What Will Happen Next Year

Dyebama

Yea i am enjoying the best Auburn football team that i have ever watched and whishing we were playing in the orange bowl so we can once and for all show the Nation The Best Team in the Country and the Best Conference....But lets put on our orange and blue filtered glasses for a moment...and look a head....I see us ranked #1 Will be have the Team again like this year...Can Cox lead us to another 12-0 season...stay Tuned.....Same Cat Time Same Cat Channel or will the Joker show up and ruin what little respect that auburn has finally earned this year...I guess we will just have to wait and see what the 2005 tigers have to offer...

Mean Time Beat VT and show the country that there needs to be another split NC..

Thanks to the 2004 Tigers for a magical Ride "I Believe" Cause Auburn is on the Polar Express

Coming to your living room next year.....Get Ready Tiger Fans...Your In the Jungle Baby...

War Damn Eagle!!!!!!!!!!

AVOID THE RUSH HATE BAMA EARLY for 2005

AUBURN TIGERS THE 2004 :sec: Champions 12-0....then after the sugar...13-0 Baby

No, I see us a preseason top 10-15 at best. We lose almost 75% or more of our O. Cox will be a new QB in the SEC. D will be very good. O will fall off for a while.

The Season is weird too. We have the first 4 games at home, and then a three game road trip. Very Scary!

Well, this year's team is a special one, the likes of which I don't think we'll see again for quite some time. If this year were like any other, we'd be playing for a national title. It just so happens that there are 2 other teams as good as us this year. Oh well. I mean, if you put this year's AU team into last year's season, we win the NC, no questions asked. This year has just been a really strange one. Anyway, next year we'll compete for the West, but I don't look for us to make it back to ATL. I say LSU goes, continuing their streak of making it every other year, and we finish tied with Bama for 2nd.

Actually our first 5 games are at home, then the next 4 of 5 are on the road.

Something to think about: nobody's won back-to-back West Division titles in 10 years... <_<

next year we will do well, but not even close to this season. next season we have to play AT Arkansas, AT LSU, and AT UGA. Not an easy task. It is good that we don't have to play UF or UT though. We are losing a lot of our fire power. Our offense will be very different. Cox should be pretty good, but he hasn't played enough for us to judge yet. We are also losing Rogers and Rosegreen, and those guys will be hard to replace.

No, I see us a preseason top 10-15 at best. We lose almost 75% or more of our O. Cox will be a new QB in the SEC. D will be very good. O will fall off for a while.

The Season is weird too. We have the first 4 games at home, and then a three game road trip. Very Scary!

129332[/snapback]

I agree. Anyone who says AU won't have an offensive dropoff.....well.....will sound just LSU fans last year. The good thing for AU is the defense is again going to be dominant, so if the offense can put up at least 17-24 points a game, AU will win at least 8, if not more next year.

AU loses Williams, Brown and Campbell.  No way AU starts the '05 preseason #1.  If they do, we know what happened in '03 when AU started preseason #1.

Anyhow, check this out...AU preseason #8, LSU #2

http://www.nationalchamps.net/2005/earlybird/index.htm

129352[/snapback]

LSU #2???? I don't buy that.

This is a special team.....One than comes around only once or twice...This is why I am so disapointed that we will not get a shot at the NC. I am 40 and wonder if I will ever see a NC at Auburn! I have been waiting a long time to see this chance go down the drain!

1. Southern California

2. Louisiana State

3. Michigan

4. Miami FL

5. Texas

6. Oklahoma

7. Georgia

8. Auburn

9. Tennessee

10. Florida

thats their early bird pre-season top 10.. a lot of SEC teams on there..

i think we'll start between 12-15

AU loses Williams, Brown and Campbell.  No way AU starts the '05 preseason #1.  If they do, we know what happened in '03 when AU started preseason #1.

Anyhow, check this out...AU preseason #8, LSU #2

http://www.nationalchamps.net/2005/earlybird/index.htm

129352[/snapback]

i love how alabama and notre dame are on the "could be in the top 25 before august" list. when will they figure it out?

09/03/05 North Texas, Baton Rouge, La.

09/10/05 Arizona State, Baton Rouge, La.

09/24/05 Tennessee, Baton Rouge, La.

10/01/05 Mississippi State, Starkville, Miss.

10/08/05 Vanderbilt, Nashville, Tenn.

10/15/05 Florida, Baton Rouge, La.

10/22/05 Auburn, Baton Rouge, La.

11/05/05 TBD Baton Rouge, La.

11/12/05 Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Ala.

11/19/05 Ole Miss, Oxford, Miss.

11/26/05 Arkansas Baton Rouge, La.

1 - schedule sets up good for LSU; 2 - lose 4 defensive starters; 3 - lose 2 offensive starters.

I can believe LSU @ #2 more than I can buy Auburn @ #8.

09/03/05 North Texas, Baton Rouge, La.

09/10/05 Arizona State, Baton Rouge, La.

09/24/05 Tennessee, Baton Rouge, La.

10/01/05 Mississippi State, Starkville, Miss.

10/08/05 Vanderbilt, Nashville, Tenn.

10/15/05 Florida, Baton Rouge, La.

10/22/05 Auburn, Baton Rouge, La.

11/05/05 TBD Baton Rouge, La.

11/12/05 Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Ala.

11/19/05 Ole Miss, Oxford, Miss.

11/26/05 Arkansas Baton Rouge, La.

1 - schedule sets up good for LSU; 2 - lose 4 defensive starters; 3 - lose 2 offensive starters.

I can believe LSU @ #2 more than I can buy Auburn @ #8.

129364[/snapback]

I'm not sayin that I buy Auburn #8 either. I just don't think that LSU deserves #2. I think #4 or 5 at best.

LSU #2 is a good pick if the QB play is improved.

From an objective point of view. Auburn will go 7-4 or 9-2 (Best Case!)

Sept. 3 Georgia Tech - L - GT Defense will be way ahead of Auburn O & new QB!

Sept. 10 Mississippi State - W - But game is close.

Sept. 17 Ball State - W - Off. gets some life/confidence.

Sept. 24 Southern Mississippi - W - A very dangerous game as USM will be ready!

Oct. 1 South Carolina - W - CSS gets his due in his first return to Auburn.

Oct. 15 @Arkansas - L - If they get QB play, my sleeper for the SEC West.

Oct. 22 @LSU - L - Its their turn! QB play will determine game, again.

Oct. 29 Ole Miss - W - New coach won't have talent to win either.

Nov. 5 @Kentucky - W - May be closer than you would think.

Nov. 12 @Georgia -L - Richt will have QB situation in shape before we get there.

Nov. 19 Alabama - W - The streak lives as we beat them again!

From my heart Auburn goes 13-0 and wins the MNC! - I will go with my heart again in 2005 just like when I predicted a perfect 2004!

I think we saw what effect preseason polls can have. Peoples' opinions are very subjective based on the previous year. I wouldn't put too much stock into these polls.

Say what you want, the reason we aren't playing for a title this year is because we started out 18th in the polls. We were screwed by the preseason polls. Because of that, if we be VT and finish undefeated the polls should feel an obligation to start us in the top 2 next season. I don't care if we lose all our starters, we have earned a spot in that top 2 next season and they should give it to us in order to help prevent another problem. If we lose, we lose the spot but if we go undefeated again, we play for a title. Just my opinion.

Before the season started, many of us tried to warn the LSU fans how difficult it would be to replace their QB. Despite their talent and depth, replacing one of the top QB's in the conference was too much to ask to repeat as a NC contender. Auburn will suffer through the same growing pains of breaking in a new QB and we have to replace to All-American caliber runningbacks too.

If we're lucky, we might match the tremendous job Saban did at LSU this season but I see a 8-3 season in 2005.

WDE

Brandon Cox = 8, 9 wins at best in the regular season. He has shown this year why Tuberville had to go back on his word, "Brandon will play in every game - winning, losing, or tied." Brandon is horrible - he throws INT's to horrible teams and is the cause for half of the scores that have scored on our defense. The kid can't scramble and will be sacked many times. I see a QB controversy with Cox causing us ball games with his inability to scramble and turnovers and failed 3rd down conversions. Jason escaped many sacks this year, Cox just doesn't have that ability - and that is what wins ball games.

I was really hoping we could go out and find a real good national QB, but that didn't happen.

The reason Jason Campbell is the best QB in the nation and I've said it for 2 years now:

1) He can throw very accurately

2) He can scramble - but does it only when he needs to

3) He can run - but only when he needs to or is designed to (which is rare and catches defenses off guard)

4) He's so smart - checking off at the line and reading defenses.

Most QB's these days rely either on the pass or the run. Manning for example can only pass, so he gets sacked often, which causes missed 3rd down conversions and 3rd and long situations. Other QB's, like Randall, rely on their scrambling to "threat" the defenses. But once the defense breaks that, they don't have the passing to convert on certain situations. Jason can pass, run when he has to and scrambles when forced to. I don't know many, if any, QB's that can do that.

I see our 2005 season being very similar to LSU's 2004 season...we should be pretty good again defensively, but Campbell is going to be extremely difficult to replace. He was a man amongst men...the end of his career this year reminded me very much of the way Reggie Slack finished up. Like Slack, Campbell caught more than his fair share of crap during his time on the Plains, but he went out head held high and an absolute winner.

The combination of talent and leadership that we lose on both sides of the ball is significant...combine that with some tough road games (and a few not-so-easy home games) and anything better than 9-2 next year would be outstanding.

Archived