2021 4* QB Aaron McLaughlin Decommits From AU (2/4/20)

WarEagleAU

32 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Just seems strange and out of the blue.

Wasn't out of the blue. Keith told me at the Iowa St. basketball game a couple weeks ago to expect it coming.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I hope Gus is actually listening to Chad Morris and they are going to recruit actual running DTQBs.

I actually think Gus has given the keys to Chad for his O right now.

8 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Need a DT qb. Period 

Need a great passer. We need to stop thinking it is 1984 and start slinging the ball around. Preferably he is a good enough runner. I want us to set records with Chad and finally get 1k yard WRs every year. I want to see Clemson like numbers from our QBs and WRs like Morris had at Clemson.  Boyd was not a true DT QB or at least not in college but he was a good enough runner. DeShaun Watsons are extremely rare.

4 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

AU cut him loose. Chad is going to pick the QB. 

Confirms what I figured. Thanks!

Just looking at the numbers, Sawyer Pate who just said he's coming to AU as a walkon had better numbers. Plus, Pate has a state championship scalp on his belt. These extremely early commitments are getting to be less and less dependable as the years pass. It seems like half the time on these very early ones, if the kid doesn't change his mind the coaching staff does.

LMAO! Who's going to tell him!?

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Need a great passer. We need to stop thinking it is 1984 and start slinging the ball around. Preferably he is a good enough runner. I want us to set records with Chad and finally get 1k yard WRs every year. I want to see Clemson like numbers from our QBs and WRs like Morris had at Clemson.  Boyd was not a true DT QB or at least not in college but he was a good enough runner. DeShaun Watsons are extremely rare.

This kid can really sling the ball. He is a tall, good size QB with a big time arm. He was our signee Caper's QB. This staff better have a terrific list of DT QB's they feel like we can reel in or cutting Aaron loose without a replacement that is as good or better fits our plans is risky at best.

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

LMAO! Who's going to tell him!?

Not it!

Wish the kid well and I'm sure he'll do great but he's not a can't-miss for us and I trust Morris. He's definitely the guy I'd cast as the QB in my college football movie, though. Like the romantic lead in a Disney movie. Just look at that chin!

And I'm with you. We don't need a dual threat quarterback. We need a quarterback. I hope he's dual-threat and I'm sure Morris does, too, but thinking that it's necessary for your guy to be able to run is how you end up with John Franklin III. 

Good luck, A-Mack!

I liked this young man a lot so am disappointed but this gives me hope that Chad Morris really is in charge of the offense. This indicates to me that Chad did not like him as much a Dillingham and Malzan and he has really been given the O so he can find the QB he feels we need to run his Offense. Maybe we will see a more open passing offense with better route trees and more use of TE and RB in the passing attack.  Time will tell so while I liked this young man the hope of a more sophisticated Offense gives me hope.

50 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

This kid can really sling the ball. He is a tall, good size QB with a big time arm. He was our signee Caper's QB. This staff better have a terrific list of DT QB's they feel like we can reel in or cutting Aaron loose without a replacement that is as good or better fits our plans is risky at best.

My sentiments as well. 6'4" 225lbs with a cannon, and a blue-chip offer list. Aaron can play anywhere in the country he wants. Penn St, Alabama, USCw. This staff better have a really good backup plan if AU let him go.

4 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

Aaron can play anywhere in the country he wants. Penn St, Alabama, USCw.

Offers from those schools aren't committable FWIW.

11 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

AU cut him loose. Chad is going to pick the QB. 

The odd thing is a lot of Arkansas insiders thought the Hogs had a good shot at McLaughlin a few months before he committed to Auburn while Morris was at Arkansas.

Maybe something changed and Morris found other QBs he likes better or maybe it was the OC Craddock pushing for him, who knows.

7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Well f***

lol enjoyed saying it so much you put this in 2 threads?! I dig the tenacity!!!! GO AWFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!! hahaha.

2 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Didn't say he wasn't. Just talking about with whoever we get I hope he is a great passer!! YAAA FEEEEEEEL MUHHHHHHHHH?!??! Though I have faith in Chad. He will find someone who is a SLINGGGGGGUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. WOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I am excited maaaaaaaaaan. What about you?!?! WAR DAMN BAAAY BAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!

27 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol enjoyed saying it so much you put this in 2 threads?! I dig the tenacity!!!! GO AWFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!! hahaha.

Just a s*** day in terms of news regarding personnel! I love the players we got in this 2020 class but by gawd we have totally missed at some positions of need. This kid is 2021 but damn he’s a phenomenal talent I was excited about.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Just a s*** day in terms of news regarding personnel! I love the players we got in this 2020 class but by gawd we have totally missed at some positions of need. This kid is 2021 but damn he’s a phenomenal talent I was excited about.

Lol how is it different from almost any class lately we have had?!?! WE ARE USED TO IT BY NOW!!!! Perpetually in that really good AWWW MAN WE ALMOST HAD THAT GREAT CATEGORY but just cannot get over that last hurdle!!! hahaha. 

bnnghgh.gif

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lol how is it different from almost any class lately we have had?!?! WE ARE USED TO IT BY NOW!!!! Perpetually in that really good AWWW MAN WE ALMOST HAD THAT GREAT CATEGORY but just cannot get over that last hurdle!!! hahaha. 

That's why I'm happy the BVG ship- like this one- already sailed. At least we didn't have to wait until 2/21 to be disappointed like with Jones and so many before him. 

14 hours ago, au701948 said:

I am just hoping it is a mutual decision and that AU has someone else in mind that IS interested. Just seems strange and out of the blue.

Same here . It seems like from other posters that this is now the Chad Morris show . if so I hope he makes the right decision 

Archived