Opinions wanted. How do 38% of Americans still support Obama?

AUisAll

The list of scandals and screw ups are too many to mention from Fast and Furious, IRS, Benghazi, releasing 5 enemy combatants for what appears to be no better than a deserter, etc etc etc etc...... Is the 38% just uninformed or is it ignorance or is it both?

They remember the Bush years ... and probably like an improving economy and the ending of wars ... just my couple of pennies. :big:

I ask that question all the time. Scary isn't it? Add up most of the blacks, Hispanics, women, and hard core liberal Dems and you pretty much have the numbers and the reasons.

RIR.....only Dems looking for someone else to blame fall back on the Bush years. Facts,.. the current economy has taken longer to recover from recession than any in history and the real unemployment rate is still about 13%.

They remember the Bush years ... and probably like an improving economy and the ending of wars ... just my couple of pennies. :big:

????? Sarcasm tag?

I ask that question all the time. Scary isn't it? Add up most of the blacks, Hispanics, women, and hard core liberal Dems and you pretty much have the numbers and the reasons.

RIR.....only Dems looking for someone else to blame fall back on the Bush years. Facts,.. the current economy has taken longer to recover from recession than any in history and the real unemployment rate is still about 13%.

Regardless, the theme remains the same: War and Recession vs. Peace and Prosperity ...

Where is all the prosperity? Real unemployment is high, average income is lower, spending is out of control and scandals abound.

Where is all the prosperity? Real unemployment is high, average income is lower, spending is out of control and scandals abound.

Well, here's signs of progress which any one without partisan blinders can clearly see ...

Ironically, many things that Obama and the Dems hammered Bush about Obama has done more of the same. But many of the people that "remember the Bush years" ignore Obama's identical transgressions. Jmho.

The smart supporters probably look at the Republicans, shake their head and weigh the alternative.

I don't know if they are, in fact , "smart" but...I see what you're sayin' ;)

Well, here's signs of progress which any one without partisan blinders can clearly see ...

Thanks for the response. No doubt the stock market has been on a run. Has that helped the middle and lower class? Employment at a record high? I have to LOL at that. The way unemployment numbers are kept has been changed to make the numbers look better. The deficit is shrinking because of sequestration as well as the winding down of the wars. And I understand the happiness about the wars ending and like everyone hope for the best but the reality is what happens when we have the next 911?

Actually, I think that if some of us got just how hated Bush43 was by the end of his second term, we would understand.

Personally dont see the animus toward either one. Bush43 was pretty good first term but just fell apart in the second term. Obama was off the charts popular a while back, not so much now however. Both did some good and some flagrantly stoopid. They are both ultimately more incompetent than competent.

To me, it's the big stuff vs. the small stuff ... I point to War and the Economy b/c I view those items as "big things" and on those fronts, I feel the good far out weighs the bad. You can tell me about Benghazi, etc. but UBL is dead, we're out of Iraq and winding down Afghanistan. Not too mention, a host of other terrorist are dead thanks to Obama's drone campaign. Now, if you want to get more worked up over other issues, that's your prerogative.

Regardless, the theme remains the same: War and Recession vs. Peace and Prosperity ...

Peace shifted and prosperity selected. Yeah, that's a winner every day! Enjoy.......

To me, it's the big stuff vs. the small stuff ... I point to War and the Economy b/c I view those items as "big things" and on those fronts, I feel the good far out weighs the bad. You can tell me about Benghazi, etc. but UBL is dead, we're out of Iraq and winding down Afghanistan. Not too mention, a host of other terrorist are dead thanks to Obama's drone campaign. Now, if you want to get more worked up over other issues, that's your prerogative.

We were already scheduled to get out of Iraq before the idiot took office, and since he became the anointed one we have three times the number of soldiers killed in Afghanistan than happened under the previous president. This president is one of the worst to ever hold the office, and before he's gone he may end up being THE worst to ever hold office.

575 US troops died in Afghanistan during the Bush presidency. By August 18, 2010, following two troop surges initiated by President Obama, that number had doubled. Today, over 1500 US troops have died in Afghanistan since President Obama took office—and yet, little in that war-torn country has changed.

Among other things...... http://stpeteforpeace.org/factsheets/obama.html

Thanks for the response. No doubt the stock market has been on a run. Has that helped the middle and lower class? Employment at a record high? I have to LOL at that. The way unemployment numbers are kept has been changed to make the numbers look better. The deficit is shrinking because of sequestration as well as the winding down of the wars. And I understand the happiness about the wars ending and like everyone hope for the best but the reality is what happens when we have the next 911?

Well, most of the middle class has a 401K or home ... overall the broad asset classes have recovered so a lot of wealth has been rebuilt across the board, which is a good thing.

As for the "next 9/11" ... it reminds me of those who used to say, well, GWB kept us safe for 8 years. Obama is going on 6. But more to the point, as I mentioned above, he has proven we can "play offense" and defeat terrorist networks with out occupying Iraq or Afghanistan.

We were already scheduled to get out of Iraq before the idiot took office,

Funny what short memories we have ... most conservatives berated Obama for pulling troops out of Iraq "too soon" ...

and since he became the anointed one we have three times the number of soldiers killed in Afghanistan than happened under the previous president. This president is one of the worst to ever hold the office, and before he's gone he may end up being THE worst to ever hold office.

575 US troops died in Afghanistan during the Bush presidency. By August 18, 2010, following two troop surges initiated by President Obama, that number had doubled. Today, over 1500 US troops have died in Afghanistan since President Obama took office—and yet, little in that war-torn country has changed.

Among other things...... http://stpeteforpeac...eets/obama.html

Yeah, because Bush redirected our resources to Iraq ... in totality, here's the picture. You have a right to your own opinion but not your own facts ...

us-troop-bush-vs-obama.jpg

Pretending things are better on the terror sector is just plain wrong. All they have done is spread their seeds into Africa more and at the same time killed a US Ambassador (first time in decades) while keeping their hands dirty in Syria and other well known strongholds. We also had the Boston Bombers from old Russia after being warned by...the Russians.

Then you have the VA and a myriad of other problems that conclude the man is a total loss. Hillary would have been much better and that's hard for me to say because she's one more upset moment away from a stroke.

We were already scheduled to get out of Iraq before the idiot took office,

Funny what short memories we have ... most conservatives berated Obama for pulling troops out of Iraq "too soon" ...

and since he became the anointed one we have three times the number of soldiers killed in Afghanistan than happened under the previous president. This president is one of the worst to ever hold the office, and before he's gone he may end up being THE worst to ever hold office.

Among other things...... http://stpeteforpeac...eets/obama.html

Yeah, because Bush redirected our resources to Iraq ... in totality, here's the picture. You have a right to your own opinion but not your own facts ...

us-troop-bush-vs-obama.jpg

I don't think Iraq was worth it and have said so. But to sit here and act as if Obama has done something great is just plain foolish.

Pretending things are better on the terror sector is just plain wrong. All they have done is spread their seeds into Africa more and at the same time killed a US Ambassador (first time in decades) while keeping their hands dirty in Syria and other well known strongholds. We also had the Boston Bombers from old Russia after being warned by...the Russians.

It's kinda hard to spread your seeds when you're dead ...

Most of Al Qaeda's big names have been either captured or killed

Ten of the 14 terrorists in the original rogues gallery of the FBI’s most wanted terrorists are off the battlefield.

Eight have been killed, including former leader Osama Bin Laden, and two are locked up: 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, and 1998 African embassy bombing conspirator Ahmed Ghailani.

The group’s core leadership is “significantly degraded,” the director of National Counterterrorism, Matthew Olsen, said at a conference last week in Aspen, Colo. “The group is really struggling to survive, to recruit, train and operate.”

http://useconomy.about.com/od/suppl1/f/real_unemployment_rate.htm

It's hard to get much lower that the mid 30s in approval ratings. The loyal to end members of any party make up that lower 3rd. The famous yellow dog democrats are an example.

That said 6 out of the last 12 presidents made it into the 20s.

At the low end Nixon was at 24% just as he resigned. Truman was at 22% in early 1952 due to the Korean War and firing MacArthur.

It's kinda hard to spread your seeds when you're dead ...

Most of Al Qaeda's big names have been either captured or killed

Ten of the 14 terrorists in the original rogues gallery of the FBI’s most wanted terrorists are off the battlefield.

Eight have been killed, including former leader Osama Bin Laden, and two are locked up: 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, and 1998 African embassy bombing conspirator Ahmed Ghailani.

The group’s core leadership is “significantly degraded,” the director of National Counterterrorism, Matthew Olsen, said at a conference last week in Aspen, Colo. “The group is really struggling to survive, to recruit, train and operate.”

Tell that to the hundreds of "affiliates" across the globe...and the girls being held captive by one of their ideologs. They are so weak we bargained the release of a lone deserter for five "Taliban" and millions. Yeah, that's a weak group. I know more about the military side of this argument and I can tell you with 100% certainty the president is NOT a favorite of theirs. Your side talked about "Mission Accomplished" with silly GWB but my brothers and sisters see the current situation as "Organized Retreat" and most of them cannot stand the CIC.

Archived