2015 3* CB Chris Westry (Kentucky signee)

CameronCrazy

regret it later on? I doubt it...we might see him a couple of times in his career .....hope he does well, gets a good education and enjoys playing in the SEC.

Phillip rivers, Jordan Matthews, ameer Abdullah, just to name a few....

Passing on those guys didn't hurt us directly

No it didn't. I'm just saying how they turned out to be great fb players

I do not see him stealing a championship from AU or anything even if he ends up being the best cb in college football. It is always a gamble but some coachs scout better than others and I would have to go with our curent coachs scouting over our last D coachs.

regret it later on? I doubt it...we might see him a couple of times in his career .....hope he does well, gets a good education and enjoys playing in the SEC.

I agree with that. I was talking about the other post more

Did not want Philip rivers, he tossed the ball...couldn't throw a spiral and was a huge hothead among other things. He may have been good but there were plenty of others.

Edited by Randman5000

I agree with that. I was talking about the other post more

ok, WDE

Did not want Philip rivers, he tossed the ball...couldn't throw a spiral and was a huge hothead among other things. He may have been good but there were plenty of others.

Well, he "tossed" himself into the league.

I do not see him stealing a championship from AU or anything even if he ends up being the best cb in college football. It is always a gamble but some coachs scout better than others and I would have to go with our curent coachs scouting over our last D coachs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not questioning this coaching staff at all. And yes, they are miles ahead of previous staff, I was just saying guys that wanted to play for AU but never do, turns out to be great fb players somewhere else. WDE

Nobody wanted Rivers as a QB. North Carolina State signed him with the promise of "giving him a chance" at QB but they really expected him to play tight end. Auburn offered as a TE. UAT wanted him to walk on at DE. He turned into a QB. Some things cannot be predicted.

Nobody wanted Rivers as a QB. North Carolina State signed him with the promise of "giving him a chance" at QB but they really expected him to play tight end. Auburn offered as a TE. UAT wanted him to walk on at DE. He turned into a QB. Some things cannot be predicted.

Agreed, which goes to show, u never know until u give someone a chance. And that's how this world is.

Back to the Westry situation: We haven't done much of this in the past because we're usually scrambling around looking for any warm body as recruiting winds down. If this year is an indication of things to come and we have a large number of top prospects on the line late into the season, expect more of it in the future.

This may also be the year when we've advanced to the point that we'll need to process a few to stay under the overall 85 limit before the new signees enroll. If anyone thinks this is some rec-league, everybody gets to play thing they better brace themselves. We've only been Holier Than Thou in that aspect because our numbers have been too low for there to be a problem. The day is coming, and it's a good thing. Having to process a few out means you've got it goin' on!

Back to the Westry situation: We haven't done much of this in the past because we're usually scrambling around looking for any warm body as recruiting winds down. If this year is an indication of things to come and we have a large number of top prospects on the line late into the season, expect more of it in the future.

This may also be the year when we've advanced to the point that we'll need to process a few to stay under the overall 85 limit before the new signees enroll. If anyone thinks this is some rec-league, everybody gets to play thing they better brace themselves. We've only been Holier Than Thou in that aspect because our numbers have been too low for there to be a problem. The day is coming, and it's a good thing. Having to process a few out means you've got it goin' on!

Agreed. I guarantee you that Gus hasn't been nearly as judgmental of saban's methods as we fans have been.

I totally agree.

Agreed. I guarantee you that Gus hasn't been nearly as judgmental of saban's methods as we fans have been.

+1

I'm looking forward to having the luxury of processing out a few to make room for better talent/skill.

Doesn't make him great and still doesn't mean I want him to be an Auburn man.

Guy is a horrible representation of a "professional"

With Westry and khari harding and mackenroe alexander all not coming or transfering out of AU can any one explain how or if it will affect our recruiting #s left for this year? Westry brought us down to 20 spots filled with 8 left in this year, but do the two transfers affect on this year or what???

With Westry and khari harding and mackenroe alexander all not coming or transfering out of AU can any one explain how or if it will affect our recruiting #s left for this year? Westry brought us down to 20 spots filled with 8 left in this year, but do the two transfers affect on this year or what???

You're right about Westry bringing us down to 20 this year which allows us to sign 8 more in this class (7 more now with Irvin committed), but the other two transfers have no impact over the number of recruits we can bring in this year (which won't exceed 28).

Those two leaving does help us get down to our limit of 85 we can have come August, though

Edited by Tivo48

• 6 years later...

I love justletting time pass and then coming back reading.......just interesting to see who actually know what they are talking about. 

• Haha 2