Trayvon Reed commits to Auburn!

RunInRed

BREAKING --- former Maryland big man Trayvon Reed has committed to Auburn, sources told @CBSSports. Story coming.

@JonRothstein

Former Maryland signee Trayvon Reed will spend a semester at Elev-8 Prep (Fla.) before heading to Auburn

@jeffborzello

541579.jpg

Trayvon Reed

Snellville, GA (Life Center Academy)

Ht: 7-1 | Wt: 218

- Formerly with Maryland (dismissed from team after offseason arrest for assaulting an officer who allegedly caught him stealing less than $100)

- He is a former AAU teammate of recent Tigers commit Danjel Purifoy

Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Maryland, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Memphis, Miami (FL), Ole Miss and Wake Forest, among others.

247Sports: 4* (Top247 - No. 90)

ESPN: (ESPN100 - No. 68)

Rivals: 4* (Rivals150 - No. 91)

743857.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BEAT ME! He's going to Elev-8 prep for the first semester, and will be eligible to play second semester at Auburn.

Will update as new info arises.

Bryan Matthews has confirmed on twitter as well! Welcome big man! Looks like we have our four scholarships already?

They expect him to play this year if i'm not mistaken

I guess he will count as a walk on for this year and be given a scholarship next year?

Bruce Pearl has added two Top 75 players in the Class of 2015 (Purifoy, Spencer) and a Top 100 player in 2014 (Reed) in past week.

Pearl now has talent for 2015-16: Kareem Canty, TJ Dunans, Daniel Purifoy, Horace Spencer, Cinmeon Bowers, Trayvon Reed. Needs a 2-guard.

@GoodmanESPN

Some of these guys are bringing a bit of baggage with them. Do you think they can stay out of trouble?

Some of these guys are bringing a bit of baggage with them. Do you think they can stay out of trouble?

They better or Pearl will replace with equal or better. We are running out of room. I say we close this recruiting class with Bacon and call it a day. Unbelievable what a charismatic, energetic, and friendly guy can do is a short time. He has credentials as well, and a brand new coliseum. Excited about the entire AU sports programs and JJ is getting off the snide.

They better or Pearl will replace with equal or better. We are running out of room. I say we close this recruiting class with Bacon and call it a day. Unbelievable what a charismatic, energetic, and friendly guy can do is a short time. He has credentials as well, and a brand new coliseum. Excited about the entire AU sports programs and JJ is getting off the snide.

If they're adding Reed to the next class then the scholarships are filled for next year.

That's the big question, with both these players and their coach. The baggage car is running over, let's hope stuff doesn't start to spill out and bust open in the road on the way to the anticipated final four appearances.

I think with this first go around, Pearl is, (has to?), taking a few chances to fill out his line up with talent. I am pretty sure as he gets going, we won't see so much baggage in the recruits. Just my opinion.

Definitely have to keep an eye on the off the court aspect of things. Assaulting a police officer does sound bad but I could easily see it being something like he gave the officer a little shove trying to get away. I don't think any of Pearl's previous teams had discipline problems so hopefully that will hold true at AU as well. Pearl's baggage is laughable. Lied about a BBQ and later fessed up...ohhhhh

That would be pretty cool to have a 7 footer playing for AU next year!! Hit the books hard young man. I know you want to be a part of the first AU team to reach the NCAA tourney in a decade!! I'm really looking forward to pencilling Auburn all the way to the championship game regardless of seeding!

Definitely have to keep an eye on the off the court aspect of things. Assaulting a police officer does sound bad but I could easily see it being something like he gave the officer a little shove trying to get away. I don't think any of Pearl's previous teams had discipline problems so hopefully that will hold true at AU as well. Pearl's baggage is laughable. Lied about a BBQ and later fessed up...ohhhhh

That would be pretty cool to have a 7 footer playing for AU next year!! Hit the books hard young man. I know you want to be a part of the first AU team to reach the NCAA tourney in a decade!! I'm really looking forward to pencilling Auburn all the way to the championship game regardless of seeding!

Pretty sure it was more than a little shove. The Officer had to have hand surgery after the altercation.

On a different note, somebody get that kid a Momma G's sandwich stat!

Fessed up after he got caught. Tennessee thought it was so funny that they fired him and the NCAA thought it was so funny that Pearl got put under the "show cause" penalty. Ha-ha, right?

That's not to say Pearl and his current recruits can't be huge successes at Auburn, but they've got baggage. Hopefully the coach and his baggage toting players will see this as the second chance opportunity that it is and walk the straight and narrow.

Somebody pay Bruce Pearl 10 million per year please. Holy crap. Unreal.

You're a fiscal conservative in the political forum but, you want to spend like a liberal in the basketball forum? :P

Archived