by grandparents, both AU grads. Old staff did not recruit him at all. 70-30 for AU now. Class kid

Saw that but do not know who he is so I did not post it.

Guest jojo1515

Saw that but do not know who he is so I did not post it.

Yeah, me neither. Just figured if it is true that his GPs sre AU fans, it may please a few on here to read it if they dont have twitter. Obviously nothing of real meaning there. Just another spoke in the wheel...

I used to say we s should go after him on the AE board but I was told he was over rated and not that good. Now that we have a chance to get him same people are changing their tune. Same thing with Johnson, everybody on that board argued with me for saying Johnson was better than rettig or whatever his name is that signed with lsu. Same guys on here acting like gurus about recruiting.

I used to say we s should go after him on the AE board but I was told he was over rated and not that good. Now that we have a chance to get him same people are changing their tune. Same thing with Johnson, everybody on that board argued with me for saying Johnson was better than rettig or whatever his name is that signed with lsu. Same guys on here acting like gurus about recruiting.

People always liked Johnson. I think I was the lone skeptic at the time. As for Golson he has gotten a good bit better this past season.

Some liked Johnson most was saying he wasn't a priority. Then they were saying he wasn't the type of qb that our last oc was looking for. Then when he got the offer they said it was because other guys committed somewhere else. Then they were questioning the opponents talent he played against. I asked why he wasn't in the elite 11 espn thing many replied he wasn't good enough. He went on a tear and those same people would go crazy and have all types of negative things to say if he committed elsewhere. I guess that's the way the recruiting game goes though. I digress anyway this is a Golston thread. I hope we get him but of course I'm more interested in our defensive recruits right now

Some liked Johnson most was saying he wasn't a priority. Then they were saying he wasn't the type of qb that our last oc was looking for. Then when he got the offer they said it was because other guys committed somewhere else. Then they were questioning the opponents talent he played against. I asked why he wasn't in the elite 11 espn thing many replied he wasn't good enough. He went on a tear and those same people would go crazy and have all types of negative things to say if he committed elsewhere. I guess that's the way the recruiting game goes though. I digress anyway this is a Golston thread. I hope we get him but of course I'm more interested in our defensive recruits right now

He did do subpar at his elite 11 qualifying camp. It was not a matter of him not being good enough. He just did not have his best day.

Austin Golson plans to officially visit Auburn the last weekend. He said he's still committed to Florida State but likes the new Auburn staff and has a great relationship with Dameyune Craig.

Link

Austin Golson plans to officially visit Auburn the last weekend. He said he's still committed to Florida State but likes the new Auburn staff and has a great relationship with Dameyune Craig.

Link

Can you use the remove format button when pasting from other sites? Otherwise the font is black and unreadable to those of us that use a blue background. TIA

There is a Golson family from Prattville that has sent more than one person from more than one generation to Auburn. I was in class with one of them. Whether this is the same folks or how closely related I have no idea, but I do know there are AU grads named Golson in that area.

It must be different for iPad because I can't even change my profile pic.

And entirely possible that I just can't figure it out :(/>

You must be using the mobile version, I have an iPad and using the full version I can change the theme, but when in mobile version, I can't. Also, my link shows as blue in AE background, it is very visible.

Did the former staff give up on Prattville or did they just feel we had the OT spot covered for now? Just wondering why Golson wasn't recruited by that staff.

Austin does have CLOSE family who are Auburn alums--from the paternal and maternal sides--he's even named after one of them...but, neither of his parents are alums...he was recruited and offered by the previous AU staff...I suspect things are developing and the good guys now have a very real chance...we shall see...

Did the former staff give up on Prattville or did they just feel we had the OT spot covered for now? Just wondering why Golson wasn't recruited by that staff.

Felt OT was covered at the time.

Archived