2021 4* QB Aaron McLaughlin Decommits From AU (2/4/20)

WarEagleAU

Eli Manning Jr (Yes that's who Aaron McLaughlin looks like in the face) should concretely be a composite 4* when the composite is updated again. ESPN just released their initial Top 300 for the 2021 class & he checked in at #70.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Eli Manning Jr (Yes that's who Aaron McLaughlin looks like in the face) should concretely be a composite 4* when the composite is updated again. ESPN just released their initial Top 300 for the 2021 class & he checked in at #70.

E, #70 WOW. Strong.

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

LOL. No he’s not. He is the loudest poster on here.

yeah that goes to @abw0004. On a side note, Gus does it again. How does he get these guys. Hopefully with Dilly, we can continue to be dynamic. 

37 minutes ago, DAG said:

yeah that goes to @abw0004. On a side note, Gus does it again. How does he get these guys. Hopefully with Dilly, we can continue to be dynamic. 

Have to give Gus credit here. This kid is a damn good QB.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Wait.  Loudest or positiviest (most positive for grammar-intensive purposes)?

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I said it was a new word.

9 minutes ago, toddc said:

I said it was a new word.

Not hating on it my friend

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

DEF most positive for sure. 

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

DEF most positive for sure. 

That's what I am talkin' about right there.

giphy.gif

Marcello and Neigbur (however you spell it) put out a podcast yesterday and he said McLaughlin has actually not been that good so far as a starter. He’s been okay and everyone expected him to be better than he has. He’s even said it himself. But he’s got 2 years to live up to what people expect HS wise

4 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Marcello and Neigbur (however you spell it) put out a podcast yesterday and he said McLaughlin has actually not been that good so far as a starter. He’s been okay and everyone expected him to be better than he has. He’s even said it himself. But he’s got 2 years to live up to what people expect HS wise

Just call KN the GOAT because that is what he is for AU recruiting. And this is one of the reasons why. It may not be what we want to hear but he tells it like it is. I like that style a lot better than Jeff Lee being a blind sunshine pumper homer.

On 7/30/2019 at 11:20 AM, McLoofus said:

I'm sure some will roll their eyes at a pro style QB, but it's always great to get a QB early in the cycle and this guy puts off serious face-of-the-class vibes. Could be a major, major asset if he's working the camp circuit for another year plus. 

Not rolling my eyes.........he's also dreamy😂

23 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Auburn Undercover is a great podcast, I listened to the same episode 

23 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Well true of that being said you left out the other half of that. Which was a lot of families of other recruits that have seen Aaron at a lot of camps this summer has said he has played exceptionally well in the camp circuit.

29 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well true of that being said you left out the other half of that. Which was a lot of families of other recruits that have seen Aaron at a lot of camps this summer has said he has played exceptionally well in the camp circuit.

Oh I heard them say that too but I don’t put that much stock into camps. Camps are cool but it’s way different going live in games. McLaughlin has killed it in camps since he was in middle school 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

And he’s only going to get bigger and stronger. Him throwing to Capers will be fun to watch this fall. 

36 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Oh I heard them say that too but I don’t put that much stock into camps. Camps are cool but it’s way different going live in games. McLaughlin has killed it in camps since he was in middle school 

Yes camps are different but they are part of the evaluation process as well. And I’m not sure how well he’s done in camps before this year. It’s possible he got offers before based on is measurable’s alone regardless of camp performance.

Just saying it’s worth telling the whole story and let the readers decide what they want to focus on.

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

And he’s only going to get bigger and stronger. Him throwing to Capers will be fun to watch this fall. 

With him at 6 foot 4 & nearly 230 now I’m not sure how much bigger and stronger he will actually get. Being a quarterback he doesn’t really need to get that much stronger. He’s already lifting 300+ pounds.

On 7/30/2019 at 7:51 PM, doc4aday said:

Sorry... I was trying to joke about it

I was not trying to be negative whatsoever and sorry if I came across this way. Joey Gatewood is tall and fast for a big guy who will likely run the zone read offense hopefully the way Gus intends for it to be. I guess it deserves an upside down facepalm X 20 while singing the jingle to the show called "Petticoat Junction" (lol x 20 !!)

Lots of curves, you bet.......

30 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

What year is Bo Nix little brother supposed to graduate HS?

2022 but per high school coaches around the state he's not expected to be an elite prospect.

On 7/30/2019 at 10:22 PM, Zeek said:

This is the most Saturday Night Lights looking, Bama swoosh haircut havin’, yoked dude we’ve gotten in a minute at quarterback. It’s insane the level of training and prep these kids go through now. Very exciting stuff.

Probably since this guy?

6368837.jpg

Archived