2015 Forward: Big 5 opponent - New rival?

PatBoCamRob

I hear Florida and Texas are aiming for a home and home.

I think we need to go with tOSU. Let's give them a real game during the season!

ETA: LINK

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All kidding aside, I never saw that one coming....

A home and home, no less!

All kidding aside, I never saw that one coming....

A home and home, no less!

Yep. We need a marquee OOC game, I think.

I think we need to go after one of the big historic names such as Michigan, Ohio State, USC, Nebraska, Texas, Penn State, etc. I don't think playing Clemson, GT, Louisville, etc., gains us anything. If we are going to play a tough OOC game make it one that is going to get a lot of national attention.

Would love to see AU play MSU or tOSU .

I think we could take down Ohio State in a home and home series. I'd also like to see FSU back on the schedule.

I think we could take down Ohio State in a home and home series. I'd also like to see FSU back on the schedule.

I'd prefer tOSU, I think; though we've had some epic games with FSU.

Really, any marquee name, elite level team will do. Home and home would be cool. That's what Joe Average fan out there wants to see IMO.

If we are talking about a long term home and home series, I think we should look for a school in a recruiting area we want to be able to access, like Virginia Tech, UNC, or even a team out west like UCLA

Stanford seems to have figured out how to beat up-tempo, wide open teams like Oregon, and they've played in BCS bowls for three straight years (I think), so playing them would be a real challenge. That would be a great schedule kudo, but I really don't see it happening.

And I'd love to play Ohio State. But I don't think Urban Meyer wants any part of Bama, Auburn or LSU.

But Penn State is an interesting possibility. I think Franklin would be up for it, scheduling several years down the road. He is recruiting really, really well and will have a very good team in a couple of years.

Archived