2017 3* QB Sam Ehlinger (Texas commit)

Campbell95

I can only hope Sam Ehlinger does not sign with TA&M.

He wants to go somewhere that he can get a good education. He's said that he knows football is not eternal, but an education will carry him in life beyond football.

I think TA&M is a good school. That kind of rules out Bama though. Ha!

Yes A&M is a good school, but the team to watch out for is Stanford. He is well aware that Stanford offers the best of both worlds in terms of football and education.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He wants to go somewhere that he can get a good education. He's said that he knows football is not eternal, but an education will carry him in life beyond football.

Yes A&M is a good school, but the team to watch out for is Stanford. He is well aware that Stanford offers the best of both worlds in terms of football and education.

Very interesting.

Very interesting.

This is because Sam is a very intelligent kid. He's in all AP classes getting great grades. In addition, he knows that football can be taken away from him in the blink of an eye whereas an education is something that he'll carry with him for the rest of his life.

So after a bye week, Ehlinger and Westlake get Bowie who is probably the third best team in the district behind Westlake and Lake Travis. They aren't too good and are currently riddled with injuries so this game shouldn't be too close, but a nice tuneup for Lake Travis in about 3 weeks (from Friday). As such, Dodge should allow Ehlinger to play more than in weeks past to prepare him for the LT defense.

Also of note, Texas is recruiting Ehlinger a little harder because one of his teammates (2015 LB Breckyn Hager) is now a Longhorn commit and Sammy is pretty hard to miss when watching Westlake. At the very least, there are people that run Texas recruiting websites wanting to get in touch with Sam for his thoughts on the Horns.

Based on what this kid has done so far this year, I expect to hear that he had another wicked awesome game. The kid obviously is very talented.

Sorry for the delay guys. I never got to go to the game because I was hospitalized with migraines. Frankly I'm glad I didn't go as Westlake lost. The offensive line was riddled with injuries and they were just apparently out-coached. Sam is also nursing an ankle injury and a mild concussion. Clearly was not his old self this weekend.

Ehlinger has a chance to really bounce back tomorrow night now that he's 100%. Westlake plays Akins who's perhaps the worst team in the district and barring migraines, I'll have updates from the game as well.

Sorry for the delay guys. I never got to go to the game because I was hospitalized with migraines. Frankly I'm glad I didn't go as Westlake lost. The offensive line was riddled with injuries and they were just apparently out-coached. Sam is also nursing an ankle injury and a mild concussion. Clearly was not his old self this weekend.

Ehlinger has a chance to really bounce back tomorrow night now that he's 100%. Westlake plays Akins who's perhaps the worst team in the district and barring migraines, I'll have updates from the game as well.

Thanks Campbell. Hope you are feeling better.

Thanks Campbell. Hope you are feeling better.

I'm perfectly okay now. Just can't wait for an angry Westlake team to lay the wood to Akins. This will be very, very ugly. Probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 80-0 and that's pulling the starters at halftime.

That really might be the score. Akins is...well...Akins.

Oh how I wish they were better. It's no fun to watch the game against them every year and the sad thing is they have tons of athletes over there, just no coaching.

Westlake knocked us out of the playoffs two years in a row when Drew was there

Where did you go to high school, bigbird?

I'll PM you

Westlake leads Akins 42-7 at halftime. Ehlinger with 3 passing TD's (11 yds, 22 yds, and 26 yds) and 1 TD run of 24 yards for a total of 4 first half TD's. Dunno if his day is done. Probably so, though.

Here are some highlights of Ehlinger from Westlake's win over Akins.

Deep ball to Laycock:

Beautifully placed TD pass to Cokley:

Ehlinger 24-yd TD run:

TD pass to Laycock:

TD pass to Scott (starts at 1:20 mark):

Enjoy!

Westlake gets one final tune-up at home against Hays Consolidated (Homecoming) before the daunted LT matchup on the 24th. Expect Sam to play much of the game and play well as he usually does. This should be a game Westlake wins by 4 TD's at least.

I fixed the highlight links for those interested!

By the way, Ehlinger finished 9-12 for 141 yds, 3 TD's and an INT (not his fault). He also added 82 yards on 7 carries and a 24-yd TD run.

Also a little note, my little brother told me that Sam is up to 215 lbs now and losing some of what he calls "baby fat". He got a little lighter when the season started due to conditioning, but has put on some good muscle in the weightroom this year. His college playing weight could easily be about 230 lbs.

I have a question for you Cambell. Are you an AU fan or are you pumping Ehlinger on a number of message boards of big time schools? I'm not judging you, just curious. We appreciate the videos and info but make sure Sam or his parents go to school's web sites he is interested in and fill out recruit questionaires for them. That along with sending tape and attending camps are the best things for Sam.

I have a question for you Cambell. Are you an AU fan or are you pumping Ehlinger on a number of message boards of big time schools? I'm not judging you, just curious. We appreciate the videos and info but make sure Sam or his parents go to school's web sites he is interested in and fill out recruit questionaires for them. That along with sending tape and attending camps are the best things for Sam.

Good question E. I was wondering if we have to ride this train all the way to 2017.

He's just pumping this kid up. He's got the same thread over at VolNation, and I'd bet other team sites well.

The fact that we have a 9 page thread about a 2017 recruit that likely won't even be a realistic Auburn target is pretty bizarre to me...but do as you all please.

I have a bunch of family that went to Auburn and I'm doing this because I'd love to see him there. As for the Tennessee thread, I didn't start it and basically told them to keep dreaming.

Archived