Kick 6 - now that we've seen it 1000 times...

kickemintheB3

Okay, I still go back and watch the kick six, but now that I've seen it 1000 times, I'm beginning to notice a lot of the little things that I hadn't noticed before:

Go back and watch and look for:

• Bama's kicker getting PANCAKED on the run back
  • There is another block where a bama player gets flattened as the runback starts
  • How close we came to roughing the kicker
  • I never noticed that Ozzy's "Crazy Train" starts right as the kick begins

What are some of the little things you guys have noticed?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed Angelo Blackson (I think) got absolutely creamed on the run back by some Bama player for no reason. The play was essentially over.

By the time Chris Davis reaches the 50, it's over ... I'll never tire of watching that brilliant play!

This. On most runbacks, be it kick off or punt return, chase of some sort is given until the runner crosses the goal line. Not the case here.

My favorite is still the one of the Marching band.

I never tire of watching it. My husband and I had just arrived back in Alabama the Saturday before the game. My sister had a watch party at her house. The jumping up and down and screaming that went on there was amazing. The only Bama fan in attendance was her husband and he had been such a good sport all day. Her floors must have been built extra strong. They held up well with the 10-12 of us who were jumping up and down on them.

Had to correct a Bama friend of mine a week or so ago. He was telling someone else that they were only a miracle play away from playing in the NC game again.

My correction was: You were only a miracle play away from having to play overtime.

By the time Chris Davis reaches the 50, it's over ... I'll never tire of watching that brilliant play!

This. On most runbacks, be it kick off or punt return, chase of some sort is given until the runner crosses the goal line. Not the case here.

My favorite is still the one of the Marching band.

My mom and I watched the one of the Marching band last night...over and over. There's a guy, right in the middle, in a tie and headphones, his reaction had me and my mom laughing so hard we had tears in our eyes!!

Every time I watch it I'm worried that Therezie is going to accidentally trip Davis on about the 20. My favorite version is the "Raw Emotion" that has basically just the stadium noise as background-talk about goosebumps (just watched it again last pm)!

What's this "Kick 6" you guys are talking about?

It will always be Kick Bama Kick in my book...

best part is that the bammers had to watch it a thousand times as well. The rampant excuses such as, "coach interfered with the player" or "Davis stepped out of bounds" or he "blocked too hard" makes me thank God I'm not a bammer.

Every time I watch it I'm worried that Therezie is going to accidentally trip Davis on about the 20. My favorite version is the "Raw Emotion" that has basically just the stadium noise as background-talk about goosebumps (just watched it again last pm)!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's afraid Therezie is going to trip him up! I think about that every time I watch the play!! Also, I'm still afraid that Louis is going to drop the pass at the end of the UGA game every time I watch it!!

Someone PLEASE post a link here so that I can watch it NOW......

In 3 years, Cal-Stanford "The band is on the field" will cease to be talked about. And they will talk about this play in the same light as the previous generation talked about that play. Not until major rule and equipment changes occur in American football will "Kick 6" be forgotten. This is what Alabama has to live with. I love it.

The thing I remember is the wall of blockers that set up perfectly along the side line and the two real heroes of the play, #24 Smith who sprung Davis and second #17 Frost who protected him on the sideline.

#8 McKenzie got the first block perfectly. #9 Whitehead is 2nd in line and #10 Owens is 3rd in line. They BOTH miss a block on the next player #84 bama who has a direct shot at Davis on the 20 yard line. But just at that very moment, #24 Smith who is 4th in line, flattens his Bama player who goes right into the path of #84 bama causing that guy to slightly alter his path. This is JUST enough to spring Davis past the outreached arms of #84 bama. Without #24 Smith's block, Davis is probably tackled at the 20 yard line.

The 2nd critical block came by way of #17 Frost at the 35 yard line who also knocked a bama player right on his butt and sealed off Davis' sideline route.

The thing I remember is the wall of blockers that set up perfectly along the side line and the two real heroes of the play, #24 Smith who sprung Davis and second #17 Frost who protected him on the sideline.

#8 McKenzie got the first block perfectly. #9 Whitehead is 2nd in line and #10 Owens is 3rd in line. They BOTH miss a block on the next player #84 bama who has a direct shot at Davis on the 20 yard line. But just at that very moment, #24 Smith who is 4th in line, flattens his Bama player who goes right into the path of #84 bama causing that guy to slightly alter his path. This is JUST enough to spring Davis past the outreached arms of #84 bama. Without #24 Smith's block, Davis is probably tackled at the 20 yard line.

The 2nd critical block came by way of #17 Frost at the 35 yard line who also knocked a bama player right on his butt and sealed off Davis' sideline route.

I'm pretty sure #24 Smith is the block that I'm thinking about that is that first really devastating block during the run back. The other one, later in the run, is on Bama's kicker, #99, (Griffin, I think) and it took his cleats off!

My favorite part was watching Whitehead wave his hand and shake it like he was on the dance floor!! I noticed it as it was happening. Just thought it was odd for him to do that, but funny as hell!!

I wish there were more reaction vids of Alabama fans.

Anyone remember this kid? (Very NSFW)

That made me giggle like a little girl. Too bad someone didn't look at him and say "You mad?" Sadly, he would have probably assaulted that person.

Tiger, I remember this and it does not show up in most of the video replays but in some of them you can see #79 for Alabama (Austin Shepherd) peel across the field about 30 or 40 yards behind the play to take out Auburn #98. Clearly a cheap shot. Not aware that he has a reputation for this sort of action but the AU player had basically cut back to half speed as it was clear that Davis was going to score.

Often, the refs make bogus calls. This was not the case on that play. There is nothing controversial whatsoever with this play. I know that the Lord is watching Auburn except the last 2 minutes of the NC game. I saw enough no calls during our last posession that were missed that caused us to lose the NC. I am sure we will be right back in the thick of things in 2014. I feel safe in saying that we will be in the football "final four." I cannot wait to see how that will work and play out. 2014 is going to be a wild ride with more fun than watching bammer lose the Iron Bowl for the next 25 years!

Archived