What Will Happen Next Year

Dyebama

Say what you want, the reason we aren't playing for a title this year is because we started out 18th in the polls.  We were screwed by the preseason polls.  Because of that, if we be VT and finish undefeated the polls should feel an obligation to start us in the top 2 next season.  I don't care if we lose all our starters, we have earned a spot in that top 2 next season and they should give it to us in order to help prevent another problem.  If we lose, we lose the spot but if we go undefeated again, we play for a title.  Just my opinion.

129449[/snapback]

I like your logic, but lets face the truth. Auburn is not one of the loved teams outside it faithful fans, we are not ND, Miami, FSU, Ohio State, USC, UM, OU, or CAL. To just show the lack of respect Auburn gets just because we go 12-0 in the SEC none of the media say "Hey! maybe :au: is that good. No the only thing they can say is well the SEC is down. I say guess what the bigXII is down when a 4-4 team is a division champ, no big surprise the pac 10 sucks as always. I think the guy on Gameday Final (man that sits in the middle I cant remeber his name) "Its a joke to keep Auburn out of the national title game they just beat a :ut: team that would have beat Colorado by 24 easy." I am a person of sound mind and level judgement but how in the world does, Auburn go 12-0 in the SEC and gets a slap in the face for it; I wish nothing bad on the players of either USC or OU but I hope this is the worst game anyone has ever seen. It only serves the two cry baby's they have at HC right. (stoops for his whinning this year, and pete for last year) I say give us a shot at both them we will take them both down, hell why we are at it bring in utah, bosie state we will take care of them too at 16-0 do you think we would be worthy of the National Championship then????

I like your logic, but lets face the truth. Auburn is not one of the loved teams outside it faithful fans, we are not ND, Miami, FSU, Ohio State, USC, UM, OU, or CAL.

129461[/snapback]

You forgot :ua::puke:

I like your logic, but lets face the truth. Auburn is not one of the loved teams outside it faithful fans, we are not ND, Miami, FSU, Ohio State, USC, UM, OU, or CAL.

129461[/snapback]

You forgot :ua::puke:

129462[/snapback]

After the years and years of paying players and other acts of cheating one would think they have lost some of the media "respect"..... but they still love ND and Miami so who knows.

Brandon Cox = 8, 9 wins at best in the regular season. He has shown this year why Tuberville had to go back on his word, "Brandon will play in every game - winning, losing, or tied." Brandon is horrible - he throws INT's to horrible teams and is the cause for half of the scores that have scored on our defense. The kid can't scramble and will be sacked many times. I see a QB controversy with Cox causing us ball games with his inability to scramble and turnovers and failed 3rd down conversions. Jason escaped many sacks this year, Cox just doesn't have that ability - and that is what wins ball games.

I was really hoping we could go out and find a real good national QB, but that didn't happen.

The reason Jason Campbell is the best QB in the nation and I've said it for 2 years now:

1) He can throw very accurately

2) He can scramble - but does it only when he needs to

3) He can run - but only when he needs to or is designed to (which is rare and catches defenses off guard)

4) He's so smart - checking off at the line and reading defenses.

Most QB's these days rely either on the pass or the run. Manning for example can only pass, so he gets sacked often, which causes missed 3rd down conversions and 3rd and long situations. Other QB's, like Randall, rely on their scrambling to "threat" the defenses. But once the defense breaks that, they don't have the passing to convert on certain situations. Jason can pass, run when he has to and scrambles when forced to. I don't know many, if any, QB's that can do that.

129454[/snapback]

Didn't Tubby say that 'Jason Campbell was incapable of running a high school offense', in 01 or 02??? :rolleyes:

It's just too early to say anything about Brandon.

Say what you want, the reason we aren't playing for a title this year is because we started out 18th in the polls.  We were screwed by the preseason polls.  Because of that, if we be VT and finish undefeated the polls should feel an obligation to start us in the top 2 next season.  I don't care if we lose all our starters, we have earned a spot in that top 2 next season and they should give it to us in order to help prevent another problem.  If we lose, we lose the spot but if we go undefeated again, we play for a title.  Just my opinion.

129449[/snapback]

Just like LSU deserved to start the year #1? LSU finished the year #1 after winning the National Championship game. At the least, they should have started tied for #1, however, LSU started #3. What does that tell you? If LSU would have Auburn's '04 season and went undefeated, LSU would not be able to defend it's national championship. Instead, you would have the popularity contest that is going on with FUSC and OU right now and LSU would have been left out. Any team that goes through the SEC undefeated should never be left out of the National Championship game.

Archived