Alternate Unis

PatBoCamRob

990323.jpg

Top1.png

I'm 367 and I like these two helmets. Maybe tigers stripes on the pants and then a modern looking blue uni. I don't know, I'm not artsy. Why is change so bad though? Couldn't a new cool Auburn tradition be to wear alternates for one home game a year? I like our traditional uniforms and those should not be changed for 12 out of 13 games. That is Auburn. But, as Brad Pitt said in Moneyball..."adapt or die". I think it would further help our "cool" factor to have an alternate for 1 game. Recruits would like it. A recruit isn't going to pick a school just because of the uniform, but uniforms play a big part of the image and marketability of a school with kids.

Plus it could make money off merchandise sales, which could help fund things like stadium expansions, new sounds system.....

367 months old?

Math. You can do it, Clayton!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.marylandpride.com/1812-uniform-reveal/

UnderArmor made a special uniform for Maryland this year commemorating the 200th anniversary of the writing of the Star-Spangled Banner.

Just nothing attractive at all about these unis. Maybe it's a northerner/southerner thing? Would think the kids are like WTH? But guess they could be excited about them?

I'm 367 and I like these two helmets. Maybe tigers stripes on the pants and then a modern looking blue uni. I don't know, I'm not artsy. Why is change so bad though? Couldn't a new cool Auburn tradition be to wear alternates for one home game a year? I like our traditional uniforms and those should not be changed for 12 out of 13 games. That is Auburn. But, as Brad Pitt said in Moneyball..."adapt or die". I think it would further help our "cool" factor to have an alternate for 1 game. Recruits would like it. A recruit isn't going to pick a school just because of the uniform, but uniforms play a big part of the image and marketability of a school with kids.

Plus it could make money off merchandise sales, which could help fund things like stadium expansions, new sounds system.....

Don't you mean 14 out of 15 games? :jossun: But then, at 367 years old it's surprising you can still type, so I'll cut you a little slack. :big:

23. The white helmet, orange jersey, blue pants combo is too much. I like our format (white/blue/white) but I wouldn't mind seeing a change away from the traditional racing stripes for some alternate patterns. I'm a firm believer that we can have change and look classy doing it.

There are several things we could do that fit some of our existing traditions:

Navy Nightmare/True Blue games = All blue uni

All Auburn All Orange = All orange or orange jersesys (or facemasks :cool: )

War Eagle = some kind of tribute to this tradition, the eagle on the helmet or something

Throwback to commemorate 75th anniversary of the stadium (actually wore a throwback helmet not that long ago with blank sides and grey facemask)

Auburn Creed = use of lines/phrases from the creed on the backs of jersey instead of names on a special uni

None would have to modern or crazy like oregon's or maryland's. All would highlight an existing Auburn tradition and would generate apparel sales, get some kind of special segment of coverage during the game (likely pre and post game as well).

Here are some throwbacks UA just put out for Texas Tech. I think they look good, like the way they tried to mimic the older jerseys with longer sleeves by putting the jersey stripes on the under garment. That is something Auburn could utilize if we did a throwback.

BxCXf_qIQAAfq0m.jpg

I like these two uni combinations: Like the Orange Numbers...

BvQ3zodIEAA22nT.jpg

and the 1913 throw back that I would have loved to see last Home Coming celebrating the 100 year anniversary of the 1913 tigers. THe helmet is to simulate the leather helmets back then...

auburn-no-name-1913.jpg

I heard we were wearing an alternate uniform for the Kansas State game. We will be wearing all white for the first time this season.

*cue WT posting something about rules and rumors*

I heard we were wearing an alternate uniform for the Kansas State game. We will be wearing all white for the first time this season.

I see what you did there. :clap:

I like these two uni combinations: Like the Orange Numbers...

BvQ3zodIEAA22nT.jpg

and the 1913 throw back that I would have loved to see last Home Coming celebrating the 100 year anniversary of the 1913 tigers. THe helmet is to simulate the leather helmets back then...

auburn-no-name-1913.jpg

I actually dig this throwback.

I like the throwback as well, but not a fan of the leather look helmet. The Redskins tried it a few years ago and I just didn't like it. We could do a all blue helmet, or blue with a single orange stripe and keep the throwback feel. Here is a pick of a Chicago Bears throwback with a similar helmet:

bearshistory_uni_2011.jpg

and the Redskins leather-look helmet:

USATSI_6732858-1024x682.jpg

and a brown helmet (i guess to look like leather) worn by the Packers in a throwback:

Throwback.jpg

I don't like the brown helmet look personally

It actually doesn't look bad, but we are Blue with Orange trim. I don't like the basketball jersey's that are orange either.

All Auburn All Orange = All orange or orange jersesys (or facemasks :cool: )

War Eagle = some kind of tribute to this tradition, the eagle on the helmet or something

Throwback to commemorate 75th anniversary of the stadium (actually wore a throwback helmet not that long ago with blank sides and grey facemask)

Auburn Creed = use of lines/phrases from the creed on the backs of jersey instead of names on a special uni

None would have to modern or crazy like oregon's or maryland's. All would highlight an existing Auburn tradition and would generate apparel sales, get some kind of special segment of coverage during the game (likely pre and post game as well).

If we want to do this, we'll have to be prepared to burn a timeout at the beginning of each quarter. The NCAA doesn't like the idea. Just ask Vandy.

Unless you're talking about using the Auburn Creed the way Maryland did with the text of the Star Spangled Banner.

Maryland-Star-Spangled-Front.jpgMaryland-Star-Spangled-Shoulder.jpg

I'm kinda liking this design. It certainly looks better than Maryland's regular uniform.

All Auburn All Orange = All orange or orange jersesys (or facemasks :cool:/> )

If we want to do this, we'll have to be prepared to burn a timeout at the beginning of each quarter. The NCAA doesn't like the idea. Just ask Vandy.

Unless you're talking about using the Auburn Creed the way Maryland did with the text of the Star Spangled Banner.

Maryland-Star-Spangled-Front.jpgMaryland-Star-Spangled-Shoulder.jpg

I'm kinda liking this design. It certainly looks better than Maryland's regular uniform.

That may be a change that the power 5 look to make when they start reworking things.

Under Armour's alternate uniforms and uniform redesigns are so God awful... Nike's design team is LIGHT YEARS ahead of UA at this point. I love our uniforms but I'm not sure if I think they're the absolute best in cfb. Certainly top 5.

I know I'm in the extreme minority, but I think an "Oregon" looking alternate would be really cool. I know their uniforms are flashy but they very well-designed. I just don't think UA could come close to pulling something like that off.

Under Armour's alternate uniforms and uniform redesigns are so God awful... Nike's design team is LIGHT YEARS ahead of UA at this point. I love our uniforms but I'm not sure if I think they're the absolute best in cfb. Certainly top 5.

I know I'm in the extreme minority, but I think an "Oregon" looking alternate would be really cool. I know their uniforms are flashy but they very well-designed. I just don't think UA could come close to pulling something like that off.

I agree with you. Oregon is marketed by Nike and it's some of the best marketing in the business. We need an alternate that is well designed, trendy but not overly flashy. There are an infinite amount of designs and potential unis we've never even dreamed of, yet we look at two or three concepts concocted by some guy with photoshop and deem alternates invalid.

IMO the faux leather helmet looking thing is just absolutely repulsive.

I agree with you. Oregon is marketed by Nike and it's some of the best marketing in the business. We need an alternate that is well designed, trendy but not overly flashy. There are an infinite amount of designs and potential unis we've never even dreamed of, yet we look at two or three concepts concocted by some guy with photoshop and deem alternates invalid.

IMO the faux leather helmet looking thing is just absolutely repulsive.

Not everyone is opposed to an alternated or more likely throwback uniform. I've seen a few that show possibilities. If someone comes up with something classy and not just plain weird like Oregon, I could go for it. It's not something that has to be done. Don't do it just to do it. Have a reason.

Here is an interesting concept.

BxCLEv1IQAA1uY9.jpg

I like it.

Archived