2013 4* OL Austin Golson (Ole Miss signee & transferred to AU)

TigerProwl24

I automatically like recruits who grew up Auburn fans. I agree that we thought we had OL covered, and we may be stronger than we think. We played a lot of freshmen last year, and our strength and conditioning was awful. A year of quality weight room work, more aggressive blocking schemes, better conditioning, and we may find the OL is a strong point. Chad Slade tweeted that it seemed like he was in the military now and couldn't make his own decisions - sounds to me like some quality, strenuous, "optional", workouts are taking place.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I automatically like recruits who grew up Auburn fans. I agree that we thought we had OL covered, and we may be stronger than we think. We played a lot of freshmen last year, and our strength and conditioning was awful. A year of quality weight room work, more aggressive blocking schemes, better conditioning, and we may find the OL is a strong point. Chad Slade tweeted that it seemed like he was in the military now and couldn't make his own decisions - sounds to me like some quality, strenuous, "optional", workouts are taking place.

Yeah, but it seems like they're all liking the workouts, they're all tweeting about being sore and Coach Russell starting they're day off right. I'm gathering that most of the guys have accepted the challenge of the culture change and want to get that bitter taste of demoralized defeat out of their mouths from last season. Wde

Yeah, but it seems like they're all liking the workouts, they're all tweeting about being sore and Coach Russell starting they're day off right. I'm gathering that most of the guys have accepted the challenge of the culture change and want to get that bitter taste of demoralized defeat out of their mouths from last season. Wde

They had better get that quit taste out of their mouths. However, many started quitting in 2011 and only continued the quitting trend in 2012.

wde

They had better get that quit taste out of their mouths. However, many started quitting in 2011 and only continued the quitting trend in 2012.

wde

I don't think Gus or any of the other coaches have that word in their vocabulary. I'm getting pumped about next season. Wde

How do you change the background?!!!!

bottom left of the page, click change theme, click AE skin. Poof, blue background.

Thank you. it almost feels like home again. we could even post in yellow! yay!

@EagleDamnWar: OL Austin Golson cancels OV to Auburn and will now choose between FSU and Ole Miss per rivals.

That certainly sucks!

Sucks is right. I know all mods were confident he'd come around. For some reason I just never feltl good about him coming to AU. Oh well, I'm sure Denson or Tunstill or Bell will flip, so I don't guess all is lost. They might be better fits anyway.

We have a lot of young Olinemen. He may think there's earlier pt other places. Plus we waited too long to get on him. Oh well. I really wish him well. An Auburn kid growing up in Prattville is OK in my book.

Sucks is right. I know all mods were confident he'd come around. For some reason I just never feltl good about him coming to AU. Oh well, I'm sure Denson or Tunstill or Bell will flip, so I don't guess all is lost. They might be better fits anyway.

Not too sure about this.

Our line is stacked at tackle. The only position we were going after is guard, and we were only going to sign 1, maybe 2. Danzey filled that...Khaliel Rogers was the first choice.

Josh Outlaw is still available...Georgia kid. I'm sure Garner has at least had some contact with this kid. Maybe we take a flier on Harrison Louden or Nhigel Phillips? Louden is already a big Auburn Fan and would jump at an offer. Phillips is a project but he's 6' 3" 360lbs which can't be taught.

Edit: Phillips headed to JUCO for a year....

Fact is we could sign the #25 class in the country and it will still probably pan out better than the last 4 classes combined (minus Cam who was one of the greatest players in College football history...and he along with Fairley were both JUCO.)

Ok, we can disagree with Mikey without taking shots at him. But Mikey, let's quit pretending that you, I, or any so called insider here knows the true state of our class at this moment.

Agree, he could be right or wrong, but nobody knows the facts behind every recruiting situation. I would say it's best to wait till signing day to judge, but I can see why someone would have reason for concern.

We don't know the facts on Golson. but it would be a fail,if we couldn't pull an instate player & AU fan from an out of state/SEC doormat like Ole Miss (and I don't care, if Freeze is the cats meow or not). Or it could be the staff hasn't pushed hard for Golson. Who knows? Nobody, but this staff and maybe, maybe those paid to cover it.

JMO, but I think our class could come up short on signing day, but the future classes should and better be top 10 every year.

Golson is not committed to Ole Miss, but FSU.

Not too sure about this.

Our line is stacked at tackle. The only position we were going after is guard, and we were only going to sign 1, maybe 2. Danzey filled that...Khaliel Rogers was the first choice.

+1

Ok, we can disagree with Mikey without taking shots at him. But Mikey, let's quit pretending that you, I, or any so called insider here knows the true state of our class at this moment.

Agree, he could be right or wrong, but nobody knows the facts behind every recruiting situation. I would say it's best to wait till signing day to judge, but I can see why someone would have reason for concern.

We don't know the facts on Golson. but it would be a fail,if we couldn't pull an instate player & AU fan from an out of state/SEC doormat like Ole Miss (and I don't care, if Freeze is the cats meow or not). Or it could be the staff hasn't pushed hard for Golson. Who knows? Nobody, but this staff and maybe, maybe those paid to cover it.

JMO, but I think our class could come up short on signing day, but the future classes should and better be top 10 every year.

Golson is not committed to Ole Miss, but FSU.

Right, it's down to Ole Miss & FSU and AU is supposed to be out of it or so they say.

Hey......Do you think we sign Golson?

Mikey your typing is sounding like Walter the puppet of Jeff Dunham. ;)

Possibly, but I did explain that we coluld have signed up to, say 29 EE guys had we wanted to.

Archived