Kick 6 - now that we've seen it 1000 times...

kickemintheB3

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

No way Alabama wins that night in that stadium in OT. In my wildest dreams could not have imagined a better way to beat that bunch. Realized we had won when I saw my 5'-1" tall wife jump and almost hit her head on 10' ceiling. 

That’s why I resent folks saying AU won on a fluke. AU clearly had the upper hand on an OT situation. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

That’s why I resent folks saying AU won on a fluke. AU clearly had the upper hand on an OT situation. 

Honestly think they were so shocked and probably so dumb they did realize the game would have gone into OT.

Watched it with a room full of Gators who of course didnt know you can score that way and immediately stated Auburn cheats.

Whew.  It definitely never gets old watching these videos and I will always get chills/goosebumps/misty-eyed watching it all.

Few things I'd like to add to this thread...6+ years later!

1. I missed the "Miracle @ Jordan-Hare".

Oh, I was watching the game...the whole damn thing.  Except when AU was lining up for that 4th-and-forever situation I was so disgusted I jumped up, grabbed the trash bag, and took it out.  I wish I was kidding but that is exactly how it played out for me.  Came in to the house with scenes of bedlam erupting on the TV and as happy as I was, I was PISSED that I walked away and missed arguably the biggest play in AU history since Bo "over-the-top".

2. That was NOT going to happen again!

When things were looking bleak in that game I told my wife, "Do not let me leave!".  As things were playing out for that 57-yard attempt and I'm standing behind the couch I pointed at Davis and told her that if the kick was short all he had to do was catch it and head left.  I was saying this more for me to believe in miracles than as a predictor that it was actually going to happen.   I live in a northern suburb of Indianapolis on quite possibly the LONGEST cul-de-sac in the world.  I ran out the door screaming and proceeded to run down that damn street.  And we had just moved into the neighborhood in September and I really didn't know any of our neighbors yet. Nearly 7 years later I still hear about that one from time-to-time!

3. Rod's call is as special as the play itself.

It's absolutely perfect and captures everything.  EVERYTHING.  The range of emotion he goes through in those 15 seconds is the exact experience most of us had, and his elevating voice and then sheer jubilance is the icing on the cake to this immortal moment in AU history.  Seriously, I cannot imagine Kick 6 with Rod Bramblett bringing it to life for us all.  You know it meant as much to him as any AU fan and you can tell in his words and emotions.  Thanks, Rod.

4. The videos are so fun to watch, but ....

If you haven't watched the one with the AU Marching band, you are missing out: 

There are probably 200 faces in that shot.  Pick one.  Any one.  And watch them. Watch how they run a full range of emotions.  Watch how, in the midst of one of the greatest play in CFB history, they still manage to contain it just enough to play the fight song.  It's just awesome to watch and again, it captures the pure emotion that all of us felt that night.  

Random question: What happened to the football?

Did Davis get to keep it or is it on display at Jordan-Hare? (I cannot recall seeing it there, unless I'm just totally spacing it on this one)

4 hours ago, Indy said:

Whew.  It definitely never gets old watching these videos and I will always get chills/goosebumps/misty-eyed watching it all.

Few things I'd like to add to this thread...6+ years later!

1. I missed the "Miracle @ Jordan-Hare".

Oh, I was watching the game...the whole damn thing.  Except when AU was lining up for that 4th-and-forever situation I was so disgusted I jumped up, grabbed the trash bag, and took it out.  I wish I was kidding but that is exactly how it played out for me.  Came in to the house with scenes of bedlam erupting on the TV and as happy as I was, I was PISSED that I walked away and missed arguably the biggest play in AU history since Bo "over-the-top".

2. That was NOT going to happen again!

When things were looking bleak in that game I told my wife, "Do not let me leave!".  As things were playing out for that 57-yard attempt and I'm standing behind the couch I pointed at Davis and told her that if the kick was short all he had to do was catch it and head left.  I was saying this more for me to believe in miracles than as a predictor that it was actually going to happen.   I live in a northern suburb of Indianapolis on quite possibly the LONGEST cul-de-sac in the world.  I ran out the door screaming and proceeded to run down that damn street.  And we had just moved into the neighborhood in September and I really didn't know any of our neighbors yet. Nearly 7 years later I still hear about that one from time-to-time!

3. Rod's call is as special as the play itself.

It's absolutely perfect and captures everything.  EVERYTHING.  The range of emotion he goes through in those 15 seconds is the exact experience most of us had, and his elevating voice and then sheer jubilance is the icing on the cake to this immortal moment in AU history.  Seriously, I cannot imagine Pick 6 with Rod Bramblett bringing it to life for us all.  You know it meant as much to him as any AU fan and you can tell in his words and emotions.  Thanks, Rod.

There are probably 200 faces in that shot.  Pick one.  Any one.  And watch them. Watch how they run a full range of emotions.  Watch how, in the midst of one of the greatest play in CFB history, they still manage to contain it just enough to play the fight song.  It's just awesome to watch and again, it captures the pure emotion that all of us felt that night.  

Random question: What happened to the football?

Did Davis get to keep it or is it on display at Jordan-Hare? (I cannot recall seeing it there, unless I'm just totally spacing it on this one)

I think it is on display in auburn trophy case.  I do believe that the ball belonged to Alabama and an Auburn equipment manager retrieved the ball.  Auburn offered the ball back to bama but they declined to accept it.

6 hours ago, Indy said:

I love this video. I love Auburn so much. 

Archived