Alternate Unis

PatBoCamRob

anyone keeping a tab on the votes and ages? shouldn't this be some kind of poll?

I'm 32 and in favor of a throwback or concept uniform of some type, but don't care for this particular design.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hell no. 43. Alternate unis are for teams that lack tradition and need a gimmick to recruit, neither things apply to AU.

Everyone has an opinion and I respect that. It is perfectly fine for us all do disagree and discuss. However, this position being stated as a fact is not accurate. Texas, Georgia, FSU, Tennessee, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Michigan, LSU, and Florida have all had alternate/throwback/special uniform sets over the last few years. All are traditional programs with a winning tradition and history they can be proud of. Yet they all have seen some reason to implement a uniform change.

I do agree however, that we don't need a gimmick to recruit.

I'm curious. In 50 years when we are still wearing the same uniform, will it be considered a throwback uniform? :dunno:

I'm glad we haven't always been opposed to change! Otherwise we wouldn't have the uniforms we have today.

I'm curious. In 50 years when we are still wearing the same uniform, will it be considered a throwback uniform? :dunno:

I'm glad we haven't always been opposed to change! Otherwise we wouldn't have the uniforms we have today.

Or be running the HUNH because AUBURN IS ABOUT 3 YARDS AND A CLOUD OF DUST AND PLAYING TOUGH DEFENSE. HAVING MORE THAN 2 WRS ON THE FIELD AT ONCE IS FOR TEAMS THAT DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY FOOTBALL

Lol, referencing sentiments on this board pre 2007

I was a VERY young buck at the time, but I was at the AU-thUGA game when they broke out the orange jerseys and AU had a backfield that included Joe Cribbs, James Brooks AND William Andrews and AU could STILL only muster a tie. No thank you on orange jerseys. With that said, and I know there's those who love to rip on the orange facemask lovers but my first "good" memories of AU were of one Mr. Bo Jackson jumping over bammer piles and saying "bye-bye" wearing said facemasks so they have a special place in my heart. Other than that...if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Age... born in '72 :wareagle:

Hum. Probably my favorite so far. And we are talking over 30 years of looking at alternatives. Could see a solid blue to match. But hey its all in tastes and opinions. Not gonna come through the screen and grab someone if they don't like it. .

Don't hate it.

Would like helmet and pants to match shirt stripe (blue directly against the orange on home helmet and pants; white in between on away helmet and pants).

Interestingly, our current stripes are known as 'Northwestern' stripes, presumably because we copied the stripes from Northwestern.

37, but I spoke to a prospect recently that has visited Auburn. We discussed many things including uniforms and he mentioned how he loves the traditional uniforms from Auburn and Alabama but he feels the Oregons and Texas A&M's just stay in the back of your mind. With that in mind, I opened my eyes to the recruits from areas that are not exposed to Auburn on a every week basis. I don't want any alternate uniforms, UNLESS, we used the all navy blue concept from time to time. I actually could go for an all blue, chrome helmet, with GOLD facemasks(not orange) concept for the Kansas State game now that I think about it. It would be a different experience to hear that Auburns uniforms were trending on a Thursday night. http://athlonsports.com/college-football/auburn-wear-chrome-helmets-2013

All navy blue uniforms would look pretty good. However, if we go all navy blue, then we'd have to go with the orange facemask because it would look so much better than gold.

37, but I spoke to a prospect recently that has visited Auburn. We discussed many things including uniforms and he mentioned how he loves the traditional uniforms from Auburn and Alabama but he feels the Oregons and Texas A&M's just stay in the back of your mind. With that in mind, I opened my eyes to the recruits from areas that are not exposed to Auburn on a every week basis. I don't want any alternate uniforms, UNLESS, we used the all navy blue concept from time to time. I actually could go for an all blue, chrome helmet, with GOLD facemasks(not orange) concept for the Kansas State game now that I think about it. It would be a different experience to hear that Auburns uniforms were trending on a Thursday night. http://athlonsports....me-helmets-2013

I really dislike that chrome helmet. I'm more partial to the blue matte helmet:

blueconcept_bowman-e1401894296944.jpg

No changes.

76 years old.

37, but I spoke to a prospect recently that has visited Auburn. We discussed many things including uniforms and he mentioned how he loves the traditional uniforms from Auburn and Alabama but he feels the Oregons and Texas A&M's just stay in the back of your mind. With that in mind, I opened my eyes to the recruits from areas that are not exposed to Auburn on a every week basis. I don't want any alternate uniforms, UNLESS, we used the all navy blue concept from time to time. I actually could go for an all blue, chrome helmet, with GOLD facemasks(not orange) concept for the Kansas State game now that I think about it. It would be a different experience to hear that Auburns uniforms were trending on a Thursday night. http://athlonsports....me-helmets-2013

I like the blue matte look also. My comment did not fully express my thoughts. I don't like the chrome look but I would like to catch the eyes of potential athletes that are not exposed to Auburn on a regular basis. After all, we are just killing time talking about nothing since we have a week off.

I like the blue matte look also. My comment did not fully express my thoughts. I don't like the chrome look but I would like to catch the eyes of potential athletes that are not exposed to Auburn on a regular basis. After all, we are just killing time talking about nothing since we have a week off.

That helmet is one I wouldn't be against seeing the team wear one time a season. It's been brought up here and in other discussions before. I like the idea of a throwback uniform to honor a team from the past.

I am probably twice the age of most of you youngsters. I would love to see the orange jersey for one game this season. What I would love to see as well, would be the eye of the tiger on both sides of the helmet instead of the AU. This for only 1 game and nothing more. It is hard to surpass perfection that we have.

990323.jpg

Top1.png

I'm 367 and I like these two helmets. Maybe tigers stripes on the pants and then a modern looking blue uni. I don't know, I'm not artsy. Why is change so bad though? Couldn't a new cool Auburn tradition be to wear alternates for one home game a year? I like our traditional uniforms and those should not be changed for 12 out of 13 games. That is Auburn. But, as Brad Pitt said in Moneyball..."adapt or die". I think it would further help our "cool" factor to have an alternate for 1 game. Recruits would like it. A recruit isn't going to pick a school just because of the uniform, but uniforms play a big part of the image and marketability of a school with kids.

Plus it could make money off merchandise sales, which could help fund things like stadium expansions, new sounds system.....

990323.jpg

Top1.png

I'm 367 and I like these two helmets. Maybe tigers stripes on the pants and then a modern looking blue uni. I don't know, I'm not artsy. Why is change so bad though? Couldn't a new cool Auburn tradition be to wear alternates for one home game a year? I like our traditional uniforms and those should not be changed for 12 out of 13 games. That is Auburn. But, as Brad Pitt said in Moneyball..."adapt or die". I think it would further help our "cool" factor to have an alternate for 1 game. Recruits would like it. A recruit isn't going to pick a school just because of the uniform, but uniforms play a big part of the image and marketability of a school with kids.

Plus it could make money off merchandise sales, which could help fund things like stadium expansions, new sounds system.....

367 months old?

Archived