LSU Thread

au.tiger.96

http://www.tigerforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=1006

CHARACTER!!! Tubbie wouldn't know what character was if it fell on his head and knocked him unconscious.

I still can't believe that aubbie fans still think this guy is the answer. They stole him from Ole Miss when he was getting hot but still unknown. Now everyone knows he's nothing more than a snake oil salesman. His gimmicky coaching style may have worked in high school football but it doesn't fool real coaches like Saban who are true scholars of the game.

Fine by me. As long as aubbie fans want to keep fooling themselves into thinking tubbie is the answer to their program, the longer they'll be headed to the bottom of the SEC where they belong.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Now everyone knows he's nothing more than a snake oil salesman. His gimmicky coaching style may have worked in high school football but it doesn't fool real coaches like Saban who are true scholars of the game.

130299[/snapback]

He might be a snakeoil salesman, but he's OUR snakeoil salesman.

Saban = true scholar of the game? Puhleeezeee. He is a good coach, but he isn't anymore a "scholar" of the game than I am a fan of Alabama.

Now everyone knows he's nothing more than a snake oil salesman. His gimmicky coaching style may have worked in high school football but it doesn't fool real coaches like Saban who are true scholars of the game.

130299[/snapback]

I am a fan of Alabama.

130356[/snapback]

Well then, Roll Tide!!! :big::big:

130299[/snapback]

I am a fan of Alabama.

130356[/snapback]

130358[/snapback]

...in the mud! :moon:

:big::au:

Correction: That's "Toll Ride"...Still gotta' pay! :D:D:D

Guest Tigrinum Major

130299[/snapback]

I am a fan of Alabama.

130356[/snapback]

130358[/snapback]

Nice, real nice. How's that three game losing streak to Auburn treating you these days?

Roll, Tide, Roll...around the bowl and down the hole, roll, tide, roll....

Ha!  2002?  Try this one from yesterday!

LSWho Bleauxs!

130377[/snapback]

Don't you have anything better to do than search LSU boards looking for negative comments about Tubby?

I think I'm a fairly objective LSU fan, so hofpefully you'll consider my take. I have to admit the following facts about Tubby: he hasn't acted like a jackass in several years; and he went undefeated this season. I never thought I'd be able to say either of those things about Tommy Tuberville. And let's be honest ... until this year, a lot of Auburn fans didn't think so either. His coaching history is checkered with a some questionable moves, and he's been on the "hot seat" after more than one season.

Its true that those criticisms of Tubby are past tense. And you can't argue with 12-0, so Tubby and Auburn should be congratulated. But you shouldn't be surprised that many LSU fans aren't going to give him any credit, and will still hate him. College football fans have long memories. I know all the cigar business happened a long time ago at this point, but it doesn't matter. After that incident, it was established in the minds of most LSU fans that Tubby is to be reviled and hated. You can say that people should just "let it go" and you're probably right, but you're not being very realistic. Its natural for two teams in the same division to dislike one another. In the case of LSU-Auburn, that natural enmity is focused on a single individual (its been said before, but its true - LSU fans actually hate Tubby more than they hate Auburn). The result is a hatred that's not going away. Right or wrong, Tubby would have to show up on the LSU cheerleading sqaud before a lot of LSU fans would give him a break.

LSWho Bleauxs!

130377[/snapback]

Don't you have anything better to do than search LSU boards looking for negative comments about Tubby?

I think I'm a fairly objective LSU fan, so hofpefully you'll consider my take. I have to admit the following facts about Tubby: he hasn't acted like a jackass in several years; and he went undefeated this season. I never thought I'd be able to say either of those things about Tommy Tuberville. And let's be honest ... until this year, a lot of Auburn fans didn't think so either. His coaching history is checkered with a some questionable moves, and he's been on the "hot seat" after more than one season.

Its true that those criticisms of Tubby are past tense. And you can't argue with 12-0, so Tubby and Auburn should be congratulated. But you shouldn't be surprised that many LSU fans aren't going to give him any credit, and will still hate him. College football fans have long memories. I know all the cigar business happened a long time ago at this point, but it doesn't matter. After that incident, it was established in the minds of most LSU fans that Tubby is to be reviled and hated. You can say that people should just "let it go" and you're probably right, but you're not being very realistic. Its natural for two teams in the same division to dislike one another. In the case of LSU-Auburn, that natural enmity is focused on a single individual (its been said before, but its true - LSU fans actually hate Tubby more than they hate Auburn). The result is a hatred that's not going away. Right or wrong, Tubby would have to show up on the LSU cheerleading sqaud before a lot of LSU fans would give him a break.

130390[/snapback]

I think we are being VERY realistic. You need to keep in mind that the cigar thing happens everywhere. It's not a new thing. Tuberville is not the first to do it either! LSU fans are the only ones who seem to take offense to this. I just don't get it. Why do LSU fans have a chip on their shoulder about this?!

I know all the cigar business happened a long time ago at this point, but it doesn't matter. After that incident, it was established in the minds of most LSU fans that Tubby is to be reviled and hated.

i think the lsu people hate tuberville for something he did while he was still at ole miss. i read a post on it once a long time ago and forget exactly what it was he did to spite them. u may want to ask the lsu folks

i think the lsu people hate tuberville for something he did while he was still at ole miss. i read a post on it once a long time ago and forget exactly what it was he did to spite them. u may want to ask the lsu folks

What? Lead Ole Miss to a win over the nutria hunters? That would've ticked me off too. :big:

LSU people hate Tuberville because AU beats us 75% (give or take) of the time with him coaching. I have to say AU had one hell of a year this year. You guys got screwed out of the Orange Bowl. How can a team go through the SEC undefeated and not play for the MNC.

I know a bunch of LSU fans are saying "good for Auburn" because they feel AU was against us last year when we won the MNC. I say GEAUX SEC. I don't care which team it is. I hope the chicken $h!t media has enough stones to vote AU #1 like they did the condoms last year. I think AU is the #1 team in the nation this year regardless of the stupid polls. GEAUX AU...make the SEC proud!!

:corndog:

I still can't believe that aubbie fans still think this guy is the answer. They stole him from Ole Miss when he was getting hot but still unknown. Now everyone knows he's nothing more than a snake oil salesman. His gimmicky coaching style may have worked in high school football but it doesn't fool real coaches like Saban who are true scholars of the game.

This is some funny crap considering that this snake oil salesman owns a 3-2 record against their "real coach" and went undefeated through the regular season this year.

Fine by me. As long as aubbie fans want to keep fooling themselves into thinking tubbie is the answer to their program, the longer they'll be headed to the bottom of the SEC where they belong.

Again, funny. Does this loser have dementia? Tuberville's record at Auburn:

1999: 5-6 (improvement from 3-8 in 1998, included a 41-7 ass-kicking of LSU)

2000: 9-4, SEC West Champs

2001: 7-5

2002: 9-4, including a 31-7 smashing of LSU

2003: 8-5

2004: 12-0, SEC Champions, #3 in the nation, another win over LSU

I mean, there was the collapse in 2001 after Carnell went down and last year's awful start, but overall the progression is to the top, not the bottom. I mean our snake oil salesman is 4-2 against LSU while at Auburn and 3-2 against their "genius" of a head coach. I think this fella was dropped on his head as a baby.

LSWho Bleauxs!

130377[/snapback]

130390[/snapback]

You don't have to waste much time looking. Just spend about 10 seconds on LSU Tiger Forum :):)

LSU people hate Tuberville because AU beats us 75% (give or take) of the time with him coaching. I have to say AU had one hell of a year this year. You guys got screwed out of the Orange Bowl. How can a team go through the SEC undefeated and not play for the MNC.

I know a bunch of LSU fans are saying "good for Auburn" because they feel AU was against us last year when we won the MNC. I say GEAUX SEC. I don't care which team it is. I hope the chicken $h!t media has enough stones to vote AU #1 like they did the condoms last year. I think AU is the #1 team in the nation this year regardless of the stupid polls. GEAUX AU...make the SEC proud!!

130427[/snapback]

For the record, I was never against LSU for the MNC last year. LSU fans seemed to interpret the "split National Champion" thing as if it detracted from their on the field accomplishments. I thought USC deserved a shot MUCH more than OU, but sadly, we ended up with a split title. That takes NOTHING away from a fantastic LSU team from last year. Support for last year's USC team does not equal to snubbing LSU.

What? Lead Ole Miss to a win over the nutria hunters? That would've ticked me off too. :big:

it was something other than winning. it was another kind of in your face thing. the cigar thing was just gravy on top.

130427[/snapback]

tigerdog why does it seem that you are the only lsu fan who considers logic when posting? i wish there were some way for you to set up an internet tutorial for all of your lsu brethren where you could help them limit their number of idiotic statemets. thank you for providing a glimmer of hope towards intelligent life in louisiana. :thumbsup:

It's ashame LSU is represented by so many idiots on here (outside of 1-2 sane ones)......I love my LSU family/friends....aren't anything like the people I see on here usually

Archived