Who is the next commit?

bikeriderga

Next?

Darryl Williams and Jovon Robinson this month. Maybe Natrez Patrick on 16th.

does jovon have a date set?

No.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next?

Darryl Williams and Jovon Robinson this month. Maybe Natrez Patrick on 16th.

does jovon have a date set?

Some time before his season starts. It could be anytime from now to then depending on the source.

In regards to Jayson Stanley, my Uncle talked to one of his coaches, and it just depends on how our Offense looks. As in, do we run 70% vs 60%. This is the case with more than one of our WR targets and it is to be expected. I know UGA is preaching it to Stanley as I imagine all the competition is.

In regards to Jayson Stanley, my Uncle talked to one of his coaches, and it just depends on how our Offense looks. As in, do we run 70% vs 60%. This is the case with more than one of our WR targets and it is to be expected. I know UGA is preaching it to Stanley as I imagine all the competition is.

On the one hand, I see where Stanley is coming from. On the other, he may wait too long and higher receivers on our board may come in his place.

On the one hand, I see where Stanley is coming from. On the other, he may wait too long and higher receivers on our board may come in his place.

He is at the top or very close to it on our staff's board.

I believe his at the top.

What's ironic about WRs evaluating this years production is NM is a much better runner than passer compared to JJ, White and Queen, the QBs they would play with.

Kinda like I'm going to taste this apple to see if those oranges are any good.

I believe his at the top.

The top maybe of likely commits. I think there are a couple of others that would rate higher. We'll see...I'm just making the point that he (and perhaps Tyler Carr) may be waiting too long...

The top maybe of likely commits. I think there are a couple of others that would rate higher. We'll see...I'm just making the point that he (and perhaps Tyler Carr) may be waiting too long...

I hope you are not making those assesments based on service rankings. On the staff's board Jayson is definitely in the top group right now with George Campbell and Jon Burt. The staff sees Jayson as their equal if not better. I would not compare Stanley to Carr. Stanley is a tier 1 take. Carr is a tier 2 take if he is a take at all at this point.

I hope you are not making those assesments based on service rankings. On the staff's board Jayson is definitely in the top group right now with George Campbell and Jon Burt. The staff sees Jayson as their equal if not better. I would not compare Stanley to Carr. Stanley is a tier 1 take. Carr is a tier 2 take if he is a take at all at this point.

Didn't you just say in the last couple of days that Carr is still a take? And (although Scout sucks) of course I pay attention to the service ranks. They aren't end all, be alls. Coates is too good of an example of that. But he came along late on the camp scene. I do think a lot of boards put quite a number of receivers ahead of Stanley. We'll see if he moves up, or eventually pans out for that matter as a Tier 1 take and on the level of Campbell.

Didn't you just say in the last couple of days that Carr is still a take?

If I flat out said that the past few days I apologize. There has been no confirmation since we got 3 OL commits that Carr is still a take. Just 1 service implying he is but not saying one way or another. WDEWDE has been told however that Carr is likely not a take for AU now FWIW.

Bump because I feel like Chandler Cox is the next commit and I need to discuss AU recruiting with other Auburn fans

I know, I am late to the party here (I do apologize) but if we are taking 5 OL's and Carr is coming to Big Cat, why is he possibly no longer a take? Again, I am sorry if this is common knowledge that I am missing.

Grimes always is formulating new solutions.

He said the Tigers would like to sign five offensive linemen to its Class of 2015 haul. Auburn currently has three players (Marquel Harrell, Kaleb Kim and Bailey Sharp) committed.

I know, I am late to the party here (I do apologize) but if we are taking 5 OL's and Carr is coming to Big Cat, why is he possibly no longer a take? Again, I am sorry if this is common knowledge that I am missing.

He said the Tigers would like to sign five offensive linemen to its Class of 2015 haul. Auburn currently has three players (Marquel Harrell, Kaleb Kim and Bailey Sharp) committed.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've gathered is that Carr isn't necessarily as high on our staffs board as his rankings on certain sites (especially Rivals) would indicate. Given that his ability to perform at the next level isn't seen as a "sure thing," the staff wanted him to commit early in order to at least help with recruiting other guys and bringing them in. Combine him taking his time with the fact that we're already getting some big time OL commits, we could simply be running out of spots given there are very likely other guys who are higher on our board. (Have also seen some stuff about him wanting to play OT and us projecting at OG, but I doubt that's the big issue here).

Not every recruit who comes to BCW is a take. Kendrick Dos came to BCW last year and was never close to being a take. With Golson transferring in soon there will be 2 OL spots left. 1 will go to a center prospect. That leaves 1 left and I gurantee you Ivey and Richmond have priority over Carr.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've gathered is that Carr isn't necessarily as high on our staffs board as his rankings on certain sites (especially Rivals) would indicate. Given that his ability to perform at the next level isn't seen as a "sure thing," the staff wanted him to commit early in order to at least help with recruiting other guys and bringing them in. Combine him taking his time with the fact that we're already getting some big time OL commits, we could simply be running out of spots given there are very likely other guys who are higher on our board. (Have also seen some stuff about him wanting to play OT and us projecting at OG, but I doubt that's the big issue here).

Correct as I understand things.

Not every recruit who comes to BCW is a take. Kendrick Dos came to BCW last year and was never close to being a take. With Golson transferring in soon there will be 2 OL spots left. 1 will go to a center prospect. That leaves 1 left and I gurantee you Ivey and Richmond have priority over Carr.

Is Nick Wilson trending for our C prospect?

I don't think any prospect we've taken at OL is a "big time" prospect besides Kim. Sharp and Harrell are both three star prospects, though maybe one or the other will get a bump after the summer. I think we'll ultimately take six OL commits, if we can get two more big time guys on board.

I would be willing to bet (if i was a betting person) that Sharp and/or Harrell will end up a 4 star because of the new exposure their commitment will bring and cause the various sites to reconsider them even more. I agree with E, Carr may find himself on the outside looking in. Since he wanted to put off committing, it is sad that someone who wanted to be an Auburn Tiger may not be able to because someone counseled him to wait and check into other schools or that he could play another position. Auburn is at the point now to where we are becoming very select in who we choose to play on the line and that is a great thing. As we have all said "get on the bus or get left". WDE :hellyeah: :hellyeah:

I don't think any prospect we've taken at OL is a "big time" prospect besides Kim. Sharp and Harrell are both three star prospects, though maybe one or the other will get a bump after the summer. I think we'll ultimately take six OL commits, if we can get two more big time guys on board.

Sharp and Harrell have a good shot at being 4*s at some point but it will not be after the summer season. They are not camping anywhere.

Archived