2014 Tiger Talk - Week 1 Edition

RunInRed

Tiger Talk on a Monday night? This a little strange ...

Listen to live Auburn games and coach's shows for free on your computer or mobile device: http://www.auburntig...o.html …

Bv7zNqyCEAAo1HA.jpg

HC Gus Malzahn: "We have more answers now, we know how our guys are going to react."

Malzahn tells a young fan there are 4 RBs to replace Tre Mason

Malzahn: "Roc Thomas is everything we thought when we recruited him."

Malzahn says Roc Thomas has the "B" button, like the video game. It is a shame that game is no more.

Malzahn says Quan Bray is top punt returner, 4-5 guys on kickoff returns.

Quan Bray leading at punt return, remember Robenson Therezie handled that on A-Day, and 4-5 on kickoffs

Malzahn handles a prank questioner asking about Alabama: "We play Arkansas this week."

Malzahn says Nick Marshall spent the offseason working on the "waist down" - footwork and balance

Malzahn says LaDarius Owens is "taking good care of his body"

@JamesCrepea

Malzahn on Justin Garrett: "He's been healthy and we're expecting big things from him."

Malzahn on Ellis Johnson: "He's been doing it so long, that if you hurt him in one area, he knows how to stop it" when he sees it again.

Malzahn says Bray is the top guy at punt return. "I think he's really going to come on and have his best year."

Malzahn: "We experienced about every emotion you could experience last year." Says they have a much better feel for team now vs. last year.

@wareagleextra

Gus Malzahn says Carl Lawson, who is out with knee surgery, "got a good report the other day," but didn't speculate whether he'd play in '14

@AUGoldMine

Malzahn on Star safety. Justin Garrett "is our main guy." T.J. Davis has a chance. No mention of Robenson Therezie.

@bmarcello

Malzahn names Gabe Wright, Kris Frost, Jermaine Whitehead among his key defensive leaders this season.

Malzahn on the secondary: "We do have some guys back" … lists off names ... "I like our attitudes, we think we have some talent back there."

Malzahn on OL: "Shon Coleman and Patrick Miller are two guys that have experience." … mentions Chad Slade as a 4-year starter w/ Dismukes.

Malzahn to fan w/ last name Scroggins on the DL: We have a lot of seniors … we feel pretty good about our guys up front.

Malzahn on Arkansas connections w/ coaches: "The unique thing is we had a relationship before we got here. All of us have family in (Ark)."

Malzahn on QB Jeremy Johnson's improvements: "We're very happy with where he's at and we think he's ready to have a really good year."

Gus Malzahn ends his first #TigerTalk of the season with another "no doubt." I admit I lost count after the first 1.

@AUBlog

I'm REALLY looking forward to watching Justin Garrett play. Coming back from a season ending injury has to be a big motivation for him.

I hope the injury bug is behind him now cause I expect him to blow some folks up this year !!!! WDE Justin !!!

"Justin Garrett, he's our main guy," Malzahn said Monday night on Tiger Talk. "T.J. (Davis) is going to get a chance to play some right there and we'll also mix and match." No mention of Therezie. He's out. No speculation. This is not a good thing for that position.. Probably a lot of dime this year, doesn't help our run stopping.

"Justin Garrett, he's our main guy," Malzahn said Monday night on Tiger Talk. "T.J. (Davis) is going to get a chance to play some right there and we'll also mix and match." No mention of Therezie. He's out. No speculation. This is not a good thing for that position.. Probably a lot of dime this year, doesn't help our run stopping.

You do know justin Garrett is bigger and better in run support, right?

Is it just me or does Roc remind any of you guys of Cadillacs running style. Shifty, explosive yet powerful. WDE.

Is there no one better than Quan Bray for punt returns??? I find that hard to believe. Loved everything else Gus had to say.

Is there no one better than Quan Bray for punt returns??? I find that hard to believe. Loved everything else Gus had to say.

If he's got the job, it's because he earned it. I have to assume he worked and got better, or the coaches wouldn't have named him the guy.

I love Quan but hope he's over come his tendency to run "east-west" rather than "north-south" if he's going to be returning punts. That's what I loved about Davis from the WSU game on, he took punts UPFIELD. It kinda paid off.....

Is it just me or does Roc remind any of you guys of Cadillacs running style. Shifty, explosive yet powerful. WDE.

yep,can't wait to see how they utilize him saturday

If he's got the job, it's because he earned it. I have to assume he worked and got better, or the coaches wouldn't have named him the guy.

He has experience and he did a pretty good job returning punts in 2011.

5:45 mark. Quan will do fine at punt returner.

Quan is reliable, usually sure handed. I fully expect to see Stanton Truitt back there after a few games.

So Tiger Talk to be on Monday's now, wonder if that has to do with Gus being able to attend Thursday night HS games??

It has something to do with the sec network I think with the Thursday games they moved the show

5:45 mark. Quan will do fine at punt returner.

that team followed that up with a 3-9 season. Wow.

It's crazy how many playmakers were already/still on those teams. I wish Emory had another year, and Corey Lemonier would've stayed for his senior year. Loefler really did royally screw us over.

Archived