English Premier League fans?

InfernoOrangeSS

"It is different when you finish second and you know you were never really in it. You are chasing. This time we were there, right at the end. We could have won it."

No, it's not an Auburn player or coach who said this; it's Steven Gerrard, LFC captain, referring to their unexpected second place finish last year. Just like Auburn, Liverpool will be using their near championship last season as motivation for this year.

14 days until the season starts!

Several of those exhibition games on today!

YNWA!

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Boo on all you Liverpool fans....

I decided that I would follow the EPL last season and wanted to follow a team with a USNMT player. I started to pull for Sunderland since Jozy Altadore has signed with them, but after a couple of games, I just couldn't get excited about watching them (probably due to their colors). In week 3, I caught the Everton vs. Chelsea game and decided I would be a fan of which ever team won the game. I found myself pulling for Everton though since Tim Howard was in goal. They won the game 1-0 and I declared my allegiance. And I am glad I did. Everton was in position to be in the top 4 and had they won a couple of games they should have, they would be in the Champions League.

Gonna be a tough year for Everton though as they will have a bigger target on their backs, but they bought a good striker in Romelu Lukaku who they had last year on loan, but they need one more. They will probably try to get another loaner for the season.

I love the way European soccer works with relegation and promotion and there's a lot of games and lots of great rivalries. Liverpool and Everton are huge rivals and the derby (rivaly game) theis year at Goodison was outstanding. The one at Anfield was awful as LFC jumped out to a 3-0 lead. This is a picture shows how close these two teams are geographically.

article-1318362-0B81E15B000005DC-431_468x485.jpg

Now we just have to deal with all these bandwagon Everton fans after Tim Howard's lights out World Cup performance.

Cool pic. Sounds like there will be a handful of teams being cheered for. I'll have to learn a little more about Chelsea.

I'm hopeful altidore will break out for Sunderland

Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool pic. Sounds like there will be a handful of teams being cheered for. I'll have to learn a little more about Chelsea.

I'm hopeful altidore will break out for Sunderland

Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!

YNWA!!!!!

01060DC6-E164-4347-98F8-573E5FC571E4_zps1qlmudwj.jpg

Nice stadium.

My mother is from England and my grandmother lives 30 minutes south of London. Figured I would root for a team in London. I grew up in Atlanta. I understand that they are getting a team in a couple years.

Watching now! YNWA!

What a game!! Southampton have us all we could handle in the second half.

Sterling and Sturridge with goals. Defense in the second half was very shaky at times, but enough to get the win. That pass to Sterling was just a thing of beauty!!

YNWA!!

Watching now! YNWA!

Sterling and Sturridge with goals. Defense in the second half was very shaky at times, but enough to get the win. That pass to Sterling was just a thing of beauty!!

YNWA!!

Yep -- a little too interesting for my taste. Southampton played really well, especially considering that their team was raided during the transfer window (mostly by Liverpool)!

Hendo's pass to Sterling was absolutely perfect.

3 points!

Watching now! YNWA!

YNWA!!

Yep -- a little too interesting for my taste. Southampton played really well, especially considering that their team was raided during the transfer window (mostly by Liverpool)!

3 points!

Very happy to get that win!

Is it me or does Lucas and Gerrard not belong together at the same time on the Pitch? Seems like they play back too much and interrupt the flow of getting it upfield. (I could be wrong.). It was a really exciting game there in the second half and I loved the YNWA ringing out at Anfield in stoppage time to end the game. :)

How many countries are in this country................lol good line

That was great!

Watching now! YNWA!

YNWA!!

3 points!

Very happy to get that win!

Is it me or does Lucas and Gerrard not belong together at the same time on the Pitch? Seems like they play back too much and interrupt the flow of getting it upfield. (I could be wrong.). It was a really exciting game there in the second half and I loved the YNWA ringing out at Anfield in stoppage time to end the game. :)

I agree: sort of think Lucas and Gerrard are similar (though Gerrard is better) and both play the defensive holding midfielder role (Gerrard was shifted there by Rodgers last season). I'd actually prefer to see Emre Can (pronounced Dzjahn, or almost like John) alongside Gerrard.

I also claim to be a Liverpool fan! However, my soccer knowledge is on par with:

YNWA!

Archived