Antoine Mason - transfer (update committed to Auburn)

Mason had a very good visit to AU. He has a couple more visits left and expects to decide soon after that.

are his visits over the next couple of weekends or will he take them during the week? Just wondering what kind of time table were looking at for his decision.

He MAY be on his last one right now.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every scholarship transfer brought in equals one less player that can be on the floor next season. This can get to be too much of a good thing in a hurry!

mason would actually be able to play right away next year..canty is the only transfer who will have to sit out.

What is Mason's situation that will allow him to play this coming season?

Every scholarship transfer brought in equals one less player that can be on the floor next season. This can get to be too much of a good thing in a hurry!

mason would actually be able to play right away next year..canty is the only transfer who will have to sit out.

Already academically graduated I believe. It's been confirmed through nearly every outlet that Mason can play immediately.

Already academically graduated I believe. It's been confirmed through nearly every outlet that Mason can play immediately.

I thought the SEC banned the "one and done" transfers? Did that apply to football only?

I thought the SEC banned the "one and done" transfers? Did that apply to football only?

I believe so. There have been a few basketball transfers into the SEC the past couple of years who had 1 year of playing eligibility but graduated academically.

Sidenote the SEC changed the 1 year rule back for football last week. If a transfer has graduated and has one year of playing eligibility he can now transfer into the SEC.

I believe so. There have been a few basketball transfers into the SEC the past couple of years who had 1 year of playing eligibility but graduated academically.

Sidenote the SEC changed the 1 year rule back for football last week. If a transfer has graduated and has one year of playing eligibility he can now transfer into the SEC.

Whew - that was close. Play on Coker! =)

yeah i know right!! quick question, if the rule was just now changed, why were we ever recruiting russell wilson?

I believe Coker has 2 years of eligibility left.

The nation's leading returning scorer Antoine Mason will transfer to AU!!!

@BMattAU · 9m

Niagara transfer Antoine Mason, the nation's top returner scorer, is transferring to Auburn http://bit.ly/1l0S9Pm

@Antoine_Mason · 2m

It was a close decision I would like to thank every school who had interest in me

Can the thread title be changed to reflect Mason transferring to Auburn? TIA Mods.

Quite an addition.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/42/Contents/Auburn-basketball-lands-Antoine-Mason-29081270

The team will not have the same look next season...any thoughts on who will be starting with all the transfers, etc?

Quite an addition.

http://auburn.247spo...-Mason-29081270

The team will not have the same look next season...any thoughts on who will be starting with all the transfers, etc?

Have to wait to see who gets cut. If all the new guys come in 3 current players will be cut or 2 and Thompson go back to walk on status. FWIW there are only a few players safe from being cut.

LOVE THE PEARL MAN! We're actually going to field a basketball team next year!! Un-freaking-real. We haven't done that since I was in school.

If there are any students on this thread, go to the games. Live basketball with a decent/good/exciting team is one of the best sporting experiences. I used to sit on the baseline opposite where most students sat because we could trash talk with the opposing team during warm-ups. What other sport lets you talk to the players from like 6 feet away? It's GREAT!

AUBURN BASKETBALL!

Quite an addition.

Have to wait to see who gets cut. If all the new guys come in 3 current players will be cut or 2 and Thompson go back to walk on status. FWIW there are only a few players safe from being cut.

I'm not thinking cut so much as I am..."who will be the starters". Pearl plays a lot of guys because of his up-tempo style so there is room for 8 or nine to see serious playing time I think. For example...Harrell is the top returning scorer and TCD was looking very good at point...so now we have Mason in addition to a couple other newbys. .....so what's the plan?

Quite an addition.

I'm not thinking cut so much as I am..."who will be the starters". Pearl plays a lot of guys because of his up-tempo style so there is room for 8 or nine to see serious playing time I think. For example...Harrell is the top returning scorer and TCD was looking very good at point...so now we have Mason in addition to a couple other newbys. .....so what's the plan?

Hard to project a starting five as of now, but one would guess the guys that would see significant playing time would include:

Shamsid-Deen

Mason

Harrell

Bowers

Atewe

Then you may have some freshman (or newcomers) like Purchase, Longwood, Ross-Miller, or Lang step up and see some playing time. Also, I do not put a lot of guys out of the picture who have been here a while that haven't developed. A guy like Granger could grow into be a player if Pearl can develop him. We did not see that with Barbee. Very exciting for AU basketball

Quite an addition.

Like I said we don't know who will make it through the tryouts going on right now so I am only confident in 3 positions.KT at Guard, Mason at Small Forward, and Bowers at Power Forward. Point could go either way with TSD and KC Ross Miller but my guess iis it will be KC as I don't think he transferred for his last year of college ball to not start. As for Atewe at Center he is 1 of about 6 or 7 guys fighting right now to stay on the roster so I can't peg him at Center til all cuts have been made and he's still on the team. Right now my best guess you're lookimg at

PG-Ross Miller (Could be TSD)

SG-KT

SF-Mason

PF-Bowers

C-?

This is just awesome news! It is crazy what Coach Pearl has a real team assembled...what should be a real competitive team. I have not been this excited about AU Basketball since Chris Porter was our star player.

Archived