6.11.14 updated roster

WDE_OxPx_2010

Can anyone give the most up to date roster including transfers and signees and pin it like in the football forum? I'm having a hard time keeping up with the changes since Pearl showed up but I'm really excited about basketball!

2014-2015 Auburn Basketball Projected Depth Chart

BOLD - Returning Player for the 2014-2015 season

NO BOLD - New Player for the 2014-2015 season

ITALICS - Player has "Walk-on" status for 2014-2015 season

TR - Player will sit out 2014-2015 season due to transfer rule

RS - Player will redshirt for 2014-2015 season

Point Guard

-- KC Ross-Miller | 6-1 | 175 | Senior | Grand Prairie, TX

13 Tahj Shamsid-Deen | 5-10 | 165 | Sophomore | Decatur, GA

22 CJ Holmes | 6-1 | 191 | Junior | Washington, DC

TR/RS--Kareem Canty | 6-1 | 185 | Sophomore | Brooklyn, NY

Shooting Guard

14 Antoine Mason | 6-3 | 210 | Senior | Queens, NY

21 Malcolm Canada | 6-3 | 225 | Senior | Austin, TX

4 Devin Waddell |6-6 | 209 | Junior | Summerfield, NC

11 Dion Wade | 6-5 | 225 | Sophomore | Henderson, NC

Shooting Forward

1 KT Harrell | 6-4 | 215 | Senior | Montgomery, AL

-- TJ Lang | 6-7 | 195 | Freshman | Mobile, AL --OR--

-- Sam Longwood | 6-6 | 190 | Freshman | La Porte, IN

-- Jack Purchase | 6’9 | 200 | Freshman | Melbourne, NA

Power Forward

-- Cinmeon Bowers | 6-7 | 261 | Junior | Milwaukee, WI

25 Jordan Granger | 6-8 | 185 | Junior | St. Louis, MO

20 Alex Thompson | 6-8 | 204 | Sophomore | Dothan, AL

Center

41 Matthew Atewe | 6-9 | 250 | Sophomore | Fitchburg, MA

33 Ronald Delph | 7-0 | 235 | R-Freshman | Winter Haven, FL --OR--

31 Benas Griciunas | 7-0 | 225 | Sophomore | Henderson, NV

Kwren34 - I think we have to cut two scholarships to stay at 13 scholarships. I believe Waddell and Holmes are still on the roster but walk-on.

What the ....!! I clicked this thread in the Forum List because I saw something saying updated rosters... :dunno:

I am unable to start a thread for the potential depth chart under the basketball forum. I saw someone start this thread so i figured i'd spend lunch making a mock depth chart for people to see what the basketball team is working with this year.

Had no idea that we had two 7-footers.

Different skill sets Delph is a shot Blocker a liitle thicker then Griciunas and should be a rebounder does not have much of an offensive game unless he developed it last year while sitting out at Auburn. Griciunas not a big shot blocker has a decent outside shot. Neither one has a lot of post skills prior to coming to Auburn.

With current roster we will have 16 playes only 13 can be on Scholly so before season must find a way to transfer some players or have them change status to walk -on.

Harrell, Ross-Miller, and Walker will all be gone after next year so next year we will only have room for 3 new players. With 13 schoaraships over 4 years then 3 new players every year is about what you would like with a 4th player every now and then. That way you will always have an even balance of players across the classes, that is assuming you are not signing the 1 and done instant impact type players.

Different skill sets Delph is a shot Blocker a liitle thicker then Griciunas and should be a rebounder does not have much of an offensive game unless he developed it last year while sitting out at Auburn. Griciunas not a big shot blocker has a decent outside shot. Neither one has a lot of post skills prior to coming to Auburn.

With current roster we will have 16 playes only 13 can be on Scholly so before season must find a way to transfer some players or have them change status to walk -on.

Harrell, Ross-Miller, and Walker will all be gone after next year so next year we will only have room for 3 new players. With 13 schoaraships over 4 years then 3 new players every year is about what you would like with a 4th player every now and then. That way you will always have an even balance of players across the classes, that is assuming you are not signing the 1 and done instant impact type players.

Canty has to sit out for 2014-15 season due to transfer rule so we are down to 15 scholarships on the roster so I hate to say but we have to cut two scholarships. Thompson and Canada are more likely to be cut. We can't afford to lose a big man like Griciunas and Delph.

WarEagleAU - Thanks, I updated the post.

Canty has to sit out for 2014-15 season due to transfer rule so we are down to 15 scholarships on the roster so I hate to say but we have to cut two scholarships. Thompson and Canada are more likely to be cut. We can't afford to lose a big man like Griciunas and Delph.

Mason will also be gone after this year. If CBP decides to redshirt anyone, does that count against scholarship players?

Mason will also be gone after this year. If CBP decides to redshirt anyone, does that count against scholarship players?

Yes, it will count against scholarship players. Ronald Delph was redshirted last season but still count. If Purchase was put on redshirt but it will count at 13. Not sure if Canty would count or not.

I thought, but could definitely be wrong, the players sitting out a year (Canty) and redshirts (likely Longwood and Purchase) still counted against the scholarship count. If so, three players would unfortunately have to move on or be transferred to walk-on status. If I am correct, I would guess Thompson would return to walk-on status, Canada would be processed (due to the influx of guards and being a senior who is presumably low on the depth chart), and one of Delph, Grinucias (sp?), Wade, and Granger would be processed.

We can't say who, but that list will have to be trimmed down to 13 scholarship players. Yes, redshirts count!

I figured they counted. I just wasn't 100% and wanted to get the information out for all to see. 13 Scholarship players, being as we don't know who it will be, i'll leave the depth chart the way it is and update it as soon as the information becomes available. It's good to see the basketball program start the season with the competition of who is good enough to stay at AU.

I figured they counted. I just wasn't 100% and wanted to get the information out for all to see. 13 Scholarship players, being as we don't know who it will be, i'll leave the depth chart the way it is and update it as soon as the information becomes available. It's good to see the basketball program start the season with the competition of who is good enough to stay at AU.

Great thread! You do the basketball and I do the football. BTW, Delph is RS freshman.

"Processed Out"

Term typically used here to refer to Bammer footballers who don't pan out.

So, we're OK with pushing some kid out the door who has committed to us into his senior year, like Canada, and then tell them sorry, go finish school somewhere else? I realize that we need to upgrade players, but if this is the process at AU, it makes me feel kind of slimy or even Bammerish.

What am I missing?

People have different opinions on this but my personal opinion is that turnover usually occurs when a new coaching staff comes in. Some players don't fit, some players don't want to adjust, and some might have planned on leaving anyway. While I hope this doesn't become common under Pearl, it's my point of view that Pearl didn't recruit these guys so he owes them nothing and It is his job to build a winning team. If some players the previous coach brought in have to go then that is the way it is.

"Processed Out"

Term typically used here to refer to Bammer footballers who don't pan out.

So, we're OK with pushing some kid out the door who has committed to us into his senior year, like Canada, and then tell them sorry, go finish school somewhere else? I realize that we need to upgrade players, but if this is the process at AU, it makes me feel kind of slimy or even Bammerish.

What am I missing?

You're not missing anything, but processing players out is a normal part of big-time college athletics. If it makes you feel slimy, it may bother others among us a bit too, but that's the nature of the system. The better and deeper your roster is, the more players get shown the door. Again, it's not some rec league, "every kid bats and gets a trophy" setup.

I agree with Mikey on this one. Our society has an attitude that we deserve something, unexpected things happening to us is part of growing up. When we begin to think that we are owed something then that only serves to foster discontent and bitterness. Coach is coach and he has the right (since it is his job that is on the line) to decide who plays and who don't. If we were in a world that had unlimited scholarships then, yes let's allow people who won't contribute to the success of the team stay. This may seem cold or like we are processing them, but that is life let them learn not to expect something for nothing. :dunno: :dunno:

The perhaps unfortunate reality is that coaches like Pearl are hired for $15 million and expected to produce immediately. Tough business, which argues for more rules protecting players.

The perhaps unfortunate reality is that coaches like Pearl are hired for $15 million and expected to produce immediately. Tough business, which argues for more rules protecting players.

What rules would you suggest? The players jump ship at any whim and then who protects the school? As you said, "tough business". When players sign with a major college they know, or should know, that their lollypop days are over.

Generally, I don't agree with kids getting "processed"; however, since this is Pearl's first year, I will give him the green light on anything especially since he did not recruit any of these players. Also, we may not know what is really happening behind the scenes. Perhaps a couple players have already told Pearl they are planning on transferring so he recruited a couple more guys to fill their spots.

Processing is part of the reality of big time college sports. It is how you do it that matters. If you go to a kid and tell them that with the other people that are currently on the squad I doubt if you will get on the court. Then you help the kid find a program where he will have a chance to play. You have helped your team and you have helped the kid go someplace where they can play the sport they love.

Then some coaches make the players life a living hell and force them out or give them a medical redshirt when not really hurt.

So, this kid who we recruited to come to our school and essentially committed to pay for school, is tossed on his ear through no fault of his own. Assuming he has worked as hard as possible and just has not lived up to the hype. He has done everything the university asked over the last few years and was provided the worst coach in AU history and is now dumped to the street. Had he committed to a lower level school or another school with a worthy coach he likely would not have suffered this fate. But we are OK with turning our backs on a kid who stuck it out on someone who stuck it out through he worst coaching cycle in school history. If he has done something other than live up to the hype, I get it. But we are turning our backs on this kid with one year of school left.

Bruce Pearl did not recruit the kids currently on the roster. It is not his fault that he inherited one of the worst rosters in Auburn history in terms of talent. If we expect him to turn this program, then he has to have the spots and talent necessary to win. If the players currently on the roster do not fit what Coach Pearl is trying to do, then they need to go. Period. No questions asked. This is big-time college basketball.

Archived