Go Gators!

TigerOne

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think WVU has a pulse. They have a nice QB and that's about it. K State has a lot more than that.

Maybe ALL the the football teams besides Auburn are bad?

You're so predictable I suspect you're AI. Have you ever failed a Turing Test before?

I don't think WVU has a pulse. They have a nice QB and that's about it. K State has a lot more than that.

You're so predictable I suspect you're AI. Have you ever failed a Turing Test before?

I'm sure he's failed plenty of tests. That's why he had to go to bammer.

Many here were felt Alabama would win this game by at least two scores. The popular opinion was that the UF defense would be solid, but offensively they were not good enough to score many points against Bama's D at home. Against an upper crust SEC team, UF looked like mush overall.

This game ebb and flowed almost as I expected.

Har har har...except

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/university-of-alabama-1051 (88)

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/auburn-university-1009 (103)

Many here were felt Alabama would win this game by at least two scores. The popular opinion was that the UF defense would be solid, but offensively they were not good enough to score many points against Bama's D at home. Against an upper crust SEC team, UF looked like mush overall.

This game ebb and flowed almost as I expected.

After our third fumble, I wasn't too happy with the ebbing or flowing. :)

Har har har...except

http://colleges.usne...of-alabama-1051 (88)

http://colleges.usne...university-1009 (103)

Claiming another championship? Compare using another ranking. There are others, too. Try finding Bama on the Shanghai rankings.

a bammer education is not considered top tier...not even in the SEC. UGA, Vandy, Auburn, Florida....all tough to get into and highly respected outside of the South for excellence in academics and the quality of their graduates. You know....AU has astronauts and Oscar winners.

But hey....you've still got ol' harvey and the tea bagger as the face of bammer.

uat 95th ranked schedule-fact. Btw, please explain why you were HERE during uat game? Very odd...really....even for a uater.

a bammer education is not considered top tier...not even in the SEC. UGA, Vandy, Auburn, Florida....all tough to get into and highly respected outside of the South for excellence in academics and the quality of their graduates. You know....AU has astronauts and Oscar winners.

But hey....you've still got ol' harvey and the tea bagger as the face of bammer.

The Auburn educational experience is not held in any higher regard than Alabama. A degree from Auburn isn't going to impress someone more than a degree from Alabama. They're exactly the same.

The Auburn educational experience is not held in any higher regard than Alabama. A degree from Auburn isn't going to impress someone more than a degree from Alabama. They're exactly the same.

not true especially in engineering.

even UAH is more repected than uat in that field

Sigh OK. Bama outranks Auburn every year for what, 6-7 years in a row, they're ALWAYS within 10-15 spots of one another, yet somehow a degree from Auburn is worth more than a degree from Alabama.

You think too highly of an undergraduate degree from a non Ivy League (signed, someone with a degree from the college of engineering).

You can point out individual degrees where one school outranks the other. Alabama has one of the best law schools in the nation. But we're still talking about undergraduate degrees - NOT from an Ivy League, not from Vandy, not from Northwestern or Cal. We're talking about the ~90th best ranked public universities. Nobody's going to look at a degree, in general, from Auburn and favor it over Alabama. And vice versa.

(And you can't cite UAH's engineering raking being better than Bama's - by 8 spots btw - and ignore the VERY SAME ranking body that ranks Alabama ahead of Auburn overall)

Logical* response, given the US News rankings you quoted earlier suggesting that Bama was better.

*By 'logical' I mean 'comical'.

Sigh OK. Bama outranks Auburn every year for what, 6-7 years in a row, they're ALWAYS within 10-15 spots of one another, yet somehow a degree from Auburn is worth more than a degree from Alabama.

You think too highly of an undergraduate degree from a non Ivy League (signed, someone with a degree from the college of engineering).

You can point out individual degrees where one school outranks the other. Sure. But we're still talking about undergraduate degrees - NOT from an Ivy League, not from Vandy, not from Northwestern or Cal. We're talking about the ~90th best ranked public universities. Nobody's going to look at a degree, in general, from Auburn and favor it over Alabama. And vice versa.

The US News ranking is only one of several, and not the most respected in higher ed circles.

It doesn't matter. You're splitting hairs. NOBODY is ranking Auburn 20th and Alabama 181st. They're all very very close. And you guys were ALLLLL about the US News rankings when you were ahead of us, now they're apparently worthless.

And people aren't handing out jobs to Auburn grads that they aren't handing out to Alabama. Nobody is saying "he had a 2.8 at Auburn, but this other guy had a 3.5 at Bama - let's go with the Auburn guy"

They're the SAME school. They're the same level of toughness to earn a degree from there. Stop thinking Auburn is Vanderbilt. They're not. They're a middle tier big state school. There's nothing wrong with that.

You can point out individual degrees where one school outranks the other. Sure. But we're still talking about undergraduate degrees - NOT from an Ivy League, not from Vandy, not from Northwestern or Cal. We're talking about the ~90th best ranked public universities. Nobody's going to look at a degree, in general, from Auburn and favor it over Alabama. And vice versa.

You are wrong. But you already know you are. You just feel compelled to defend bammer even when it makes no sense. bammer is a football/party school with an entitlement problem. It's easy to get into and easy to get a degree from.That's part of the problem in this state.

BTW...the majority of physicians in my hospital have degrees from Vandy and AU. My boss even admits that an AU education is superior to bammer. But you just keep on with your little bammie delusions.

It doesn't matter. You're splitting hairs. NOBODY is ranking Auburn 20th and Alabama 181st. They're all very very close. And you guys were ALLLLL about the US News rankings when you were ahead of us, now they're apparently worthless.

And people aren't handing out jobs to Auburn grads that they aren't handing out to Alabama. Nobody is saying "he had a 2.8 at Auburn, but this other guy had a 3.5 at Bama - let's go with the Auburn guy"

They're the SAME school. They're the same level of toughness to earn a degree from there. Stop thinking Auburn is Vanderbilt. They're not. They're a middle tier big state school. There's nothing wrong with that.

It doesn't matter if it doesn't support your claim. I get it. No one here is claiming Auburn is Vandy, by the way. You were claiming Bama was a better school than Auburn. Now, when the facts don't support your claim, you're backing off. At least you're that clever.

Thanks again for joining us during and after the Bama game today. You certainly added some entertainment value.

It doesn't matter if it doesn't support your claim. I get it. No one here is claiming Auburn is Vandy, by the way. You were claiming Bama was a better school than Auburn. Now, when the facts don't support your claim, you're backing off. At least you're that clever.

I didn't claim they're better - I cited the most widely accepted ranking body that showed Alabama being ranked ahead of Auburn to support my point that they're exactly the same.They are in the same tier. It's really sad if you think differently.

It's easy to get into and easy to get a degree from.That's part of the problem in this state.

According to the statistics that Auburn and Alabama both report, you have no idea what you're talking about...again.

http://www.princetonreview.com/AuburnUniversity.aspx (83% acceptance rate, nearly identical average incoming student profile as Alabama)

http://www.princetonreview.com/UniversityofAlabamaTuscaloosa.aspx (57% acceptance rate)

In other words - they're the same.

Only somebody from updyke u would claim that bammer is the same as AU. That's actually funny. You have no clue.

Engineering companies will take an AU engineer over a bammer engineer all day where I live. I have actually been told that by a Missouri grad who does the hiring for a big engineering company here. In the industry...people know.

Only somebody from updyke u would claim that bammer is the same as AU. That's actually funny. You have no clue.

Engineering companies will take an AU engineer over a bammer engineer all day where I live. I have actually been told that by a Missouri grad who does the hiring for a big engineering company here. In the industry...people know.

Please provide us with more anecdotal observations. They're a lot more valid than the myriad official rankings and statistics I've posted.

Various colleges within a university are going to outrank those from another school (and vice versa) in the same tier.

This is very true about the engineering degrees. I live in TX and if firms venture outside of Texas they like to recruit Auburn Engineers. My AU engineering degree is held in high regards in TX.

This is very true about the engineering degrees. I live in TX and if firms venture outside of Texas they like to recruit Auburn Engineers. My AU engineering degree is held in high regards in TX.

Yes it is true. It also holds true for medical schools. They love Auburn grads. My boss said that in medical school the best prepared students were from AU....and he went to Vandy before medical school.

I didn't claim they're better - I cited the most widely accepted ranking body that showed Alabama being ranked ahead of Auburn to support my point that they're exactly the same.They are in the same tier. It's really sad if you think differently.

It's easy to get into and easy to get a degree from.That's part of the problem in this state.

According to the statistics that Auburn and Alabama both report, you have no idea what you're talking about...again.

http://www.princeton...University.aspx (83% acceptance rate, nearly identical average incoming student profile as Alabama)

http://www.princeton...Tuscaloosa.aspx (57% acceptance rate)

In other words - they're the same.

:roflol:

Define 'most widely accepted ranking body' -- because US News is a magazine, not any sort of official ranking body; and their rankings are not very widely accepted.

Also, you cited the US News rankings that show Bama ranked higher. You didn't say they were 'the same' until I cited other rankings that show the opposite (i.e., Auburn ranked ahead of Bama).

You changed your story to fit what you now think are the facts.

And, by the way, I do have an idea of what I'm talking about. Do you?

Archived