Defensive Recruiting

Rednilla

LB play was the best thing about our defense last night. Pass rush was nonexistent and secondary was the worst I've ever seen it.

I missed the 1st half but in the 2nd half the secondary needed a pass rush.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LB play was the best thing about our defense last night. Pass rush was nonexistent and secondary was the worst I've ever seen it.

Hard to stay with SEC WRs fort CBs forever when their team gets no pass rush.

The LB's made a lot of tackles and a key interception. Whether that's indicative of good play or not, I can't say. After games when the LB's made few tackles there were a number posts on this board about how "they had other assignments" and the safeties were the ones that were supposed to make tackles.

The bottom line is our defense gave up 35 points. That's 73 points in the last two games.

Its almost impossible to play man-to-man with no pass rush. And no, we could not and should not have gone to a zone. Spurrier eats up zone coverage like no other.

The LB's made a lot of tackles and a key interception. Whether that's indicative of good play or not, I can't say. After games when the LB's made few tackles there were a number posts on this board about how "they had other assignments" and the safeties were the ones that were supposed to make tackles.

The bottom line is our defense gave up 35 points. That's 73 points in the last two games.

Our linebackers did pretty good last night. It's our secondary and line you need to be worried about.

Nothing against our guys y'all know I support the boys 100% but our DL needs work. Real bad.

Against the pass yes. Against the run they're pretty good.

Nothing against our guys y'all know I support the boys 100% but our DL needs work. Real bad.

Maybe we can just get the rest of the teams on our schedule to just run then. :)

Maybe we can just get the rest of the teams on our schedule to just run then. :)/>

If we were bama and saban was our coach we could do this. We could talk about the safety concerns with the forward pass and how it's not real football. Real football is when people line up in a power I and run between the tackles. Any other formation or any forward passes should be banned (except when we are playing offense).

But we're not bama. Thank The Lord!

Let's work on that pass rush!

Dang trader Rocker goin to the mutts ain't heppin our dline cruittin.

Not sure it is Rocker or Pruitt, or someone else, but UGA has a wealth of Dline recruits putting them 1st on their list while we have been struggling recruiting the Dline this year. The most upsetting thing about this is that recruits should be hearing we are losing several Dline players at the end of the year and should be checking us out.

Not sure how good of a recruiter that rocker is but Pruitt is a said to be a good one. You get that, plus the only school in Georgia, and combine that with a previous NFL player, coach and Lombardi winner and that is pretty good resume.

I live in Atlanta and drive by Tech's campus twice a day. Half my coworkers and many of my good friends are Tech grads. I often forget they have a D1 football team.

My best friend is a Tech grad and sometimes he wishes he could forget too.

Tech has been having trouble filling up their stadium even though it holds less than 50,000 people now. You would think in a metro area of over 5,500,000 they would be able to get people to fill up their stadium.

• 3 weeks later...

The coaches now need to focus all of their effort on defensive recruiting. We desperately need DJ Jones to be able to come in and play immediately. We also need to add Daron Payne or Beckner Jr to upgrade our talent. We need D'Walker or a DE that is going to put pressure on the QB. I think we need another LB and safety to upgrade our talent at both of those positions.

The coaches now need to focus all of their effort on defensive recruiting. We desperately need DJ Jones to be able to come in and play immediately. We also need to add Daron Payne or Beckner Jr to upgrade our talent. We need D'Walker or a DE that is going to put pressure on the QB. I think we need another LB and safety to upgrade our talent at both of those positions.

Don't worry bro, we've got that awesome 2016 class of DL coming in that should be able to turn this thing around by ~2018. Who cares if we don't sign a single impact DL this year?

The more I think about it, then the more I'm hoping that we get Muschamp. He would give us a connection to Florida leans like Jeffrey Holland and maybe even Cowart or Jefferson.

Archived