Antoine Mason - transfer (update committed to Auburn)

UPDATED 6/11/14 -- Antoine Mason commits to AU!

It's Official I Will Be Wearing Orange and Blue #14 at Auburn University #WarEagle #blessed #chiponmyshoulder

It was a close decision I would like to thank every school who had interest in me

I would like to give a special shout out to Niagara that's still my second home Imma miss everyone who made my 4 years there #purpleeagles

Im nothing but a phone call / flight away ... if I started my college career today I wouldnt change anything thanks for the memories #NU

Bp27o0rCcAAkIzo.jpg

@Antoine_Mason

Niagara transfer Antoine Mason will visit Auburn on June 6-7 + Providence on June 8-9, source told @CBSSports. BC will be the final visit."

@JonRothstein

HUGE NEWS!! This guy was the nation's leading scorer last year. He's a 6'3 guard that averaged 26ppg. He'll have one year of eligibility left and can play immediately.

1554754.jpg

Antoine Mason, SG

Queens, NY

6'3 / 210

• Averaged 25.6 PPG last year for Niagara; nation's top returning scorer
  • He also averaged 3.6 rebounds and 1.5 assists per game last season for Niagara
  • Son of former NBA standout Anthony Mason
  • Mason earned his undergraduate degree last month, but has one year of eligibility remaining and can play immediately at Auburn due to the NCAA's graduate transfer rule

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is he a 1 or a 2? Seems like he'd be a really good get. He could put up some good numbers in Pearl's up tempo offense and getting lots of touches.

"@JonRothstein: Niagara transfer Antoine Mason will visit Auburn on June 6-7 + Providence on June 8-9, source told @CBSSports. BC will be the final visit."

HUGE NEWS!! This guy was the nation's leading scorer last year. He's a 6'3 guard that averaged 26ppg. He'll have one year of eligibility left and can play immediately.

2nd behind Doug McDermott

Is he a 1 or a 2?

1 or 2 as in Point Guard or Shooting Guard? He's a Shooting Guard

Is he a 1 or a 2?

1 or 2 as in Point Guard or Shooting Guard? He's a Shooting Guard

Thanks. Man if we are able to get Mason the back court will have 2 very good scoring options.

He would be an enormous catch for us. You have to love all the interest that Coach Pearl generates. Imagine when he gets to actually recruit!!

TSD, Harrell, Mason, Bowers, and Atewe as our starting 5 wouldn't be too shabby. If he comes, our only glaring weakness would be at the C spot. Hope he comes.

TSD, Harrell, Mason, Bowers, and Atewe as our starting 5 wouldn't be too shabby. If he comes, our only glaring weakness would be at the C spot. Hope he comes.

We will have some depth at Center with Delp and Griciunas and they can give us some different looks Delp has shot blocking skills and enough size to rebound and Griciunas can stretch other teams defense as he can shoot outside pulling other teams Center away from the paint allowing Bowers to post up and also rebound without having to worry about center double teaming him.

We will have some depth at Center with Delp and Griciunas and they can give us some different looks Delp has shot blocking skills and enough size to rebound and Griciunas can stretch other teams defense as he can shoot outside pulling other teams Center away from the paint allowing Bowers to post up and also rebound without having to worry about center double teaming him.

1 of them could be an attrition casualty if we bring in all our signees plus commits and Mason.

Who will get processed in order to make room for another transfer?

`That's the Million $ question. We could be looking up to 3 processings when all is said and done.

Who will get processed in order to make room for another transfer?

`That's the Million $ question. We could be looking up to 3 processings when all is said and done.

would not surprise me....either you do what it takes and/or prove that you have what it takes or there is not room for you....welcome to the top of D1 basketball, like it or love it, your choice.

I like the idea of being competitive. Hopefully, once Coach Pearl is able to get his recruits here, the Basketball program will run smoothly with good kids/players coming in and having a great time and having success at AU and vefry little processing will have to take place.

Saw Delph last year, and he looked really thin and needed some major weight put on. Don't think he is SEC ready for a year or so more. Griciunas is more of a PF than a C and lacks the quickeness. We have 2 or 3 guys that can play C, so we have a little depth; however, I don't see any of them, maybe Atewe, as a quality SEC C right now.

Probably Canada. Seems to be a lot of interest in bringing in a guard from the coaches.

This is what I was thinking, but he won't be the only one.

if mason were to also jump on board, how many players would have to leave from the current team? 2 or 3?

2 I believe.

Every scholarship transfer brought in equals one less player that can be on the floor next season. This can get to be too much of a good thing in a hurry!

if mason were to also jump on board, how many players would have to leave from the current team? 2 or 3?

If everybody qualifies then either 2 and Thompson goes back to walk on status or 3.

Mason had a very good visit to AU. He has a couple more visits left and expects to decide soon after that.

Every scholarship transfer brought in equals one less player that can be on the floor next season. This can get to be too much of a good thing in a hurry!

mason would actually be able to play right away next year..canty is the only transfer who will have to sit out.

Mason had a very good visit to AU. He has a couple more visits left and expects to decide soon after that.

are his visits over the next couple of weekends or will he take them during the week? Just wondering what kind of time table were looking at for his decision.

Archived