2016 Recruiting Board (Updated: 2/17/16)

WarEagleAU

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is Shug Frazier from Buford GA at with his recruitment. He is a huge kid that had lots of hype with the big dogs but I have not heard a peep.

Where is Shug Frazier from Buford GA at with his recruitment. He is a huge kid that had lots of hype with the big dogs but I have not heard a peep.

Hard to tell. There has been virtually nothing on him on any site the past couple of months. He's a 3* AU has not offered.

Hoping that Holyfield and Miller are next in line to give their commitments to Auburn.

Those 2 would be good gets 4ever.

Rivals position rankings updated:

Woody Barrett from 16 to 18 (-2)

Elijah Stove from 4 to 5 (-1)

Landon Rice from 16 to 19 (-3)

Quinnen Williams from NR to 39 (debut)

Tre Threat from 10 to 13 (-3)

John Broussard from 13 to 15 (-2)

Stephen Davis from 8 to 10 (-2)

Rivals :ucrazy:

Rivals :ucrazy:/>

Yea find it funny that the only commit who doesn't drop is a possible decommittment soon

I'm sure Nate decommitted just so he wont turn into a three star. :-\

Yea find it funny that the only commit who doesn't drop is a possible decommittment soon

Relax. Other than Broussard it just simply means they have not looked at or gotten new film to reevaluate our guys.

Relax. Other than Broussard it just simply means they have not looked at or gotten new film to reevaluate our guys.

I am relaxed, idk why u would think I'm not. All I said was that I find it funny that all of our commits dropped except for the guy that many people are feeling is going to flip to UA. Just bc someone disagrees with something doesn't mean they're all up in arms about it E

I am relaxed, idk why u would think I'm not. All I said was that I find it funny that all of our commits dropped except for the guy that many people are feeling is going to flip to UA. Just bc someone disagrees with something doesn't mean they're all up in arms about it E

My reply was not an attack Mav. Just an observation. Posting about it in 2 threads shows that a person is likely slightly annoyed at the least in the rankings. If I missed I apologize. Also there is nothing wrong at all if you are annoyed or preturbed w/ the new rankings.

My reply was not an attack Mav. Just an observation. Posting about it in 2 threads shows that a person is likely slightly annoyed at the least in the rankings. If I missed I apologize. Also there is nothing wrong at all if you are annoyed or preturbed w/ the new rankings.

Ah, I figured u possibly made that's assumption. I posted it to the woody thread after seeing it on Twitter, after posting it I clicked on the recruiting board thread and saw WEAU had posted what I saw there. I thought it was more fitting to post my thoughts there rather than to derail the woody thread

Ah, I figured u possibly made that's assumption. I posted it to the woody thread after seeing it on Twitter, after posting it I clicked on the recruiting board thread and saw WEAU had posted what I saw there. I thought it was more fitting to post my thoughts there rather than to derail the woody thread

Cool & my bad.

On the positive side, they have Tony Clayton as the top WDE, Marlon Davidson as the top SDE, Elijah Holyfield as the #5 RB, Ant Jackson as the #6 DT, Tre Lamar as the #3 ILB, Mbem-Bosse as the #7 ILB, and Mecole Hardman as the #3 ATH. All guys that are high on AU and that we legitimately have shots at landing. All depend son how you look at it!

Cool & my bad.

Nothing to worry about, If I had seen it here first I would've only posted it here, but I didn't see it until after posting in the woody thread. I figured for discussion purposes the post would be better served here than causing the woody thread to go off track lol. If u want to remove that post from the woody thread feel free.

Even with them being downgraded a couple of places they are still well thought of. Next time after a few camps and new film some could move up. There is always some movement this time of the year and as another pointed out some that are high on us look pretty good in these rankings. Also as time goes on some kids from small schools will hit the camps and surprise people it is fluid. I am more interested in how these kids will look during games this fall.

Hey I may have missed something as I have not check per this thread in awhile, but do the prospects not have the player info with it anymore such as highlights etc... I seem to remember it was one stop shopping here in the previous format.

Please note, not a complaint, just wondering if if am seeing it correctly or missing something?

I mean, even if Rivals doesn't have the same film or opportunity to go watch these guys as 247 or ESPN, then they are not doing their job. It's not like we're a mid-major that got a 2* long snapper, these guys are very well known and highly regarded by everyone... except them. I don't believe the whole commit-to-gump-get-a-bump and commit-to-auburn-that's-a-paddlin' craziness that others on this board do, but as I see it, there are three options here: 1) the rivals evaluators are evaluating our commits differently than every other recruiting service, meaning they are not doing their job well, 2) the rivals evaluators do not have updated film or have not recently gone out to watch these guys perform, meaning they are not doing their job at all, or 3) the rivals evaluators are purposely dropping players who commit to Auburn in the rankings, meaning they are biased and they are not doing their job ethically or well.

I mean, even if Rivals doesn't have the same film or opportunity to go watch these guys as 247 or ESPN, then they are not doing their job. It's not like we're a mid-major that got a 2* long snapper, these guys are very well known and highly regarded by everyone... except them. I don't believe the whole commit-to-gump-get-a-bump and commit-to-auburn-that's-a-paddlin' craziness that others on this board do, but as I see it, there are three options here: 1) the rivals evaluators are evaluating our commits differently than every other recruiting service, meaning they are not doing their job well, 2) the rivals evaluators do not have updated film or have not recently gone out to watch these guys perform, meaning they are not doing their job at all, or 3) the rivals evaluators are purposely dropping players who commit to Auburn in the rankings, meaning they are biased and they are not doing their job ethically or well.

You forgot option 4. There is no way humanly possibly they can reevaluate every player for every rankings update so they will get to players when they can just like all the recruiting services. They are doing their jobs. They are adding hundreds of players each update that they evaluated for the first time plus some they are reevaluating. They can't reevaluate everyone in each cycle. They couldn't even come close to doing that even if they never slept. There is nothing stating nor implying Rivals is not getting the same film or watch opportunities as the other 3 sites. All sites have 1, ,2, or 3 spot position bumps for AU kids each cycle because of evalling or reevalling other kids. The only kids in the Spring or Summer that are guaranteed & opportunity to be evalled to possibly move up or down on their own work are the kids who go to the regional or nation camps. For everyone else it's a crapshoot based on when the services get film and have time to watch it.

It's only June and we've already had 3 decommitments. I was never high on Q. Williams or Marshall, but the fact that we only lead for one highly rated DT (A. Jackson) is scary. Especially given the fact that Garner has been recruiting these Georgia kids for years and we can promise immediate playing time as a freshman. We have a long ways to go until signing day, but we also have a long ways to go before we catch up to UGA for any of these top DT's.

I'm more optimistic about WR's even with the decomittment of Nate Craig-Myers. I trust Craig more than Garner at this point to eventually pull in his guys at the end. I also think that we will still land Nate Craig-Myers when it's all said and done. I'm not sure who we'll end up with at DT...

I also add that we're more than likely going to lose Stephen Davis, Jr. in the coming months which will put us back at 5 commits. It seems like every time in the past couple of months that we gain a commitment, we lose one.

Hey I may have missed something as I have not check per this thread in awhile, but do the prospects not have the player info with it anymore such as highlights etc... I seem to remember it was one stop shopping here in the previous format.

Please note, not a complaint, just wondering if if am seeing it correctly or missing something?

Isn't the info you seek all on page one of this thread? Or are you looking for something else?

A professional job and well appreciated!

Archived