Defensive Recruiting

Rednilla

http://bleacherrepor...ictions/page/33

Sammie Coates with the 18th pick and Kris Frost at 32.

"Kris Frost is what the NFL is moving to at inside linebacker. He's smooth, explosive, smart and versatile. He can play inside or outside linebacker, has the hips for coverage and has the shoulders for stopping the run. And with Arizona running a scheme that asks for versatility, Frost is the perfect fit."

And scared to hit, not what they are looking for

Then how did he have 9 tackles against Kansas State if he is afraid to hit? Also the announcers said he was their MVP of the game even though Holsey won the SEC award that week.

The official stats as posted by ITAT list Frost with five tackles and one assist vs. KSU, which I believe is a career high for him. He hasn't exactly been a tackling machine.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://bleacherrepor...ictions/page/33

Sammie Coates with the 18th pick and Kris Frost at 32.

"Kris Frost is what the NFL is moving to at inside linebacker. He's smooth, explosive, smart and versatile. He can play inside or outside linebacker, has the hips for coverage and has the shoulders for stopping the run. And with Arizona running a scheme that asks for versatility, Frost is the perfect fit."

And scared to hit, not what they are looking for

Then how did he have 9 tackles against Kansas State if he is afraid to hit? Also the announcers said he was their MVP of the game even though Holsey won the SEC award that week.

The official stats as posted by ITAT list Frost with five tackles and one assist vs. KSU, which I believe is a career high for him. He hasn't exactly been a tackling machine.

I didn't look up the stats, just going by what the announcers said after the game. But afraid to hit???? Totally disagree.

People have been down on Frost but I think this entire season he's played well

He is not perfect, but who is. I think he is good and gets better every game.

People have been down on Frost but I think this entire season he's played well

He is not perfect, but who is. I think he is good and gets better every game.

Both Frost and McKinzy are improved over last year. They looked even better against LSU. Maybe starting Williams and Swain added some incentive?

Both Frost and McKinzy are improved over last year. They looked even better against LSU. Maybe starting Williams and Swain added some incentive?

The defensive staff has proven they like to give starts to those who have a good week of practice. Williams and Swain got all the practice reps so it was a reward to them, nothing more. All 4 of them are improving nicely.

Added what incentive? Both Frost and McKinzy were injured and hardly practiced all week, surely neither took their starting demotion as any sort of snuff LMAO. Can you please just man the **** up and admit that you were utterly wrong about our two above-average starting linebackers who are playing a key role in what is currently a Top 10 defense.

Added what incentive? Both Frost and McKinzy were injured and hardly practiced all week, surely neither took their starting demotion as any sort of snuff LMAO. Can you please just man the **** up and admit that you were utterly wrong about our two above-average starting linebackers who are playing a key role in what is currently a Top 10 defense.

Please use the ignore button on me if all you want to do is be rude. Come back when you've figured out what Bessent was doing across the Florida line. You know, the line that's 10 miles from his house? LMAO at you on that one!

As to the two starting LB's, they are playing better than they did last year as I noted above. Above average is a level they are still striving for.

Please use the ignore button on me if all you want to do is be rude. Come back when you've figured out what Bessent was doing across the Florida line. You know, the line that's 10 miles from his house? LMAO at you on that one!

As to the two starting LB's, they are playing better than they did last year as I noted above. Above average is a level they are still striving for.

Mikey, if you truly believe that, then Auburn is never going to have adequate linebackers, and you really should just give up.

Mikey, if you truly believe that, then Auburn is never going to have adequate linebackers, and you really should just give up.

Yep, I think Frost and Mckenzie are above average. They are not the Luke Kuechly type linebackers to register 12 tackles a game, but they have become a force to reckon with. I for one, think Frost has the best closing speed in the game.

Yep, I think Frost and Mckenzie are above average. They are not the Luke Kuechly type linebackers to register 12 tackles a game, but they have become a force to reckon with. I for one, think Frost has the best closing speed in the game.

I think we will learn a lot about our line backers this week. I think we are a team built to defend the spread more so than the power running game. We will get a little of both this weekend, but more of the former than the latter. If our defense plays well this weekend, i think it will start with the LB containing Dak.

This to me is the flaw in Mikey's argument. He does have some valid points but if you throw a freshman into the SEC he will 98% of the time not be ready. So in essence we will have this same conversation next year when Tre Williams and DeShaun Davis don't play like 5 stars.

We would have the same conversation the year after when Richard McBryde and Darrell Williams don't play like 5 stars.

Just because you are a 5 star doesn't make you ready to play at SEC level of All American. At some point you have to develop into an All-SEC type player. That usually takes playing well without the honor. That to me is what Frost and McKinzy are doing.

I think both our starting LB are playing VERY well. On plays where our front 6 are being blocked by 6, LSU got some good runs (but not HUGE runs like last year). On 2nd and 3rd and short when the O was in running situations, we stuffed the heck out of LSU. Frost and Cass are the best tandem we have had in over a decade.

I think both our starting LB are playing VERY well. On plays where our front 6 are being blocked by 6, LSU got some good runs (but not HUGE runs like last year). On 2nd and 3rd and short when the O was in running situations, we stuffed the heck out of LSU. Frost and Cass are the best tandem we have had in over a decade.

I don't think they are better than Bynes and Stephens (2010). I don't know why LSU was able to gouge us for 7+ yards up the gut the entire firsrt half. Maybe LB play, maybe the defensive scheme. It's hard to argue with holding them to 7 points for the entire game. However, if Moo-State has that same success, don't look for them to try something different on 2nd and three, they'll continue to try to cram it.

I don't think they are better than Bynes and Stephens (2010). I don't know why LSU was able to gouge us for 7+ yards up the gut the entire firsrt half. Maybe LB play, maybe the defensive scheme. It's hard to argue with holding them to 7 points for the entire game. However, if Moo-State has that same success, don't look for them to try something different on 2nd and three, they'll continue to try to cram it.

Either their number 42 or 43 was doing a great job blocking. Saw Owens get moved around several times.

Kris has also been fighting a shoulder injury. Makes it tougher to lay a lick.

Yeah but former players have said before this year he did not like to play physical ball. It looks like that may have changed since the Arky game.

Yeah but former players have said before this year he did not like to play physical ball. It looks like that may have changed since the Arky game.

Or the former players might have been wrong.

I think since his shoulder surgery Kris has shied away from contact on that shoulder. I think for the first time in two years he is pain free and playing like he should be. I am no expert but I did sleep......anyway! War Eagle!

I think since his shoulder surgery Kris has shied away from contact on that shoulder. I think for the first time in two years he is pain free and playing like he should be. I am no expert but I did sleep......anyway! War Eagle!

LOL, didn't we all. WDE

I doubt it. It was Antarrious Williams. He played LB at AU and should know the position well.

I doubt it. It was Antarrious Williams. He played LB at AU and should know the position well.

So he was gone 5 years before Frost signed. Has he been coaching Frost? Honest question. If he's been around the team on a regular basis, then yeah, I trust his opinion.

So he was gone 5 years before Frost signed. Has he been coaching Frost? Honest question. If he's been around the team on a regular basis, then yeah, I trust his opinion.

No and he does not have to. That was his position so whether he's coaching it or not he still knows a whole heck of a lot more about what he sees watching the games than you or I.

No and he does not have to. That was his position so whether he's coaching it or not he still knows a whole heck of a lot more about what he sees watching the games than you or I.

Oh, I wouldn't begin to pretend I know jack about being a real linebacker (I pretended to be one in high school on occasion... very small school... I actually played every position on defense at least once). Just like I wouldn't pretend to know the mindset of a football player who I wasn't actually around at all.

Archived