Who is the next commit?

bikeriderga

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I would hope BCW will help, but I just find it odd that DT's and especially DE's are not jumping onboard.

Well with higher quality recruits, you have to wait until they're ready to commit. Which is usually way later in the cycle.

I don't think many teams have a bunch of DL commitments right now. We will be fine IYAM, kids want early PT and we showed last year we would play FR. Let things play out, the kids are watching and Dee getting drafted will help. That is one guy though. We will have more than one guy this coming year wind up getting drafted. That should inject a little life into the DL recruiting. I agree that at first glance it is disappointing, but it is just the nature of the beast these days.

Question: Why are we loosing to DL/DE recruiting battles? Even with Top NFL Draft picks and SEC Champions....

We are thin at the DE position, so I thought they would be lining up... I cannot figure it out

Coach Garner has things tight in DL recruiting.

Question: Why are we loosing to DL/DE recruiting battles? Even with Top NFL Draft picks and SEC Champions....

We are thin at the DE position, so I thought they would be lining up... I cannot figure it out

Coach Garner has things tight in DL recruiting.

Word, 2 straight great DL classes and people are sweating? Crazy. We can't sign all of them guys and some recruits that we want will go other places. Just the way it is. Of the 3 5* DTs we are after all can choose to go to ANY school in the country. On top of that one doesn't fit our defense and the state school is the favorite. The other 2 fit our defense but we trail the state school for 1 but are gaining and we trail the in-state school for the other that lives 15+ hours from AU but are we are battling for both. The fact that we are even battling for a 5* Texas player is pretty impressive IMO.

We just signed 3 big-time high school DEs (Williams, Thornton, and Kennion) and added another swing DE/DT in DaVonte Lambert. Add those guys to Lawson and Daniel (a swing DE/DT) plus Chase Robison and Gimel President (both sophomore).

I understand that we're thin at DE this season, with only Owens, Lawson and Daniel having any playing experience, but we're not thin at DE moving into 2016. We will be thin at DT that year. DE, not so much. Owens is the only DE on the roster that will move on after this season (barring transfers and/or career-ending injuries).

Question: Why are we LOOSING DL/DE recruiting battles? Even with Top NFL Draft picks and SEC Champions....

Perhaps we should TIGHTEN up our recruiting.

The DL recruiting will be fun to watch for the next several months. I think we will get our share.

I'll commit next. Just to ensure our recruiting ranking stays at the top. Thank me later, fellas!

But really, I think we needed this recruiting momentum to show other recruits whats going on in Auburn.

Very interesting! That's surprising about Stanley. I thought we led for him. I currently have no idea who our next commit may be. Hopefully, Big Cat Weekend will have a big impact on a few of these guys and get a couple of them to pull the trigger.

We just signed 3 big-time high school DEs (Williams, Thornton, and Kennion) and added another swing DE/DT in DaVonte Lambert. Add those guys to Lawson and Daniel (a swing DE/DT) plus Chase Robison and Gimel President (both sophomore).

I understand that we're thin at DE this season, with only Owens, Lawson and Daniel having any playing experience, but we're not thin at DE moving into 2016. We will be thin at DT that year. DE, not so much. Owens is the only DE on the roster that will move on after this season (barring transfers and/or career-ending injuries).

Exactly. Folks seem to overlook that we signed a full+ class of DE prospects last year. There are other positions that need shoring up more than DE.

Exactly. Folks seem to overlook that we signed a full+ class of DE prospects last year. There are other positions that need shoring up more than DE.

What position are you referring too Mikey? :-)

"What position are you referring too Mikey? "

I'll take a stab at that one but its just a guess so don't hold me to it....LBers? :dunno:

I'll take a stab at that one but its just a guess so don't hold me to it....LBers? :dunno:/>

for a long time I hated to hear Mikey complain about our LB situation but now I sort of enjoy it. Because our LB quality is lacking some.

I'm not exactly talking quality. I'm looking at body count. Rosters almost always have an ideal number at each position. After next season, we're looking at 7-8 DEs without a single signee. That tells me we want a couple of new guys. Two would give you a full house. Now, if those guys aren't good enough, you might have to oversign at a particular spot, but I don't think that's what we're dealing with at DE.

I'll take a stab at that one but its just a guess so don't hold me to it....LBers? :dunno:/>

for a long time I hated to hear Mikey complain about our LB situation but now I sort of enjoy it. Because our LB quality is lacking some.

What he says is true, and you have to admire his persistence.

I am cautiously optimistic that this is the year our LBs improve and we have a formidable defense. If this does come to pass, watch out!

Where a good situation with our linebackers. We can recruit both DBs and linebackers and see how their body develops. I expected to be a strength in years to come.

Next?

Darryl Williams and Jovon Robinson this month. Maybe Natrez Patrick on 16th.

does jovon have a date set?

Archived