English Premier League fans?

InfernoOrangeSS

Now that the World Cup is over with, I was wondering if any of my fellow Auburn fans ever watch/follow EPL, (or as it's known in the UK, Barclays Premier League).

To me it's a great game and EPL is a great league. I'm a big fan of Liverpool, but I welcome anyone who follows the league to sound off and add to the discussion.

YNWA!

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was told Liverpool is the equivalent of Auburn of the EPL. Know nothing about them, but that's what I'm told.

I spent a while trying to figure out which EPL team's fans were most like Auburn's, and I concluded Liverpool. Their season last year also had a lot of similarities to ours.

I'm with IOSS -- YNWA!

I didn't really start following EPL until last year. I've always been a huge Fútball fan, but could never see the games. I picked Liverpool after watching the 30 for 30 "Hillborough", about the horrific tragedy during the playoffs there.

I really enjoyed watching it last year, and I liked seeing some of Liverpools players in the World Cup.

I have no problem with golf liking Chelsea. Just shows he follows the league. Most people who only want to say they follow the league will claim Arsenal or Manchester United.

On a side note, I hope Liverpool can replace the scoring they lost when Suarez took his talents to Spain.

I was just being informative. Not sure why golf is so defensive.

:big:

It's going to be interesting to watch Liverpool this season. They lost Suarez (which is a blow to scoring, but not necessarily to the team), and they have Champions League this season. I think Brendan Rodgers is brilliant, though (not unlike Gus). So, again, it will be really interesting.

:big:/>

It's going to be interesting to watch Liverpool this season. They lost Suarez (which is a blow to scoring, but not necessarily to the team), and they have Champions League this season. I think Brendan Rodgers is brilliant, though (not unlike Gus). So, again, it will be really interesting.

Golf was being humorous. ;)

I agree. I really like what Rodgers does. I think they need an impact striker, but I trust that they will get what they need.

(Very good observation in Liverpool mimicking AU's season last year. I had not thought about it.)

:big:/>

Golf was being humorous. ;)

I agree. I really like what Rodgers does. I think they need an impact striker, but I trust that they will get what they need.

(Very good observation in Liverpool mimicking AU's season last year. I had not thought about it.)

Oh, I know about golf, no worries. I've been teasing him all night on the Football and Recruiting boards, so that's what I was referring to (teasing him about getting defensive).

Don't know if you've seen this Liverpool board: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?board=2.0. I've been lurking for a while but haven't signed up, yet. Lots of good info.

Yes, one of my favorite LFC boards, but registration is always closed when I try to sign up.

Started watching BPL with interest about 2 years ago ... Guess about the time they started showing more games on TV. Very Casually started watching at the end if the 2010 World Cup, which Happened to coincide with my daughter starting competitive soccer.

For some reason I gravitated to be a Chelsea fan last couple seasons. Also like watching any team that has an American on it.

Enjoy rooting against man utd. Don't know why, just do. Ambivalent to man city. I think I like some of the mid-table teams because they can beat anyone but are often an underdog.

I like the way the BPL is set up because there is drama at the top, drama to make champions league, drama at the bottom. That puts 3/4 or so of the 20 teams fighting for something.

Another thing I like about BPL is I can watch the 6:30 game ... Split the 9:00 game with some of the morning college football shows and then roll right into Saturday college ball in the fall. Same goes for Sunday ... Early BPL, church, then pro ball. Completely crushes being productive on the weekends!

Another thing I like about BPL is I don't really care who ultimately wins so I am not nearly as worried about who wins as long as the game is entertaining. It's cool to be more knowledgable on the game as my daughters "career" has expanded.

Started watching BPL with interest about 2 years ago ... Guess about the time they started showing more games on TV. Very Casually started watching at the end if the 2010 World Cup, which Happened to coincide with my daughter starting competitive soccer.

For some reason I gravitated to be a Chelsea fan last couple seasons. Also like watching any team that has an American on it.

Enjoy rooting against man utd. Don't know why, just do. Ambivalent to man city. I think I like some of the mid-table teams because they can beat anyone but are often an underdog.

I like the way the BPL is set up because there is drama at the top, drama to make champions league, drama at the bottom. That puts 3/4 or so of the 20 teams fighting for something.

Another thing I like about BPL is I can watch the 6:30 game ... Split the 9:00 game with some of the morning college football shows and then roll right into Saturday college ball in the fall. Same goes for Sunday ... Early BPL, church, then pro ball. Completely crushes being productive on the weekends!

Another thing I like about BPL is I don't really care who ultimately wins so I am not nearly as worried about who wins as long as the game is entertaining. It's cool to be more knowledgable on the game as my daughters "career" has expanded.

:hellyeah: :hellyeah:

Guest jojo1515

Itll be interesting to see if Julian Green (sp?) makes Bayerns 1st team

..If he does, I believe I will pull for them seeing as he is the best hope at the moment for a true goal scorer to go alongside Altidore for the US in 4-8 years (Of course they are in German Bundesliga, not the EPL)

Liverpool vs. Man City from Yankee Stadium on FS1 right now.

YNWA!

:)

YNWA!

:)

Liverpool win!

Sterling was brilliant. Henderson played well. I really like Emre Can (even though the announcer can't pronounce his name).

YNWA!

:)/>

Liverpool win!

Sterling was brilliant. Henderson played well. I really like Emre Can (even though the announcer can't pronounce his name).

I was impressed with Sterling also!

YNWA!

:)/>

Liverpool win!

I was impressed with Sterling also!

I'm hoping he makes everyone forget about Suarez.

Watched a little of bayern last night and was surprised to see ribery on the field.

I'd like to know what "name" guys think of these US games.

It is a way to expand the team and their personal brand in the US market ... Young guys get "1st" team minutes to show out ...

But the established guys? There have been some big names, Rooney, here, but those are owned by US groups like man utd

I don't think any of them take these games seriously. Think NFL preseason games in London or Mexico City.

Exactly!

Archived