Bill Snyder says Auburn had Kansas State signals in first half

aujeff11

Sounds like Saban whining after getting beat......it's somebody else's fault, not mine.

Ha um Saban does a lot of a**hole things, but that's not one of them. He ALWAYS gives the opposing team that beats us a lot of praise in the post game presser. Had a ton of good things to say about Auburn last year.

I'm gonna have to agree. Saban is an a**hole to a lot of people. But I don't usually hear him make a lot of excuses for losses. I've even seen him get mildly upset when a reporter suggests some excuse (like not being up for a bowl game) saying that it's on him and the players to focus on this ballgame and to be mentally tough and make plays.

didn't he blame the fans at least once.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They had earned my respect until he said that.

^^^ this ^^^

If you can look across the field and be able to read the opposing team's signals, you are doing your job.

^^Pretty much my feeling.

While this might make a good excuse for a losing coach, I've never understood why some people react as if this is an "evil" or borderline dishonest thing to do. Unless you've somehow bugged their locker room or paid someone to steal a play book, it's just part of the game. I'd love to have a coach who could decode the opposition's signals on the fly every game. Hell, we flash our signals on a great big display board--if the opposing coach can figure them out, good for him! Just gotta figure out what "Batman, Smurf, Actor, Flash" means..... ;)

because by rule:

f. Any attempt to record, either through audio or video means, any signals

given by an opposing player, coach or other team personnel is prohibited

Are our coaches should apply to work for the FBI if they are that good.

Actually they are already working with the NSA. Snowden may out them any day now

:thumbsup:

Sounds like Saban whining after getting beat......it's somebody else's fault, not mine.

Ha um Saban does a lot of a**hole things, but that's not one of them. He ALWAYS gives the opposing team that beats us a lot of praise in the post game presser. Had a ton of good things to say about Auburn last year.

I'm gonna have to agree. Saban is an a**hole to a lot of people. But I don't usually hear him make a lot of excuses for losses. I've even seen him get mildly upset when a reporter suggests some excuse (like not being up for a bowl game) saying that it's on him and the players to focus on this ballgame and to be mentally tough and make plays.

didn't he blame the fans at least once.

Yes, and was mocked by Bob Stoops for saying they didn't care about the sugar bowl.

Really but nothing on ESPN regarding referee crew from their conference and blatant no calls for KS holding and blocks in the back? I was listening to AU announcers during the game and they were very vocal on this. ESPN announcers never commented

I have to admit some disappointment with Snyder, always seemed like a class guy but along with the stealing signs comment came one when asked "did Auburn win or KSU lose? Snyder said definitely the latter". Sour grapes or butthurt I guess but Auburn left just as many opportunities out there and defintitely didnt play their best.

http://sports.usatoday.com/2014/09/19/a-wise-decision-could-be-doubly-rewarding-for-auburn/

If the KSU coaches thought AU had their signals in the first half and changed them at the half, the loss goes on them. Because they were doing a lot better offensively in the first half.

The translation of Snyder's accusation is that he and his coaches are not smart enough to keep from tipping off AU on their plays.

He has carefully crafted the granddad image, but if you study his past you will see that he is a very different person. For example, when scheduling top 25 teams he would absolutely refuse to play them anywhere but at his place. The game at AU several years ago came about after he retired the first time.

His behavior after the game should let folks know what lies underneath his facade.

This may have already been addressed and I apologize if it has but this is my question: has Coach Snyder said what made them realize that we were "stealing" their signals. For him to make such a bold accusation shouldn't there be some defining moment in the game that made them realize this was happening? So what was that moment?

Actually the way Kansas St honed into Auburn's read/option and running game you might think they were the one's reading signal calls.

Same thought crossed my mind after reading about troll snyd's comments.

Actually the way Kansas St honed into Auburn's read/option and running game you might think they were the one's reading signal calls.

That was something I wondered as well. Sometimes you point the finger at someone else to take the attention off your own guilt....

This may have already been addressed and I apologize if it has but this is my question: has Coach Snyder said what made them realize that we were "stealing" their signals. For him to make such a bold accusation shouldn't there be some defining moment in the game that made them realize this was happening? So what was that moment?

I believe it's usually when they can hear the opposing defense making hyper-accurate calls at the line and it happens "often". But in HIS case, I think it's just when he figured out that the plays he was calling didn't work. Like many on this board, I'm very surprised and disappointed in him.

That was something I wondered as well. Sometimes you point the finger at someone else to take the attention off your own guilt....

Was getting ready to respond with this.

And Gus doesn't strike me as one to accuse another team of stealing signals.

Might explain all the audibles from the sidelines we were calling toward the end.

If you can look across the field and be able to read the opposing team's signals, you are doing your job.

While this might make a good excuse for a losing coach, I've never understood why some people react as if this is an "evil" or borderline dishonest thing to do. Unless you've somehow bugged their locker room or paid someone to steal a play book, it's just part of the game. I'd love to have a coach who could decode the opposition's signals on the fly every game. Hell, we flash our signals on a great big display board--if the opposing coach can figure them out, good for him! Just gotta figure out what "Batman, Smurf, Actor, Flash" means..... ;)/>

I have a sneaking suspicion those signboards don't mean anything -- essentially they're a smokescreen to throw off opponents looking to figure out our signals.

While this might make a good excuse for a losing coach, I've never understood why some people react as if this is an "evil" or borderline dishonest thing to do. Unless you've somehow bugged their locker room or paid someone to steal a play book, it's just part of the game. I'd love to have a coach who could decode the opposition's signals on the fly every game. Hell, we flash our signals on a great big display board--if the opposing coach can figure them out, good for him! Just gotta figure out what "Batman, Smurf, Actor, Flash" means..... ;)/>

I have a sneaking suspicion those signboards don't mean anything -- essentially they're a smokescreen to throw off opponents looking to figure out our signals.

I tend to agree. Although they are amusing some times. I like to think each character represents a player.

Last year...Juggernaut=Prosch. No way it could be anyone else.

Archived