Alternate Unis

PatBoCamRob

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C/O spring quarter '99 and 38yoa. I'd like an alternate uniform of Orange helmets and pants with blue stripe and white piping.

I wish we could get unis similar to those of UT Martin. Now their visiting whites are sharp.

Class of '83

It looks like we donated our old Russell Athletic gear to them.

Thank you for acknowledging this post. I was beginnig to wonder if anyone would catch it.

I would rather see a throwback retro uniform for a game instead of an alternate one. I enjoyed Michigan and Notre dame game when they did it. I liked it when we did it before. I saw something on war eagle reader about honoring that 1913 team or something but just a pipe dream. Would maybe pull for an A and eagle helmet.

I have no desire to see us go Oregon with this, but would enjoy seeing occasional alternate uniforms. Everything I hear leads me to think the players would also like it, and it certainly wouldn't hurt recruiting.

I like the orange jersey concept a lot. I think players and recruits would lose their minds (in a good way) if we tried it.

And I'm a guy who loves our current home and road unis.

AU '04

The only change I wouldn't mind is to have orange facemasks.That is it. I think it would pop off nicely especially when their wearing the all whites. Maybe even orange socks but thats as far as I go.Ive just always been scared that if you let UA change something they will keep on and keep on till your on the field wearing state flag uniforms like Maryland last year.So the little change the better.

The only change I wouldn't mind is to have orange facemasks.That is it. I think it would pop off nicely especially when their wearing the all whites. Maybe even orange socks but thats as far as I go.Ive just always been scared that if you let UA change something they will keep on and keep on till your on the field wearing state flag uniforms like Maryland last year.So the little change the better.

Yes, if an Auburn football player ever took the field with the Crimson cross of St . Andrews predominantly displayed on his uni, I would have to turn the TV off for the day. .

Maryland has a visually interesting but very ugly flag. (Is it a state law that football teams in MD have to incorporate the flag? The Ravens use it in their logo too.)

Alabama has an extremely boring flag that should never be incorporated into anything Auburn related. I saw an Auburn t-shirt with a tiger in the center of a state flag, and it made me want to puke.

C/O spring quarter '99 and 38yoa. I'd like an alternate uniform of Orange helmets and pants with blue stripe and white piping.

Orange helmets? surely you jest.

Orange (with the current white jersey) is the best option if you go with an alternate. Blue helmets with blue pants and a white jersey would look too much like Arizona. Having said that, I don't envision AUburn ever wearing an alternate uniform.

I wouldn't mind a "special game" alternative uni, like Neutered Dame's green jerseys (in fact we WORE green jerseys a few games in the late 1930s so it wouldn't be crazy off tradition). But not the tacky combo in the cite first post of this thread.

Age 51

Archived