2017 3* QB Sam Ehlinger (Texas commit)

Campbell95

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting to know AUbritt.

Ehlinger and Westlake finished the regular season with a 63-7 trouncing over Hays Lehman in which Ehlinger had 4 TD's in just about a quarter and a half of work. I say that because Westlake had 2 pick-sixes and one returned to the 8 yard line followed by a TD draw so he basically didn't get 3 drives. There were only 2 plays that I could find highlights of, but they're dandies.

74-yd TD run:

Escape and 56-yd TD pass to Klubnik:

Ehlinger finished the regular season with over 2700 total yards and 33 TD's. He gets a chance to add onto that when Westlake plays Round Rock Friday night at home in the first round of the inaugural 6A UIL State Playoffs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

A little update for you guys... Sam Ehlinger went up to Dallas this past weekend for the Rivals QB Challenge and was named the top 2017 QB at the event. Here's what Adam Gorney had to say about the kid: "Ehlinger has good size at 6-foot-2 and 205 pounds and he's packed with muscle, so he's someone who can escape the pocket when necessary, set his feet and throw a really nice, accurate ball. It's clear Ehlinger has a lot of strength and it translates to his throws because the ball zips all over the field. He did a nice job, especially rolling to his right and nailing targets."

Good stuff from Sam and hopefully he can build on it because he has the Nike's Opening Regional Camp on March 28th in New Orleans. He did say to me though that he played well, but could have and should have done better.

Also, the first team he mentioned when talking about recruiting was in fact, your Auburn Tigers. This kid will be a top 100 kid in the country when it's all said and done. He's widely regarded as the clear #2 QB in Texas, only behind 5-star Shawn Robinson.

A little update for you guys... Sam Ehlinger went up to Dallas this past weekend for the Rivals QB Challenge and was named the top 2017 QB at the event. Here's what Adam Gorney had to say about the kid: "Ehlinger has good size at 6-foot-2 and 205 pounds and he's packed with muscle, so he's someone who can escape the pocket when necessary, set his feet and throw a really nice, accurate ball. It's clear Ehlinger has a lot of strength and it translates to his throws because the ball zips all over the field. He did a nice job, especially rolling to his right and nailing targets."

Good stuff from Sam and hopefully he can build on it because he has the Nike's Opening Regional Camp on March 28th in New Orleans. He did say to me though that he played well, but could have and should have done better.

Also, the first team he mentioned when talking about recruiting was in fact, your Auburn Tigers. This kid will be a top 100 kid in the country when it's all said and done. He's widely regarded as the clear #2 QB in Texas, only behind 5-star Shawn Robinson.

Campbell, thanks for keeping us posted. It would be something if Sam comes to AU.

Just got off the phone with Sam and he said Texas is recruiting him the hardest right now along with Oklahoma State as a close second and Auburn and Nebraska probably third right now. He couldn't talk long because he's in the Bahamas for Spring Break. Much needed break as he's been really pushing himself mentally and physically of late. I definitely see a different mentality in this kid. At the beginning, he was very stressed about this whole recruiting process, but now with it in full swing and with him winning MVP awards at two camps now, he's more relaxed and enjoying the process a whole lot more.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Saw a headline today that some kid named Sam Ehlinger was starting for Texas today. Took me like 20 minutes to realize where I knew that name from until I remembered this doozy of a thread. Anyway, glad to see that things worked out for the kid.

4 hours ago, AuburnArch13 said:

Saw a headline today that some kid named Sam Ehlinger was starting for Texas today. Took me like 20 minutes to realize where I knew that name from until I remembered this doozy of a thread. Anyway, glad to see that things worked out for the kid.

Pretty sure Campbell was his pimp or something. He was hitting up all kinds of team message boards across the nation.

Archived