Antoine Mason - transfer (update committed to Auburn)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah but we can't recruit with Under Armour... Remember?

:)

Under Armor has some good AAU players and we'' get the best of them. I'm looking at you Danjel Purifoy.

Great news. Unbelieveable how times/attitudes have changed so fast in BB

Also first time I have pinned a thread in BB.

:thumbsup:

For a guy that hasn't even coached ONE game yet at AU, Bruce has made a huge impact. You hire a rock star coach you expect rock star results. Well done Bruce (and JJ for that matter)!!

I'm all for it. NOW, all of those who have been busting Saban's chops for processing players, we are going to process a minimum of three right here. As soon as the football team gets their numbers up to where they need to be we'll be doing it there too.

I don't have a problem with processing those who can't/won't contribute but the holier than thou crew is going to have a tough time swallowing this.

Always depends on the situation for me. If you tell a guy he's not going to play and he decides to transfer, I'm okay with that. I don't fault Saban or any other coach for that. If you bully a guy into claiming a "career-ending injury" to clear space and "allow" him to stay on scholarship, I have a problem with that. You're forcing the guy to lie, and you're doing it "for his own good", which is BS. If a guy busts his butt, works to make the team better, and still doesn't play, he should have the choice to stay. If the same guy wants to see the floor, help him transfer. That's how it should work, and that's how it works most places.

I also think it's very, very different for a new coach to come in and lay down some law on the underachieving players he was handed than it is for the guy that recruited you to cut you, like it's a professional sport. I don't think we'll see that from Malzahn. Again, it's one thing to suggest a transfer; it's another to cut someone or force a guy to lie to keep his scholarship.

Yeah but we can't recruit with Under Armour... Remember?

:)/>

Under Armor has some good AAU players and we'' get the best of them. I'm looking at you Danjel Purifoy.

this kid has been kicked off his high school team due to lack of effort to participate. Not sure where he will be playing this year for his Senior year. Sounds like he needs to straighten up a little bit. Talking about Purifoy. We missed out on William Lee at DCHS. He committed or signed with UAB before Pearl was hired.

The #1 scorer in BB to AU, WOW! CBP and his staff is starting off with a bang!

I'm all for it. NOW, all of those who have been busting Saban's chops for processing players, we are going to process a minimum of three right here. As soon as the football team gets their numbers up to where they need to be we'll be doing it there too.

I don't have a problem with processing those who can't/won't contribute but the holier than thou crew is going to have a tough time swallowing this.

The difference is Pearl is "processing" kids he didn't recruit. Saban tells a kid to come live his dream at uat and a year later is out having to sit another year before he can play somewhere else when Saban finds a new flavor of the month.

The difference is Pearl is "processing" kids he didn't recruit. Saban tells a kid to come live his dream at uat and a year later is out having to sit another year before he can play somewhere else when Saban finds a new flavor of the month.

agreed, while saban has 85 scholrships, Pearl has 13 or just over 3 a year, not 20 something. While i agree with Mikey on much, this corelation of processing players I can not agree with

When you sign an athletic scholarship it is for ONE year. Read that 3 times. You are receiving payment in the form of an athletic scholarship to perform on the basketball court. If you don't perform than find somewhere else. Period. That's how winning programs do it in every sport and that's because it is necessary.

Personally I would have cute 2/3 to 3/4s of this roster. These guys can't play. Greciunas or (however you spell his name) couldn't play. He needed to go. Canada should be next and Dion Wade needs to go to. I suspect something tricky going on with the injury to Wade to free up another spot. And Thompson should NOT be put back on scholarship.

I would feel this roster with JUCOs and tell them to go to work. That's how Jerry Tark did it. And he is in the Hall of fame. This board is full of intelligent basketball enthusiast and auburn fans. I think we need to start being intelligent about the situation. This isn't fairy tale land in the world of big time athletics. You don't cut it you move on. You put the best players possible on the floor. End of story. Anything else is absolutely stupid.

I like how this guy^^^^^^^^^^^thinks.

Ha, I may not have worded it exactly like he did, but I concur. Pearl gets it and that's why he's changing things around here.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jojo1515

When you sign an athletic scholarship it is for ONE year. Read that 3 times. You are receiving payment in the form of an athletic scholarship to perform on the basketball court. If you don't perform than find somewhere else. Period. That's how winning programs do it in every sport and that's because it is necessary.

Personally I would have cute 2/3 to 3/4s of this roster. These guys can't play. Greciunas or (however you spell his name) couldn't play. He needed to go. Canada should be next and Dion Wade needs to go to. I suspect something tricky going on with the injury to Wade to free up another spot. And Thompson should NOT be put back on scholarship.

I would feel this roster with JUCOs and tell them to go to work. That's how Jerry Tark did it. And he is in the Hall of fame. This board is full of intelligent basketball enthusiast and auburn fans. I think we need to start being intelligent about the situation. This isn't fairy tale land in the world of big time athletics. You don't cut it you move on. You put the best players possible on the floor. End of story. Anything else is absolutely stupid.

All I got from this is that you think 2/3 to 3/4 of the roster is cute and you would like to feel (up?) the roster...

All I got from this is that you think 2/3 to 3/4 of the roster is cute and you would like to feel (up?) the roster...

Oh ok. Well, you probably got that from what I wrote because you're gay. But don't fret my friend. We have people in the program now who think opposite of you, so we're headed to the top now!

WAR EAGLE!

Oh ok. Well, you probably got that from what I wrote because you're gay. But don't fret my friend. We have people in the program now who think opposite of you, so we're headed to the top now!

WAR EAGLE!

Kind of defensive, aren't we? I'm just saying...

WAR EAGLE!

Kind of defensive, aren't we? I'm just saying...

Umm no.. When one user out of everyone who reads something interprets gayness then I look at him as probably gay... So no, I don't see any defensiveness, just pure logic. Just like what I originally posted about the realities of big time college hoops.

Archived