2016 Recruiting Board (Updated: 2/17/16)

WarEagleAU

Why so few guys from the state of Alabama...is the available talent really that poor?

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we interested in Riley Cole, 3* LB from Oneonta? He was asked to gray shirt by Saban just five days before signing day so he decommitted. I bet he would love to give Saban some payback..

Are we interested in Riley Cole, 3* LB from Oneonta? He was asked to gray shirt by Saban just five days before signing day so he decommitted. I bet he would love to give Saban some payback..

No.

Safety Daniel Thomas on OV to AU

Daniel Thomas left Auburn's campus Sunday without an offer, but things could change very quickly for the safety at Robert E. Lee in Montgomery.

The 6-foot, 190-pounder took his official visit to the Plains this weekend and indicated the Tigers are still weighing their options with other prospects before they extend him a scholarship offer.

"Just got to wait and see," Thomas said. "It's a number game, somebody's waiting around, but I'm good regardless... There ain't no doubt that I can play, it's a numbers game. They got here late and the had already offered out too many scholarships and it wasn't their fault so I'm just going to be patient. Wherever God takes me I'll be happy with that."

Auburn continues to push for four-star prospects Nigel Warrior and Stephen Davis Jr. at safety down the stretch. Thomas is ranked as a three-star prospect and the No. 98 safety in the 247Sports Composite.

Auburn is recruiting him to play safety and Nickel. He also hopes to get an opportunity to return kicks if he ends up on the Plains. He is also considering Clemson, Maryland, Minnesota and North Carolina. He took his official visit to Minnesota Thursday.

"It was nice," Thomas said of his Auburn visit. "What I expected. The people, the support, the coaches, all of them are family. It feels like home."

A late offer from Auburn would be "pretty nice" for Thomas, who grew up rooting for Alabama.

"I used to cry when we lost to Auburn," he said. "I hated losing to Auburn. I really didn't grow up an Auburn fan, like I was telling Coach Malzahn, but once you get older it really doesn't matter anymore. Just who wants you the most."

Thomas said the best part of his visit was his trip to Gus Malzahn's home, where he went head-to-head with the head coach in basketball and ping-pong. Who came out victorious?

"He did," Thomas said. "He's very competitive. It was nice."

Thomas expects to hear back from Auburn later tonight, possibly with a decision on an offer. Either way, he said he'll have his decision made before National Signing Day.

"(I'm looking for) somewhere with a great atmosphere that's comfortable and somewhere I can be for the next four years of my life," he said. "I don't have any front-runners. Y'all will see on signing day."

Safety Daniel Thomas on OV to AU

Daniel Thomas left Auburn's campus Sunday without an offer, but things could change very quickly for the safety at Robert E. Lee in Montgomery.

The 6-foot, 190-pounder took his official visit to the Plains this weekend and indicated the Tigers are still weighing their options with other prospects before they extend him a scholarship offer.

"Just got to wait and see," Thomas said. "It's a number game, somebody's waiting around, but I'm good regardless... There ain't no doubt that I can play, it's a numbers game. They got here late and the had already offered out too many scholarships and it wasn't their fault so I'm just going to be patient. Wherever God takes me I'll be happy with that."

Auburn continues to push for four-star prospects Nigel Warrior and Stephen Davis Jr. at safety down the stretch. Thomas is ranked as a three-star prospect and the No. 98 safety in the 247Sports Composite.

Auburn is recruiting him to play safety and Nickel. He also hopes to get an opportunity to return kicks if he ends up on the Plains. He is also considering Clemson, Maryland, Minnesota and North Carolina. He took his official visit to Minnesota Thursday.

"It was nice," Thomas said of his Auburn visit. "What I expected. The people, the support, the coaches, all of them are family. It feels like home."

A late offer from Auburn would be "pretty nice" for Thomas, who grew up rooting for Alabama.

"I used to cry when we lost to Auburn," he said. "I hated losing to Auburn. I really didn't grow up an Auburn fan, like I was telling Coach Malzahn, but once you get older it really doesn't matter anymore. Just who wants you the most."

Thomas said the best part of his visit was his trip to Gus Malzahn's home, where he went head-to-head with the head coach in basketball and ping-pong. Who came out victorious?

"He did," Thomas said. "He's very competitive. It was nice."

Thomas expects to hear back from Auburn later tonight, possibly with a decision on an offer. Either way, he said he'll have his decision made before National Signing Day.

"(I'm looking for) somewhere with a great atmosphere that's comfortable and somewhere I can be for the next four years of my life," he said. "I don't have any front-runners. Y'all will see on signing day."

I was under the impression he was a diehard Auburn fan. I'm not going to feel bad if he doesn't get an offer. lol

For those wondering Prince Sammons did not do interviews after leaving his AU OV.

I really hope we land him. What are the odds of having 2 Prince on the team?

For those wondering Prince Sammons did not do interviews after leaving his AU OV.

Michigan State.

Michigan State.

AU

I see on ESPN we have signed 18-how many will we sign and who is left if SDavis is out?? What happens with the left over spots in near future?

I see on ESPN we have signed 18-how many will we sign and who is left if SDavis is out?? What happens with the left over spots in near future?

There are 22 ICs signed for 2016. There is nobody left. The remaining 3 IC spots will go to in some combination of SDj, Undergrad transfers, or a few 2017 EEs.

Thanks very much for keeping this thread. I've been so busy I've had no time to follow it at all. This is the one thread I check in on to get a summary. I love the lay out. Great work and I for one really appreciate it.

Archived