2016 5* QB Shea Patterson (Ole Miss commit)

ellitor

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read Shea has a current top 3 of Ole Miss, LSU and USC.

I would like to know what the 2016 AU QB board is from 1 to 4. If Shea is 1, we have some serious work to do.

AU will be more balanced on offense next year and this will make an impact with Patterson.

It would be sweet if we get either Shea Patterson or Jawon Pass who's 6-5, 225.

Looks like ole miss and louisville for them but it's early

AU will be a major factor with Pass.

I think so too.

AU will be more balanced on offense next year and this will make an impact with Patterson.

Patterson will commit well before the season starts, and lets get real: Ole Miss' QB situation is so bleak that its going to be incredibly difficult to sell a kid like Patterson on potentially sitting on the bench here versus going to Ole Miss and competing for the starting job really early.

I actually feel that Ole Miss is a good spot for him. Better than going to a school that already has ~3 bluechip quarterbacks on roster.

I agree with metafour and WDE. I think our offense this year will open more QB's eyes but our roster doesn't look too desirable for immediate playing time.

Announcing on the 17th. Not a good sign.

Definitely not committing to us. We are not in his Top 3. Just my opinion, but I bet he sticks with his commitment. Someone, likely Ole Miss is getting a great one.

Just my opinion....but I predict we miss of Patterson and Pass....just reality. But we shouldn't on Pass.......he's in our backyard and I believe our offense would be perfect for him but...we also missed on quite a few dual threat QB's last year. And this is no disrespect to TQ. at all.

Just my opinion....but I predict we miss of Patterson and Pass....just reality. But we shouldn't on Pass.......he's in our backyard and I believe our offense would be perfect for him but...we also missed on quite a few dual threat QB's last year. And this is no disrespect to TQ. at all.

Only way we miss on Pass is if his brother seriously makes an impression on him. Auburn will be a major factor.

We will miss on Patterson and then put the full court press on Pass. I predict that he'll commit by Big Cat Weekend.

Bottom line reality.....we have already lost on Patterson. He is committing in a couple of days, not to us. We should have already moved on to our next in line, no time lost. We may have, I just don't know. Finally, I sure hope the staff has several other QB's they are feeling good about. The QB is the most important position person on our team. I would hope we are strongly recruiting multiple 4 and 5 star DT QB's. Really no excuses exist for not signing a terrific QB with our coaches and offense.

We will miss on Patterson and then put the full court press on Pass. I predict that he'll commit by Big Cat Weekend.

Bottom line reality.....we have already lost on Patterson. He is committing in a couple of days, not to us. We should have already moved on to our next in line, no time lost. We may have, I just don't know. Finally, I sure hope the staff has several other QB's they are feeling good about. The QB is the most important position person on our team. I would hope we are strongly recruiting multiple 4 and 5 star DT QB's. Really no excuses exist for not signing a terrific QB with our coaches and offense.

I don't think you ever give up on a kid you really want but you certainly dial the heat down. Lots of things can happen in the year before the next signing day, injuries, coaching changes, scandal, etc... So yeah, you move on but you never shut the door.

I think we have a reasonably comfortable lead for Ervin Barrett. I don't think he is necessarily #1 on our board, but should we miss on Pass and others, I think we could get him to sign.

Don't forget about Xavier Gaines. I think he would have committed already if we would let him. FSU has Malik Henry, so I think we have the best shot to get him if we want him.

I get wanting a QB every recruiting cycle but the truth is we have J Johnson who likely will not be a 1 and done guy. We have Sean White who many feel can win the starting job this upcoming season, and then we have Mr. Queen and Jason Smith coming in. So yeah getting one would be nice but I personally feel that it is not the end all be all of the class.

We are NOT even on his radar of schools he likes.

Who are you talking about, Patterson?

yep

We need to be all over Pass now

Archived