Don't freak out, it's just for fun

JwgreDeux

I just want a new uni/helmet

I'm tired of bland

Gimme all orange helmet with some blue in

Our uniforms are far from bland. They are classic, the best looking uniforms in CFB, and among the best looking in all of sports.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm all for an alternate uni but I have to say, I don't care for any of the options I've ever seen. Most are just the same patterns with the colors switched. These two helmets are not attractive. Even the blue one, and I would love to see a navy helmet..I just don't like the scheme on this one.

I would love to see a War Eagle themed uniform as a tribute to our battle cry. Whether its an Eagle on the helmet, or a throwback to the various seasons where the legend is thought to have originated.

I would love to see a War Eagle themed uniform as a tribute to our battle cry. Whether its an Eagle on the helmet, or a throwback to the various seasons where the legend is thought to have originated.

It would be neat to tie that into a Military Appreciation day. Maybe for, example, the aTm game.

I'm tired of bland

I know it's your opinion and all, but it's a bad one.

We have one of the best looking uniforms in the country.

Took a crack at a War Eagle helmet: AuburnWarEagleHelmetConcept_zpsf8cfa98e.jpg

^^Dang, I was going to make that joke.

I would be for alternate uniforms, but with all the programs that are using this gimmick, it's nice to have a few teams that keep the same uniform through the years. At least UAT, like us, keeps their unis traditional.

So you just want to copy what Bamr does? :poke:

Somebody has a lot of free time on their hands this summer...MUST HAVE ORANGE FACE MASK!!! :P :P

:P

"Traditional" uniforms are for geezers that still like slow old man football.

Let's have camo military appreciation uniforms.

Only slightly sarcastic.

I'm tired of bland

Our uniforms are far from bland. They are classic, the best looking uniforms in CFB, and among the best looking in all of sports.

Alright, that's just not true

They are a tradition, they are not the best in CFB, nor the best in all of sports

I prefer Boise State, and Oregon when they go with the more refined smokey gray jerseys

I'm tired of bland

That's the way I see it. I believe a poll among all AU people would strongly agree that our uniforms are among, if not, the best.

We have the best uniforms in all sports. Distinct. Simple. Refined. It's the other programs (moo state, etc) that can go spaz out with graphics and tweaks. When the fad passes we will stand out as the ones who didn't succumb to the idiocy.

Here's my view on it, and I'm going to use Tennessee as an example simply because I lived in Knoxville for 18 years.

Tennessee, like Auburn, has what most people would call traditional uniforms. They have always had a lot of alternate uniforms though, most which alternate white/orange on top/bottom, giving them 4 uni combinations off of that. In the past, they also experimented with a black top, which IMO looked pretty bad...

This year, however, they stuck to their Orange/White homes and White/White aways (as far as I know), except for 1 game where they showed off new "Smokey Grey" uniforms, and they looked FANTASTIC. It was a great way to put a modern twist on a classic uniform (doing it well, mind you) and bringing it out for one big game. If AU can do that, I'm all for it. If not, don't try.

I'm tired of bland

Alright, that's just not true

They are a tradition, they are not the best in CFB, nor the best in all of sports

I prefer Boise State, and Oregon when they go with the more refined smokey gray jerseys

:puke:

:poke:

Let the schools like Vandy, Miss State and Kentucky have the alternate unis. I always thought there was something weird about having more uni combos than conference championships, not to mention winning seasons.

mgm6FbZfUu-oIBU9zliNbvg.jpg

Archived