Bill Snyder says Auburn had Kansas State signals in first half

aujeff11

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember when Mississippi state stole our signals in 2012, but no one gave a crap, because we sucked anyways?

:)/> :)/>

the memory I have of that was not them stealing signals. It was the tells kiehl Frazier was giving. If the play was a pass or qB run he put his mouth piece in, handoff he didn't.

The guy looks like a nice old grand dad ....but he is also a football coach and most of them are looking for blame when a close game is lost.

On the other hand, if we really had some of their signals, we must have missed the one for the pass to #14 running parallel to the line of scrimmage on 3rd and long. They made that all night long.

If you can look across the field and be able to read the opposing team's signals, you are doing your job.

^^Pretty much my feeling.

While this might make a good excuse for a losing coach, I've never understood why some people react as if this is an "evil" or borderline dishonest thing to do. Unless you've somehow bugged their locker room or paid someone to steal a play book, it's just part of the game. I'd love to have a coach who could decode the opposition's signals on the fly every game. Hell, we flash our signals on a great big display board--if the opposing coach can figure them out, good for him! Just gotta figure out what "Batman, Smurf, Actor, Flash" means..... ;)

The only time "stealing signals" is wrong to me is if you used unethical means to obtain them...secretly filming practices, obtaining a playbook, having a mole on the inside feeding you information. But if you can see what they are signaling and decipher what play that means is coming, that's just football. I mean, our signals are out there for anyone to see. Granted we have hand signals and placards and such so it's not easy to tell what's coming, but if you're smart enough to discern a correlation between certain elements and what play we run, so be it. It's on us to disguise them better.

Quit whining and making excuses. Makes you look pathetic.

If you can look across the field and be able to read the opposing team's signals, you are doing your job.

^^Pretty much my feeling.

While this might make a good excuse for a losing coach, I've never understood why some people react as if this is an "evil" or borderline dishonest thing to do. Unless you've somehow bugged their locker room or paid someone to steal a play book, it's just part of the game. I'd love to have a coach who could decode the opposition's signals on the fly every game. Hell, we flash our signals on a great big display board--if the opposing coach can figure them out, good for him! Just gotta figure out what "Batman, Smurf, Actor, Flash" means..... ;)

Boom!

The only time "stealing signals" is wrong to me is if you used unethical means to obtain them...secretly filming practices, obtaining a playbook, having a mole on the inside feeding you information. But if you can see what they are signaling and decipher what play that means is coming, that's just football. I mean, our signals are out there for anyone to see. Granted we have hand signals and placards and such so it's not easy to tell what's coming, but if you're smart enough to discern a correlation between certain elements and what play we run, so be it. It's on us to disguise them better.

Completely agree with you. If it were truly un-ethical and taboo and everybody had a gentlemen's agreement then there wouldn't even BE signals. They could just yell out "ONE" or "TWO" and the other team players could put their fingers in their ears and go "nanananananana".... Teams disguise signals for a reason.

Here is an idea for K-State and anybody else that claims this for that matter: use better signals or change your signals from week to week. IF they are getting other teams' signals they must be studying them on film.

remember the 2010 iron bowl. halftime adjustments with the play calling led to an epic comeback because bama no longer had the storyboards to pre-read the plays...... or so our players say.

as for the officiating, the big 12 crew was in k-st's pocket all night . pathetic!!!!!

remember the 2010 iron bowl. halftime adjustments with the play calling led to an epic comeback because bama no longer had the storyboards to pre-read the plays...... or so our players say.

as for the officiating, the big 12 crew was in k-st's pocket all night . pathetic!!!!!

I may be an AU homer but having reffed some college football and years of high school, IMHO that crew was flat nervous. Their mechanics were pretty rough. I haven't watched replays but not sure I saw much play-altering holding missed (saw some apparent holding behind the play not called). fwiw, those pushes in the back, at least at regular speed, to me looked like contact was made in front of the numbers and then the player rotated and went down. fwiw.

Yes yes Bill...Auburn was stealing your signs - which led to their success. They somehow knew, based on devious reconnaissance that you had sent the "miss a field goal" signal into the players and they totally capitalized on it.

The refs made me so mad I almost jumped on a table and yelled a sexual expletive

Funny don't hear Gus complaining about the Home Town Refs. I mean the block in the back on the big punt return was so obvious and several times the K-state offense linemen were holding on to the BACK of our guys jersey because they were beat. I know they have to let some things go but damn some of those were so obvious and the end result was a huge play for K-state most of the time. The defensive holding call (can't remember who it was on) that was on 3rd down and was the off setting penalty for the chop block I thought was very bad. Maybe they explained it but unfortunately I was watching at a club and there was no real audio. I didn't see any defensive holding on the little replay they showed. Ok we won off the soap box now everyone carry on.

Yes yes Bill...Auburn was stealing your signs - which led to their success. They somehow knew, based on devious reconnaissance that you had sent the "miss a field goal" signal into the players and they totally capitalized on it.

:)

Sounds like Saban whining after getting beat......it's somebody else's fault, not mine.

Ha um Saban does a lot of a**hole things, but that's not one of them. He ALWAYS gives the opposing team that beats us a lot of praise in the post game presser. Had a ton of good things to say about Auburn last year.

Sounds like Saban whining after getting beat......it's somebody else's fault, not mine.

Ha um Saban does a lot of a**hole things, but that's not one of them. He ALWAYS gives the opposing team that beats us a lot of praise in the post game presser. Had a ton of good things to say about Auburn last year.

I'm gonna have to agree. Saban is an a**hole to a lot of people. But I don't usually hear him make a lot of excuses for losses. I've even seen him get mildly upset when a reporter suggests some excuse (like not being up for a bowl game) saying that it's on him and the players to focus on this ballgame and to be mentally tough and make plays.

Right, If we just watch their side line signals, their formations and the plays that then get run and can understand the signals, that is not stealing. They can call it stealing, but it's just watching.

Archived