2015 3* CB Chris Westry (Kentucky signee)

CameronCrazy

Guest jojo1515

@The1stTheory: Prospect card from Auburn camp last weekend . http://t.co/kWXhHL1Lst

6'5", runs a 4.43 and has a 37.5" vertical...may be why we take a commit from a 3 star...heck, he could almost hit a basketball rim with his head and run down 95 percent of all receivers!

@The1stTheory: Prospect card from Auburn camp last weekend . http://t.co/kWXhHL1Lst

6'5", runs a 4.43 and has a 37.5" vertical...may be why we take a commit from a 3 star...heck, he could almost hit a basketball rim with his head and run down 95 percent of all receivers!

Don't forget that 81" wingspan, good lawd!

I remember an unheralded guy coming to an AU camp a couple of years ago, posted great numbers, then got an offer that people questioned because of his high school competition, etc. Named Coates I believe......

From Barton Simmons...

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Analyst-take-on-Auburn-commits-Craig-McBryde-Westry-29956428

Westry is the real wild card among the recent Auburn commits.He's shown that he's not disinterested in run support, he's obviously got a great frame, and if he has proven to the Auburn staff that he has the hips to play cornerback, that's a kid that could turn into a steal. He’s certainly rangy, he's got the ability to trail wide recievers, combat that back-shoulder fade and still make a play over the top with his size. I’m just anxious to see how Westry develops as a cover guy because my ears always perk up when a body like his commits to playing cornerback.

I'm stoked about this kid. Because of the lack of attention he's gotten nationally, he feels like that natural underdog that Auburn has built itself up to be. War Damn Westry! I'm rooting for you dude!

• 2 weeks later...

He won't have to play next year barring a catastrophe. I would imagine a RS as he learns the position. What he has is athletic ability through the roof and is a nice specimen for Coach Smith to mold.

Kam Chancellor was listed at 6'3" and 200 pounds when he entered VaTech. Westry won't be wildly smaller than that by fall camp next year. Not saying he's Kam Chancellor, just saying size isn't really a concern on this one.

He has the Height, Wing Span and Jumping ability to be beaten and still make a play. He has the speed to close, there is no doubt he needs to put on muscle so he can play run support. With out coaches and Red Shirt year to get stronger and refine technique we will have a great CB at Best or a great Safety at worst.

Size definitely matters, but I've been reassured, time and again, that technique and natural skill can overcome those deficiencies.

Size definitely matters, but I've been reassured, time and again, that technique and natural skill can overcome those deficiencies.

is that what she said?

is that what she said?

But when your girlfriend's nickname for you is "Swifty", all the technique and skill doesn't help. :Sing: